Does anyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

perfanoff

gets fresher later in the night, instead of more tired?

I feel that no matter what I do, how many hours I have slept the earlier night, I'm fresh as cabbage from about 7 PM to 10-12 PM.

How does that work? AM I A REVERSE TIME TRAVELER?

No, it happens to me too. I think it's just a good dinner that gives a "second wind" kind of idea. Today i was very tired at around 3-4 pm, now its 7:40 pm and im really awake, and i will continue to be like this for a couple of hours. On a side note, i don't drink coffee or energy drinks or anything of the sort.

It's just your body clock, everyone's varies.

Now that you mentioned, I totally wished I was a reverse time traveller.
I get that too, and even when I used to have a busy day, I'd feel extremely tired at about 8pm. Then almost as if someone turned my energy switch on, I'd get wide awake and energetic in a matter of half hour until around 1am. So trying to sleep early was like a mission impossible basically..

My mind always is much clearer at night, and have more energy to do things, and if my mood inclines to be good then it is more likely to be good at night. My best schedule really, is to wake up at noon to 1 pm, and go to bed at 4-5 am. It is difficult for me to sleep at night no matter how terribly sleepy, and then some how if I manage sleeping at night and wake up in morning, always very sleepy if I must be awake during day-time hours.

I think many people naturally are this way.. and idea the best schedule for every one to wake up at morning and sleep at night is incorrect, really it only is the convenient thing if you must do working or school or shopping, or to interact with all the day-people.

It means you're a witch...

Witch+Burning.jpg

Glad you're in the same boat as me :) Think of all the exciting stuff that can be done while the day-people are sleeping!

Um, yes, not only the pervy stuff. :p How about swimming in the sea at night?

Sometimes I stay awake so long I forget I'm tired, yeah. Especially the case when I suddenly have to focus on a task that's not a lazy one, such as say, cooking.

You generally don't gain anything when you sleep in terms of energy, though. Literally nothing in your body changes, it's all your brain. Sure there are theories your body does all sorts of repairwork inside, such as reparing stuff the bacteria might eat away that you can't feel, or just fixing and kind of massaging muscles by flexing them in the night and so on, and also unwinding your skeleton and stuff but..it's all up in the air really.

My theory is sleep simply lets your mind defragment what you've learned, seen and done today. It deletes 80% of it and keeps partial parts of all of it, making up about 20% of what you saw. Which then degrades over time anyway. Anyway I guess what I'm saying is the sudden rush of freshness is your mind having been forced to do some background recalibrating since you didn't go sleep, and then suddenly finished sorting a part of your mind that was working with all the stuff you've done recently. Once the cache was cleared, so to speak, you suddenly feel fresher - if only for a while, until you see more stuff and the burden raises up again, and makes your mind tell you you need to sleep so it can work in **** peace without you adding more to the pile.

Saw an interesting advert once to do with cameras, a guy was walking through a forest and everytime he blinked, an image snapped out of his head (I think) and appeared on the ground at exactly what he was looking at. Perhaps the mind works in a similar way, taking mini pictures constantly, which then need to be deleted or sorted while you sleep.

Did I mention I'm crazy? Blame that if I make no sense.

perfanoff said:
Glad you're in the same boat as me :) Think of all the exciting stuff that can be done while the day-people are sleeping!

Um, yes, not only the pervy stuff. :p How about swimming in the sea at night?

Fess up perfanoff, you were totally thinking skinny dipping then right :p

Greb - No, you're not crazy at all! Actually you're theory is very interesting and I agree that sleep does that partly. :)

For me, if I am not in bed by midnight for whatever reason (aka battling it out in the games section), I can't fall asleep until around 3am. So basically what I'm saying is you speedy Rosebolt/Mike/LadyF/perfanoff, this is all your fault! :D

Lol perfanoff - fresh as cabbage.

I'm usually pretty exhausted by night time. But there were days before when I was younger, where I experienced this. I always wondered if it's because I'm just a night owl and not really human.

Latest posts

Back