Game about suicide and depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limlim

Reaction score
I recently read an article at RPS about an indi game someone made using basic RPG maker tools called "Actual Sunlight" which is a bit on the controversial side as the video game is somewhat on the horrifying side. But more importantly I think it gives a little food for thought on the sort of thoughts a person with depression goes through and how they can otherwise appear to be a normal individual on the outside.

I strongly encourage everyone who can stomach it (It definitely isn't for everyone) To give it a go. In my mind it's one of the best put to words method of describing the issue I've seen.

Once again though, I warn you not to play this if the subject matter offends or disturbs you.
http://www.actualsunlight.com/downloads/

"You dont have depression, you are just in self woe. People who commit suicide are weak and selfish, they just cant handle their ego"

The above is an example of the kind of reply you reply to other people, being replied to you. You are a psychopath and coward, and would never say to anyone's face the darkness you say on a forum.

This will be viewed as some sort of "two sides" of two people arguing, but in reality its just me pointing out your psychopathic darkness & evil you commit toward others, which of course is only on a board, not ever in person.,

the things you say to others are literally acts of war, let alone just inaccurate and bizarre assaults.

Psychopaths don't feel anything when they see other people suffering. While I on the other hand become quite aroused when you are unhappy. Clearly this shouldn't apply to me. In fact I'll go out on a limb here and say that calling me a psychopath and a coward is an insult to the noble psychopath and coward community.

What about the term sadist? Does that work?

tone303 said:
You are a psychopath and coward...

We don't need the name calling.

Looks like an interesting game.

In the same vein, I recently played a game that was made using Adventure Game Studio called "The Cat Lady". It's about a 40 year old lonely, suicidal woman named Susan Ashworth. The game depicts feelings of depression, misery, worthlessness and mistrust. It's also a horror game, so when it's not sad, it's creepy. I didn't get far in it - it can be triggering.

I recently started messing around with Adventure Game Studio and Ren'Py, and I bought RPG Maker in this week's Humble Bundle. I'd really like to make a game like Actual Sunlight someday.

Anyway, sorry for my on topic post when the off topic stuff from earlier was so entertaining :)

tone303 said:
The above is an example of the kind of reply you reply to other people, being replied to you. You are a psychopath and coward, and would never say to anyone's face the darkness you say on a forum.

Gosh, all this time I thought he was a honeysuckle disturber with no filter- thank you for the clarification tone.....

I have a filter! It's just.... a low pass filter is all. An inductor and a resistor in series. No capacators in sight!

You have to pay for it:( And I was getting all excited:(
Not that I´m a curmudgeon, but I dont have any online account with money. I dont have these kinds of things:(

Ah yeah it used to be free, I think he started charging money. It's not really worth paying for,.

Latest posts

Back