Does anyone here feel like a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are many times, we can't help but compare ourselves to others and think we are not successful, loved and happy. When you have to deal with rejection, isolation, unfortunate circumstances, bad luck whatever you want to call it, it can grind your will down. I feel unloved and a total loner at times and I don't see a way out of it. I do remember though that there are ways to change how you look at things. Even if you've had things go bad for you I always remember a good quote that reminds me I can make something of myself;

'We don't get to choose where we start in life. Real greatness? It's what you do with the hand you're dealt.'

I do feel like a loser. All of this potential and I'm ******* homeless. I was going around picking half-smoked cigarettes out of ashtrays today and people just looked at me like a leper. I feel like my dad had all this hope in me and I've just disappointed him. I don't know where my life is going and I feel like my small taste of good times is long behind me. I live in the hell most people refuse to understand. Despite the fact that I don't use drugs or commit crimes, there is a significant portion of the population that wants me locked away just so they don't have to see my misery and live in their cushy isolated world.

Now if my picture isn't in the dictionary next to 'loser', I don't know whose would be. I say 'fresia you!' to the world that has failed me.

Gravely said:
I do feel like a loser. All of this potential and I'm ******* homeless. I was going around picking half-smoked cigarettes out of ashtrays today and people just looked at me like a leper. I feel like my dad had all this hope in me and I've just disappointed him. I don't know where my life is going and I feel like my small taste of good times is long behind me. I live in the hell most people refuse to understand. Despite the fact that I don't use drugs or commit crimes, there is a significant portion of the population that wants me locked away just so they don't have to see my misery and live in their cushy isolated world.

Now if my picture isn't in the dictionary next to 'loser', I don't know whose would be. I say 'fresia you!' to the world that has failed me.

nah, you aren't a loser dude.

You haven't given up at life. You still try to work hard to survive, even given your very unfortunate circumstances.

VeganAtheist said:
Gravely said:

nah, you aren't a loser dude.

You haven't given up at life. You still try to work hard to survive, even given your very unfortunate circumstances.

Thank you, man.

The only reason I try is because I don't have a choice. I'm a lazy ******* by nature. It's just that I'm in this situation and it fuels my anger at society, but at the same time I refuse to die. I won't die like this. All I want is the life I once had and all the things I took for granted, and I'll keep walking into the sword until the hilt is behind me. It ******* stings and there's blood everywhere, but it's what I have to do.

I completely agree with everything you said. Especially the first sentence. I'm tired of struggling to be someone, be noticed in any part of my life. I tell myself 'things get better over time' the way I see it the only thing that happens to me over time is death.

I have felt like that for years.

I have been overweight forever, even though as a kid I would play outside constantly, ride bikes, kickball,basketball didn't matter I was fat, and I been like that all my life (47 now), and what really pissed me off the most, I had a friend that hated excercise of any type, would eat like a pig, more than I ever did, and was always skinny.

I never luck out with jobs either, where I had people I knew that would luck out and get great jobs, I always got deadend jobs that went nowhere, just recently the job I had for 7 years that I loved, even though the pay wasn't great and I got great yearly reviews was eliminated so I was back where I started.

I never had a girlfriend, or anyone that was anyway attracted to me, I have been alone all my life, even my parents were gone by the age of 26, my friend gave up and got a mail order bride, but that is something I just don't have the money for, I have pretty much given up, when I was 14 I had a vision I would be alone all my life and learn to do things for myself, I right then went to my mother and asked her to teach me how to do laundry and cook etc, enough to get by, good thing I did, that vision came very much true.

I would have something good happen, I would be happy for a bit, then something bad would hit right after, now when something good happens I never get happy, because it never fails something bad would follow suit. Case in point, I finally got out of a financial issue that was haunting me for years, soon as I got out of it, two weeks later my job downsized me. I was like really, not even one year of being happy?

So yes I felt cursed all my life, I told a coworker once I must have been Hitler or someone equally as bad in a previous life and this is the punishment for it, or I did someone really bad somewhere down the line and got a gypsy curse or something.

I have many times looked at the sky and apologized for anything bad I ever done that might be causing this kind of bad luck, but so far nothing. Some people don't believe in bad luck or someone being a born loser, but after all these years I really think it can happen to a person, especially when you see other people always come up smelling like roses no matter how much crap they fall into.

Do I ever feel like a loser? Yes, only all the time.
The thing is, I've had more rejection than acceptance in my life. And yeah, people say things like, well, everyone gets rejected, don't take it personally, etc. But it gets to a point where you've been rejected so many times that you start to think about it and you end up wondering what's wrong with you. Because there's obviously something wrong, or else you wouldn't get rejected so much. And that's what has happened in my life. The bullies made me feel worthless, and even though I am now out of that school, they still are making me feel worthless to this day.
So, yes, I feel like a loser sometimes.
Quite a lot, actually.

The word "invisible" struck me, as I often say I feel like the invisible man. I must be completely forgettable because, unless I am right in front of someone...even if it's someone I speak to every day...once I am out of sight, I am out of mind, too. A few years ago I moved into a new apartment and I invited a dozen or so people from work, from the animal shelter where I volunteer, and other places to a house warming type of thing. I went out and bought a bunch of food and drinks...no one showed up. And these are the same people who are always telling me what a nice guy I am...huh?

Yes, kind of. It comes and goes. It's made me into a very angry, mopey, and overall pessimistic person. But idk what's wrong with me. I hate being poor, but there isn't any profession that excites me. I have a degree, but it's in something I'm not interested in and my only options now are to go back to school and basically be in debt for the rest of my life and never be able to have anything nice for myself and not enjoy my life because of that, or have no debt but work a job I don't like which stresses and bores me and never really enjoy much of anything because I spend all day doing something that I couldn't care less about.

I just don't feel like I am intelligent enough or talented enough to break away from this fate. I never get any interesting ideas for anything - stories, other art forms, businesses, places to go, things to do, nothing. My mind is just like a channel tuned to static. I feel so blank.

I'm also not good enough for any girls I've met that I'd actually want to be with. So unless I want to be alone forever, eventually I'll just have to accept whoever likes me even though they don't interest me. Basically my whole love life, if I even get one at all, will be fake. The whole time I will be wishing I could be someone else who gets to be with the ones I want. And that's the best I can hope for.

That's how I see my future - going to a job I don't care about, coming home to a girlfriend or wife I don't care about, and just sitting there in a stupor wondering where my life went, never doing anything that I actually want and never getting to live the life I dream of, just getting older and older until I expire. And that's what I feel is the BEST outcome I can hope for.

Yes, I feel like a loser. I feel like I just can't be more than this.

****- this useless thread still exists!!!! Kill the **** thing now, it's a downer!

WildernessWildChild said:
****- this useless thread still exists!!!! Kill the **** thing now, it's a downer!

Eh, I thought the same thing the last time I saw new posts in this thread.

'Stop being such a downer'

I agree - honestly I do. But what's the alternative? Put the smiley mask back on and pretend everything's fine?
I suppose that's all any of us can do - but sometimes that seems like telling someone who's drowning to "keep treading water!" - it keeps them alive - but doesn't get them to land.

I don't know - I don't mean to be belligerent - but this thread hits home for me - if you wanna chat about it - shoot me a PM.

Cheers

Peaches said:
I am the biggest loser that ever existed…

Nope. I don't buy it. Not by a long shot. For one thing, you play a musical instrument. That's more than I can say about myself. :)

The more of a loser i feel like i am the more shame and self pity i get out of it. Screw that poop. I am great.

Peaches said:
I am the biggest loser that ever existed…

Peaches, you should give yourself some credit and cut yourself some slack. You're definitely nowhere near being a loser. Not from what I've known of you. I vouch for this.

johnny196775 said:
The more of a loser i feel like i am the more shame and self pity i get out of it. Screw that poop. I am great.

Indeed you are, Johnny.

It seems to be a never ending story with me. I start to feel better about myself and then something beats me down again. Anf it beats me down a little more then the last time. When I climb back out again it starts over.

But most of the time I get beaten down because I make a big deal out of it. Yesterday I saw a girl I liked and she already told me she would not go out with me. She did talk to me for like half an hour while I wanted to run away and hide. After our talk I felt horrible and wanted to..... well you get the point.

So long story short, I know I am a loser. Having accepted it made some things easier in a sad way.

WonderRain said:
It seems to be a never ending story with me. I start to feel better about myself and then something beats me down again. Anf it beats me down a little more then the last time. When I climb back out again it starts over.

But most of the time I get beaten down because I make a big deal out of it. Yesterday I saw a girl I liked and she already told me she would not go out with me. She did talk to me for like half an hour while I wanted to run away and hide. After our talk I felt horrible and wanted to..... well you get the point.

So long story short, I know I am a loser. Having accepted it made some things easier in a sad way.

You know you're not a loser because you want to run away and hide after a rejection occurs. It's a natural reaction. Nothing wrong with that. I would do the same. But I certainly wouldn't like to call myself a loser - even if I do, I don't mean it. I think it's not very nice to talk down on your own being, besides, who will speak good things of yourself but you, yourself? You know your own person.

That girl may not want to go out with you, but another one who complements your personality and character might. Even if you give up on that altogether, it still doesn't make you a loser anyhow.

I feel like a loser all the time. I do silly honeysuckle, and then I laugh at myself for doing those silly things. What's wrong with that? Being a loser isn't always so terrible. Have fun with it at least.

@ladyforsaken

I was trying to use the quote but failed, that made me smile :)

Thanks for your post, the way i feel about that situation is the way I feel about almost everything. All the good things in life are luck and all the bad things are diserved. That makes a lot of things very difficult. And finding a relationship is something I long for so that does give me the most heartache. I did make the choice to stop with it all but who can turn of feelings and emotions? I have so much of them I can not stop with them. And so many are negative.

Latest posts

Back