forgiving her? and moving on with my life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badaboom

Reaction score
As I move on with my life, its nearly been 2 months since I have seen her or talked to her. But I noticed I have harbored negativity and hate towards her, the last letter to her when I broke up with her after I found out she was cheating was full of "I hate you's". I'm gonna admit I wasn't perfect in the relationship, I'm not putting any blame on myself I know I didn't deserve to be that hurt as to being cheated on upon numerously and lied to, but to move on with my life and to completely forget about her, is it okay if i write her a letter that I forgive her? Or is that being too nice? I'm very confused...

p.s I dont want to get back with her I just want to forgive her and just move on with my life. I don't want to hold grudges just move on with my life.

Hatred is a sickness. Forgive her; you'll feel better in the long run without the burden of hate weighing you down. This will shine through as you move on and try to find someone new.

Sure of course it's okay for you to forgive her.
If you think it will help you move forward and remove the hate and anger you have within you.

You're relizing..it's you that carries the hurt and anger. It's your thoughts and emotions.....not her's.
Forgiveness of someone else is not for the other person...it's for yourself.

It might help you to write a letter to her to release your hate and anger towards her

maybe try writing a "I fucken hate you ..ya fucken dirty fucken whore, eat honeysuckle and die fucken *****"...letter first.
A resentment letter...allow yourself to process your anger so you can release it.
For me personally my ex-gf...She just dosn't really give a fresia about me...I forgave her for many things many time.

You don't even have to mail the letter.

Releasing, letting go...

For me..I just worked on letting go and release.. Forgivness is not a requirement.
Let go and release
Let go and release

I feel so much better today.
I seldom think about her anymore. Even if i do think of her today..I don't feel that hate anymore.
Thoughts of her just gose through me. I lived with her for over 12 years...that's a lot of memories.
I don't think I'll ever be rid of her from my mind completely...

I write about her to share my experience

There's not a right way or a wrong way...which ever way you remove hate and anger from you.

yeah I think im gonna write a letter forgiving her but im not gonna mail it or anything because the hate is in me its my emotion like you said the anger is within me so once i do that it will be fine i guess. and why did your ex not give a f*** about you after you forgave her? i find that is how girls are..they cry and whine when you do something to them but when they do something to you they are totally oblivious to their own and act cold have no remorse.
Lonesome Crow said:
Sure of course it's okay for you to forgive her.
If you think it will help you move forward and remove the hate and anger you have within you.

You're relizing..it's you that carries the hurt and anger. It's your thoughts and emotions.....not her's.
Forgiveness of someone else is not for the other person...it's for yourself.

It might help you to write a letter to her to release your hate and anger towards her

maybe try writing a "I fucken hate you ..ya fucken dirty fucken whore, eat honeysuckle and die fucken *****"...letter first.
A resentment letter...allow yourself to process your anger so you can release it.
For me personally my ex-gf...She just dosn't really give a fresia about me...I forgave her for many things many time.

You don't even have to mail the letter.

Releasing, letting go...

For me..I just worked on letting go and release.. Forgivness is not a requirement.
Let go and release
Let go and release

I feel so much better today.
I seldom think about her anymore. Even if i do think of her today..I don't feel that hate anymore.
Thoughts of her just gose through me. I lived with her for over 12 years...that's a lot of memories.
I don't think I'll ever be rid of her from my mind completely...

I write about her to share my experience

There's not a right way or a wrong way...which ever way you remove hate and anger from you.

badaboom said:
yeah I think im gonna write a letter forgiving her but im not gonna mail it or anything because the hate is in me its my emotion like you said the anger is within me so once i do that it will be fine i guess. and why did your ex not give a f*** about you after you forgave her? i find that is how girls are..they cry and whine when you do something to them but when they do something to you they are totally oblivious to their own and act cold have no remorse.

Forgiveness didn't work for me..becuase my forgivness gave my EX-gf a free pass to everything
I became her doormate after a while...or that's how she went about it.
The relationship truned really toxic becuase i was trying to make it work but she took it as her
not having to be accountiable for anything. Well, becuase I would always forgive her.
I got really, really mentally and emotionally torn up in the process. It went on for years.
I couldnt let go of her.

I've basically been working on a recovery program call the sedona methode.
I listen to mp3 file...and it walks me through it.

It's very simple. It bascailly teaches me to let go.

First it tells me to hold on to an object.
Then it say to squeeze as hard as I can ( I will feel tension in my body)

Then it tells me to roll the object around in my hand.

Then it tells me to squeese the object...then release or drop
the object..( I will feel releave or release)

This helps me get a visual or understand how my brain works a little bit.
It also lets me see visually that I'm capiable of droping or letting go.

What this also dose is saperate my thoughts and emotions from me.
I'm not my thoughts or emotions...I experince thoughts and emotions.

Example:
In the past i would said..."I'm angery"

Now it's...." I feel angery"

Then it moves forward to releasing whatever problems or pains I have in my life.
It recommend that you write becuase there's more emotions attached to the writing.

Then I bascailly just visual my pains, anger or sorrows as I would an object.

The more I practice doing this...the more I'm able to live or become happy.
It's almost like a natural process..once you release pain, anger.
Happiness or peace comes.

The sedona methdoe also re-enforce over and over again that I'm whole already. I'm complete.
Thought it's not a spiritual program. No praying or mediations required.
It however has the same principles as any other spiritaul teachings.
Spiritaul teaching gets me to the piont of BEING WHOLE and COMPLETE ALREADY.
WHOLE is the same as saying ATONEMENT or TRINITY. No saperations from god ( UNCONDITIONAL LOVE)
To be whole means all healing in complete love.
Some people say peace and god is the samething.
It's that spirit or power that's avaliable to me ..within me.
It's the samething as saying "ask JC to come into my heart"
JC' teaching however say...the kingdom of heaven is inside of all of us...bascaily we're LOVE.
In religiouse teaching forgiveness is the same as letting go.

In the Course of Mirracles there's also excercizes about letting go of your anger.
You write this to release anger.

I feel angery at________________________becuase of___________________________.
It's okay to feel our anger. If we stuff our anger we'll get depressed

It also tells me to not try to figure it out....(Sedona)
Yeap that's the problem I was having also. I couldn't figure out why my ex-gf would act like that. I didn't makesence to me.
As soon as I try to figure it out...I get stressed then it retriggers my anger and hate again and again...becuase it couldn't
be resolved. If it was resolves, i didn't like my conclusion. It just became a visouse cycle of me reliving the hate and
anger over and over again. It was like a cycle of love and hate that went on in my mind. It bascailly drained all the
energy out of me...Which prevented me from moving forward or thinking about other girls or my career...etc

My sponsor was also trying to lead me in this direction. He knew I was struggling.
He suggested that I put it on the shelf...or back burner.
bascailly he was trying to get me to stop feeling my hate and anger ...I was only hurting myself.
He also listen to me....I needed to have someone listen to me without judgements or telling me if it was right or wrong.
I just need someone to listen...not to agree with me nor disagree with me...(it's the same when you go see a therapiest)
I needed that...becuase my ex-gf cutted me off everytime I wanted to talk about it.

It's kind of like if you were climaxing during sex or you can't climax and actaully cum or release.
It was like that with my thoughts and emotions.

Writing about also helped me.

There's different ways...In other healing program or self help books.
It gets into time lines... the way I percieve or process my life as in a time line.
It suggest that if I get an image of my EX-GF...(I don't know when they're going to pop into my mind..lol)
I trun the images black and white...(this way it trigger less emotions).
Then I visually push the images out away from me...making them smaller.
For me,...my past is on my left. My future is on my right.
Some people's past is behind them.

Anyway,...sometime when I get an image of my ex-gf, I turn it black and white (old and dull)..then I push
it way...way..way to the left of me or behind me..:)
This way I don't run with the memories of my ex...which triggers emtions..(good or bad.)
It's almost the samething as what my sponsor was trying to get me to do...."put it on the shelf and dont figure it out"

This vedio actaully helped me...before I got my sponsor or found the sedona program.
I went through a break up...then my other GF died and grand mother died within 6 months.
I was a mental and emotional wreck...
I watched this vedio every morning just so I could go into work and sort of function.

Forgiveness is not the same as forgetting.

Forgiveness does mean that you can move on with your life - having learned some valuable lessons. You bear the person no ill will or anger, and yet you will certainly not allow yourself to be put in that situation again.

Forgetting would mean pretending it never happened; you don't need to do this in order to forgive someone, and indeed, it is often better not to in an ex situation.

I definitely don't think you should tell her that you forgive her- I don't think she deserves that. Maybe in 5 or 10 years if you run into her again you could say that. Not now...

Is there anything to indicate that she even cares if you forgive her? Cheaters often have an outstanding ability to rationalize their actions. They quite frequently even try to blame the person that they betrayed.

While they might not like someone holding hard feelings towards them that is not the same as feeling that they have something to be forgiven for. Sometimes they do want forgiven but that seems to have more to do with what is currently going on with them then anything.

Do what you have to do for yourself, whether that is forgiveness or not.

Forgiveness is better for me.It is really tired to hold grudges against a person because for me when I hate the person,I keep thinking of the person.The more I think,the more angry I am.

Still,it is your choice to forgive or not.xD

If your forgiveness is genuine and you feel it's what is needed then why not? Even if she rejects it out spite you still did a good thing. I think everyone should make room for absolution and redemption in their heart.

Being cheated on is the worse feeling I have experienced in my life, so I know how you feel, my advice would be, if you can forgive her, do it, but ONLY if you really and truly forgive her, if you don't and still feel bitter than don't do it, don't lie on her and yourself both.

I am unsure what is SOOO creatable on me but I have been cheated by each and every girl I dated, all of them, am I stupid or really bad in bed I am unsure of, I would imagine no to both as most of my girlfriends with no fake modesty were less intelligent than me, but in the end, I would always end up cheated on and then come in the same situation you are in.

What I did is always forgive, even continue dating some of them while i never ever forgave and it would eating me alive, her thinking i am okay with it while I really am not, you may just make it worse, trust me friend, I've been there, if you did not forgave her, move on with your life now, ignoring her, until you can really say you forgave her, then you can tell her that or not, but don't lie to her, and more important don't lie to yourself because you won't be able to move on with your life.

Minus said:
Is there anything to indicate that she even cares if you forgive her? Cheaters often have an outstanding ability to rationalize their actions. They quite frequently even try to blame the person that they betrayed.

While they might not like someone holding hard feelings towards them that is not the same as feeling that they have something to be forgiven for. Sometimes they do want forgiven but that seems to have more to do with what is currently going on with them then anything.

This is so so very true, what I got was that they tried to make it not look as big of a deal and end up calling me a drama queen, girl actually told me, "it was just sex, I love you, it meant nothing, don't be such a baby" I mean WTF?? she even tried to make me feel bad about myself for not being happy she ******* cheated on me.. yes, i am sure she did not care less when i said it's okay, me feeling like a moron is all that happened.

aronaks said:
Being cheated on is the worse feeling I have experienced in my life, so I know how you feel, my advice would be, if you can forgive her, do it, but ONLY if you really and truly forgive her, if you don't and still feel bitter than don't do it, don't lie on her and yourself both.

I am unsure what is SOOO creatable on me but I have been cheated by each and every girl I dated, all of them, am I stupid or really bad in bed I am unsure of, I would imagine no to both as most of my girlfriends with no fake modesty were less intelligent than me, but in the end, I would always end up cheated on and then come in the same situation you are in.

What I did is always forgive, even continue dating some of them while i never ever forgave and it would eating me alive, her thinking i am okay with it while I really am not, you may just make it worse, trust me friend, I've been there, if you did not forgave her, move on with your life now, ignoring her, until you can really say you forgave her, then you can tell her that or not, but don't lie to her, and more important don't lie to yourself because you won't be able to move on with your life.

Minus said:

This is so so very true, what I got was that they tried to make it not look as big of a deal and end up calling me a drama queen, girl actually told me, "it was just sex, I love you, it meant nothing, don't be such a baby" I mean WTF?? she even tried to make me feel bad about myself for not being happy she ******* cheated on me.. yes, i am sure she did not care less when i said it's okay, me feeling like a moron is all that happened.

I'm not down playing that being cheated on can really fresia up a person
more ways than one. Yes...the cheaters usually blame their partners.
You got screwed more ways than one...

I can play the tape over and over again.
Try to make sense or try to solve it...
It's cluster fresia...
Time can help a person heal but time (just time withit itself) will not completely heal or resolve any of it.

What time dose is help you beat up on yourself some fucken more.
Then hopefully you'll wake up oneday and say ..."yeah..yeah fresia me, that was the past"

Ultimately..i have to get to the piont of saying...okay, ***** i know, the honeysuckle I feel inside of me
is my own fucken feelings. The fucken pain I feel are my fucken pains.
I know you'rre lying , cheating ass is not going to give a rats ass about me one way or the other.
if you did cared about me to begin with...you wouldn't had gone that far.
So...asking you to make honeysuckle right is evidently like asking for a fucken snowball in hell....

Evedently...any fucken moron can figure out that...if I didn't love you or was closed to you..it wouldn't hurt
so god **** much.
Hell...i see completely strangers everyday...they all can call me the fucken stupid ass son of a *****
and it would rolled right off my fucken back...simply becuase I wasn't closed to those people.

"you hurt the people that loves you the most"...wasn't a brand new concept or phase i heard in my life..errr ???

(when I wrote "you"...I'm referning to my EX)

It sucks ass..it really, really dose. But ultimately I had to heal, let go, forgive or whatever
the fresia it is I have to do to rid of the DIS-EASE inside of me.
It sucks ass..I sure as hell nevered wanted to deal with this type of bullshit in my life...as anyone
had ever been cheated on. Extra fucken optional of life on life's term to make it a little more challenging.

If it was as easy as just getting a fucken blood transfussion..I imagine millions of people would be standing
in line already.

Maybe an anti fucken virus software to clear all the fucken bullshit in my brain in a couple of hours..lmao
A fucken RESET..button or restored to fucken sanity condition...:p

Actually there is...It's call. " I HAVE A CHIOCE"
It dosn't happen overnight...but chosing to be happy inspite of the crazy ***** oneday at time,
a moment at a time...

Never the less...There's people in this world and life that gone through a lot worst crap than
I've gone through..As bad as my life's situations is/was...someone else has it worst than I do...

Whatever the hell it is...I have to tell myself or listen to ...to get beyound it.
Right, wrong, indifference, good moral, wrong fucken morals...whatever vaules or belief.

At the end of the day...I have to live with myself ..with or without a partner.
At the end of the day, I have to be able to rest my heart and mind to find sometype of peace so I can
close and eyes and get a good night sleep.

At the begining of the day, I have to be able to move foreward somehow.

Life gets shorter and shorter everyday for me...I know that.

That if i want love and another realtionship again,...
and not carry the fucken dis-ease into the next relationship.

Latest posts

Back