feeling lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spectacles

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Im new here, glad to have found this site. I read some of the posts and felt so identified...
Im 28 year old girl, from Argentina but living temporarily in Ireland. I started feeling lonely a few years back and its getting worse with time.. I cant really talk about this with ppl around me, I do have very good friends and Im so glad about it, but I dont think they can understand what Im going through so I feel its better to talk about it with ppl who feel as lonely as me, and of course its always better to express myself when its not face to face conversation.
I have friends and a wonderful family but my loneliness is related to the lack of a soul mate. Ive never been in a relation with anyone, guys were never interested in me, I wasnt worried about that in the past, but this has changed now. I would really like to experience things with another person, simple things like walking holding hands, or going to the movies or even just getting a message from someone who really cares...
Well, there's another thing in my life that makes me really sad, and that u may expect from a person that never had a bf or cant arouse interest in guys, Im 28 and Im still a virgin. With the standards of modern life, I just simply dont fit in. Anyway, I never mention the fact and even try to lie about it, but seems guys realize about it, maybe coz of my shyness, i dont really know.
I realize I have problems relating to men, plus Im shy, have low self steem and Im physically ugly. All these together have been a terrible combination in my life and I can see now that loneliness would be the problem I'll have to face my whole life... ANyway, it would be easier if I can talk to ppl who feel the same way. Talking about our problems is always good.
So, if theres anyone who would like to share their loneliness problems, Im a good listener too
Cheers

Welcome to the forums, this is a great place to just "let it all out". Being shy seems to be your biggest problem out of all you listed, I can relate because I can be incredibly shy too. I haven't been in a relationship in yyyeeeaaarrrsss and it's been really getting to me lately. Especially when I see all my friends who are/have been/or recently married with kids , all my friends have kids except for 2. You feel left behind, left out, and missing out. Then on the other hand I have a friend and cousin who are both going through a divorce right now, so then sometimes I feel lucky not to be in a relationship. :D There's always a bright side to any problem if you look for it. I hope you find what you are looking for on here, sounds like you will.

Hello, spectacles, and welcome to the forum! You wrote about things that are very familiar for me, too. For example, the lack of a soul mate and a relationship. I've had some experiences of relationships, but I guess a lot less than an "average person". When I see couples walking hand in hand I often look at them yearningly, wanting to be able to do the same, but I can't because I don't have a girlfriend. I also have some friends, but I find it difficult to talk to them about my feelings of loneliness . But it's a great thing that we have found this forum with like-minded people! :)

same here..spectacles
28, fat and single :(

spectacles said:
Hey everyone,
Im new here, glad to have found this site. I read some of the posts and felt so identified...
Im 28 year old girl, from Argentina but living temporarily in Ireland. I started feeling lonely a few years back and its getting worse with time.. I cant really talk about this with ppl around me, I do have very good friends and Im so glad about it, but I dont think they can understand what Im going through so I feel its better to talk about it with ppl who feel as lonely as me, and of course its always better to express myself when its not face to face conversation.
I have friends and a wonderful family but my loneliness is related to the lack of a soul mate. Ive never been in a relation with anyone, guys were never interested in me, I wasnt worried about that in the past, but this has changed now. I would really like to experience things with another person, simple things like walking holding hands, or going to the movies or even just getting a message from someone who really cares...
Well, there's another thing in my life that makes me really sad, and that u may expect from a person that never had a bf or cant arouse interest in guys, Im 28 and Im still a virgin. With the standards of modern life, I just simply dont fit in. Anyway, I never mention the fact and even try to lie about it, but seems guys realize about it, maybe coz of my shyness, i dont really know.
I realize I have problems relating to men, plus Im shy, have low self steem and Im physically ugly. All these together have been a terrible combination in my life and I can see now that loneliness would be the problem I'll have to face my whole life... ANyway, it would be easier if I can talk to ppl who feel the same way. Talking about our problems is always good.
So, if theres anyone who would like to share their loneliness problems, Im a good listener too
Cheers

Welcome to the forums ^^
I can relate to your problem since I'm 24, very shy and I have terrible low-self esteem and I have never been in a relationship either....but no one said it was gonna stay like this forever :D I think there's always a way out of bleak situations like being single for example. The time will come ^^ sometimes it's when you are not looking that you finally meet that special someone ^^

Latest posts

Back