Drowning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoLonely91

Reaction score
This loneliness is killing me. I just can't take it anymore. What do I have to do to keep for feeling this way. I'm sick and tired of being me. Any advice would be deadly appreciated.

Perspective is everything. You sound suicidal to me, but it doesn't have to be like that. Life is not 'I want this or I must die'. It can be just 'I want this'. There doesn't have to be a decided end. Just keep breathing, and let the end come when the Reaper sees fit (which hopefully won't be soon). A life without problems is a dream, but it wouldn't be worth sitting through.

If your pain is deep, I can't provide a cure, but my medicine is distraction. People may say 'Get out and meet people'. Really? When you're alone and you feel like dirt, you don't have the enthusiasm for it and you will just end up depressing people. Just take baby steps. Distract yourself now, retreat to those distractions everyday to give you comfort, and then reach out when you feel ready.

Talk to us, SL. What Gravely said as well - distract yourself if you can. Maybe watch a movie or play some games or just take a walk outside and breathe. Hope you're feeling better by now. *hugs*

Feeling the same exact way.
At the moment I feel like being lonely and sober is the worst combination.

ive been lonely and depressed for the last 5 yrs....i tried to stay sober only lasted up until friday...5 days....bust ass all week at work to look foward to the weekened and then it comes along...and i end up drinking alone and sad...ive noticed alot of people are suffering from loneliness and depression

Find what is it you truly desire. Then chase it, you will most likely find other people who desires the same thing as you do, and you may find kinship enough there to chase away your loneliness.

If you say what you truly desire is friendship, then you probably haven't found what you truly desire, and this may be the problem.

This isn't an easy path, nor something that will bring you instant bonds, but it's definitively worth fighting for.

Latest posts

Back