Everybody looks old

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks-wise, I don't think I compared too favorably as a teen. I think I compare much more favorably in my 50's. My grandfather was that way too. I think it was an honest assessment, and I resolved to focus elsewhere.

I always liked people to have some character worked into their faces - the young are still pretty smooth slates.

And as to everybody looking old, in my town everybody on the street, sometimes, IS old! They've built 3 large retirement communities. I really like the oldies, generally. Back in my 20's I used to walk around the retirement communities admiring the beautiful gardens and the peace and quiet. I wanted to live there. I may still, some day.

With your continued antisocial comments about people, I find it hard to believe you are or "were" a doctor.

I'm getting older and looking older - I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's infinitely preferable to the alternative ;)

I'm not necessarily saying I don't like old people (or people that smell, referring to my previous post). I'm generally an avoidant person who doesn't like to deal with people too much.

I'm merely making an observation based on my senses. Believe it or not, I do have a nose, and I have eyes. And they are quite sharp, aside from my nearsightedness which is corrected to 20/10.

Myself I plan to participate in the deception. I'm going to get a teeth whitening and laser hair and scar treatment soon.

lonelydoc said:
Women begin to look old in their mid 20s. Men in their early 30s. Without exception.

It has to do with genetics. You just basically lose the subcutaneous tissue and your hair thins and you develop spots all over.

Doesn't matter how many products or procedures you have done to your skin or hair or teeth, or how much you exercise, you can only mask it and not very successfully.

Everybody I see looks quite old and tired. Only the ultra celebrities who are pampered 24/7 and spend hundreds of thousands on their looks can stave off the decline. And even they usually mess things up with plastic surgery.

How old are you?

Lacrecia said:
lonelydoc said:
Women begin to look old in their mid 20s. Men in their early 30s. Without exception.

It has to do with genetics. You just basically lose the subcutaneous tissue and your hair thins and you develop spots all over.

Doesn't matter how many products or procedures you have done to your skin or hair or teeth, or how much you exercise, you can only mask it and not very successfully.

Everybody I see looks quite old and tired. Only the ultra celebrities who are pampered 24/7 and spend hundreds of thousands on their looks can stave off the decline. And even they usually mess things up with plastic surgery.

How old are you?

I'm 34. I probably look around that age, but with some weight loss/exercise/procedures my goal is to look early 30s until I'm around 40 or so.

I'm sorry but you are already an oldie. Maybe you even smell like one.

^ ^ To me 34 is not old, but then I'm someone who thinks 40-45 isn't old, either.

Batman55 said:
^ ^ To me 34 is not old, but then I'm someone who thinks 40-45 isn't old, either.

I would believe Lacrecia said that because Lonelydoc sees fit to basically insult anyone that doesn't fit into his category of being perfect, although he's not a spring chicken either.

VanillaCreme said:
Batman55 said:

I would believe Lacrecia said that because Lonelydoc sees fit to basically insult anyone that doesn't fit into his category of being perfect, although he's not a spring chicken either.

Exactly

PenDragon said:
What the hell is wrong in being old!!! I'll be old one day so will you too. What's the point you're trying to make?

Not much besides making an intentionally controversial comment.. I imagine, anyway :rolleyes2:

Latest posts

Back