everyone is the same

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I met someone a long time ago who I really thought was different. They had alternative tastes and seemed into things that no one else was. Now they have more friends again, they have changed a lot and just seem like everyone else. To me everyone craves attention, and they all act the same; such as go drinking every weekend, suck up to each other on facebook, big up themselves etc.

I'm questioning whether I ever want a relationship with anyone, because the only person I can ever relate to is myself. But i can't live a lonely life, it's hard enough already. I'm finding more and more reasons for suicide without even trying. Every year the feeling grows stronger that I was never meant for this world. I just don't fit.

you dont fit because youre beautifully unique. Life is a multi colored tapestry. And maybe your color is exceedingly rare. And rare things; at least rare objects...are all the more valued for their rarity.

So you feel scorned, neglected, and lost. That just means you dont fit into the box. That's not so bad. It's not bad at all. It's those that fit into the crowd i feel sad for.

What SophiaGrace said :)

Your uniqueness is something you should treasure. If we were all the 'same' then the world would be a very dull place to live in.

Yea I guess everyone wants love, and everyone wants to be in a group. Imagine if you were in one, you might not all have completely simialr interests, but you have just enough to enjoy each others company.

But, I understand where your coming from. It is a little annoying seeing other people get along :p

Not everyone is the same. I abhor facebook, I drink for pleasure on occasion (instead of drinking to get drunk every time I go out), and I'm a fairly humble guy. It just depends on what social circles you're surrounded with. In some places, what you're describing may very well be the average behavior of "normal" people.

But it's vastly different everywhere you go. I suggest that if it's bothering you that much, you should move! Even just moving cross-city can sometimes give you that switch-up you may need to find people a little more like you! :D

Just don't give up on EVERYONE because of the failings of a few dead-ends.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back