Fixing ruined friendships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cormac_1998 said:
You guys I went to a support group today!

Oh, awesome! :D

I hope you feel a bit better, even if it's just from going to one meeting/group. Every little bit helps.

Thanks :D It went pretty well. I met some other gays that are my age. They are also going to look into helping me with my living situation but they said thats a long road because they have to make sure my parents would never take me back first and do a bunch of other things before I can start changing things like my school without their approval.

I actually have old friends who don't talk to me anymore and it saddens me a lot. They all live in my old hometown, we kinda grew apart and now they all do their own thing. Right now I actually haven't met any new friends cause I haven't honestly tried, I could try but half the people my age around my area all drink and I don't drink. My second option was to join support groups and I'm going to try joining them and hoping I'll meet some friends in there.

It saddens me that I'm an outcast and I made a few friends on here but that's about it. I always try to be helpful towards people that need help and express myself. I understand not everyone will like me however. Through out growing up I always had a hard time trying to find friends cause I have social anxiety and always afraid that people will judge me for being different than others. Over the years though I have became a stronger person and I'm satisfied with that. =)

cormac_1998 said:
Thanks :D It went pretty well. I met some other gays that are my age. They are also going to look into helping me with my living situation but they said thats a long road because they have to make sure my parents would never take me back first and do a bunch of other things before I can start changing things like my school without their approval.

Good luck. Life is what you make it, be happy with who you are.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
It saddens me that I'm an outcast and I made a few friends on here but that's about it. I always try to be helpful towards people that need help and express myself. I understand not everyone will like me however. Through out growing up I always had a hard time trying to find friends cause I have social anxiety and always afraid that people will judge me for being different than others. Over the years though I have became a stronger person and I'm satisfied with that. =)

Everyone's different. If anyone wants to look down on you or not talk to you because you have your own way of reacting, they probably aren't worth your time anyway.

Fortunately for OP that you're still very young. and from the looks of it, geared up and prepared to put fourth the effort necessary to make your life better.

It really sucks to hear your family is at odds with you. I have something like that going on with my family. We were already very estranged and abusive to each other when growing up. Nobody wants to go out of their way as of now.
I say that because I known other people in my life and it amazes me how they take their family relationship for granted. I would sell my left nut to have that kind of support system.

I could tell you 'time heals wounds' but there is little truth to it. Kudo's for starting afresh.

Latest posts

Back