Feeling lost

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshinemisa

Reaction score
Has anyone else ever felt lost in life? I had a project that I was really excited about (making bath bombs.... weriod? ) Anyways, I was looking forward to picking up my supplies today but the car isn't working, so I couldn't pick up the supplies. Now I just feel....lost, uninspired, blah.

This feeling of disappointment is like a big deal but in the big picture I know that it's not. I can't understand this feeling, it's not normal.

Any thoughts or advice?

... your hooby is kind of weird.

Except this little incident is there something else your disappointed with in your life ? I think there might be if even this caused you to feel this bad.
Take a few minutes to reflect and ask yourself this question, try to know yourself better, think of what is it that you're really missing in your life.

Anyway, I often felt kind of lost before, but becoming a christian helped me, it gave meaning to my life.

:)

This is a new hobby, as baking and cooking has gotten not so exciting as before.

Right now, I looking for work and some would say my disappointment right now is lack of work. But, before when I was working, I was a workaholic. I guess you can say I've gone to both extremes.

I was always the job, and I don't want that anymore, I would like a good balance between work and life. I really miss my dad, he would ramble on about things but, in the end he always guided me to what was really important in life. I guess since he passed away, I haven't really had anyone who I could talk to and trust.

I guess the short answer to what I'm really missing in life is direction. I'm at a crossroad and I don't know which way to go. If I take a baking industry job (which I like) I run the risk of re-injuring myself ( I just got better from sciatica) or take the safe route which is an office job (which, I'm good at) and not be happy. I know that my health is important since I just got better, but, being happy is important too.

?????????? :(

sunshinemisa said:
I was always the job, and I don't want that anymore, I would like a good balance between work and life. I really miss my dad, he would ramble on about things but, in the end he always guided me to what was really important in life. I guess since he passed away, I haven't really had anyone who I could talk to and trust.
*hug*

Hang in there, and keep striving for your vision of happiness. Your father would be so proud of you -- but would also want you to nurture yourself and do what makes you happy.

Finding equilibrium isn't always easy, but you can get there. Just don't give up.

Ox Blood said:
sunshinemisa said:
*hug*

Hang in there, and keep striving for your vision of happiness. Your father would be so proud of you -- but would also want you to nurture yourself and do what makes you happy.

Finding equilibrium isn't always easy, but you can get there. Just don't give up.

Thank you so very much for your kind words and of encouragement. It's just what I needed! Thank you !! Hugs right back at ya! :)

Sorry about your father. Your feeling sad and out, losing inspiration and such.

Do things that make you happy; unless it is really a hazard to your health, don't, but if it isn't go for it!

Do a little soul searching, spend some time doing quiet activities and think real hard about what you want.

Good luck. :)

sunshinemisa said:
, I haven't really had anyone who I could talk to and trust.
I feel you, I know it's easier said than done, but try to deepen the relationship you already have with your friends or, If you don't have them at all, try focusing on making new ones, everyone needs support, life will look brighter if it's burden is shared with someone else.

sunshinemisa said:
I guess the short answer to what I'm really missing in life is direction. I'm at a crossroad and I don't know which way to go. If I take a baking industry job (which I like) I run the risk of re-injuring myself ( I just got better from sciatica) or take the safe route which is an office job (which, I'm good at) and not be happy. I know that my health is important since I just got better, but, being happy is important too.

It is a difficult choice indeed.
But remember that no matter how satisfied you are with your job, if you're not healthy you won't be able to be truly happy.
If you don't really like the office work thoguh don't limit your choice to this two options, look around, ask around, and make a list of the jobs that you could do without straining yourself , I'm almost sure that there will be at least one that will permit you to enjoy it without bringing you physical damage.
I know that it' difficult to widen your perspective but sometimes it's necessary.

Be strong, and cheer up, let me send you a virtual hug, I wish you the best :)

As I already said, being a christian gave meaning to my life, you are currently feeling lost and you need a directive so, read the Gospel, it can truly help you.

Ak5 said:
Sorry about your father. Your feeling sad and out, losing inspiration and such.

Do things that make you happy; unless it is really a hazard to your health, don't, but if it isn't go for it!

Do a little soul searching, spend some time doing quiet activities and think real hard about what you want.

Good luck. :)

Thank you for your kind words. :)

HC22 said:
sunshinemisa said:
, I haven't really had anyone who I could talk to and trust.
I feel you, I know it's easier said than done, but try to deepen the relationship you already have with your friends or, If you don't have them at all, try focusing on making new ones, everyone needs support, life will look brighter if it's burden is shared with someone else.

sunshinemisa said:

It is a difficult choice indeed.
But remember that no matter how satisfied you are with your job, if you're not healthy you won't be able to be truly happy.
If you don't really like the office work thoguh don't limit your choice to this two options, look around, ask around, and make a list of the jobs that you could do without straining yourself , I'm almost sure that there will be at least one that will permit you to enjoy it without bringing you physical damage.
I know that it' difficult to widen your perspective but sometimes it's necessary.

Be strong, and cheer up, let me send you a virtual hug, I wish you the best :)

As I already said, being a christian gave meaning to my life, you are currently feeling lost and you need a directive so, read the Gospel, it can truly help you.

Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. I'm in a better frame of mind today after thinking and some soul searching. I turned on the stereo and cranked up the volume and danced while I was making meatloaf (don't try this as meatloaf was flying all over!) :)

I haven't found the answer yet but, I focused on all the positives in my life and that really helped.

Again thank you so much and here's a hug back at ya!

Latest posts

Back