Give me a good reason not to commit suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please people do not mention my age. Teen angst all that honeysuckle, give me a little more credit than that. I'm not an idiot. The reason I still want to kill myself is cos I've thought about every reason why I shouldn't & there is none. I don't have to worry about my parents, I don't have to worry about friends. Plus there's so much other things that I can't even put on here or it would take up too much space. Trust me its more. I've tried drugs, both prescription & illegal(unfortunately)they make me feel like honeysuckle. I've tried everything. Its just eating me up inside. I can't help it. I've tried doing what other people tell me too, just forget about people, let them fresia off. But no matter how much I try to numb myself & stop caring about people I can't. Even if someone does the worst thing ever to me, I can't hate them, I still love them with all my heart(I'm not talking romantic). I just don't know anything anymore. Some people can cope, I can't no matter how much I try. I can either change or the world will eat me alive. I can't change, cos then it just feels like I'm destroying myself.
I dunno what to do.

No seriously, when you are a teenager, you ARE an idiot. I think most folks here can speak from experience. Nothing says you have to worry about those things while you are alive too.

Unacceptance said:
No seriously, when you are a teenager, you ARE an idiot. I think most folks here can speak from experience. Nothing says you have to worry about those things while you are alive too.

Teenager? I feel like that now. But yeah, that feeling of being lost and disconnected from the world, where all the rules seem unfathomable is a part of growing up. All I'll say is that not wanting to change because you feel you would be destroying yourself isn't healthy. You are changing all of the time yet you will never be without previous experiences or beliefs. That part of you will still govern your perceptions of the world.

It is good to change the person you are. Giving up on world views that lead to depression is not giving up on yourself in the way that suicide is. Some of the things you think of as your identity arn't. Don't be the rock trying to stay the same while the wind and waters wear you away. Be the storm.

But my views on the world are that the world was beautiful & that I loved the world & everyone on it. I feel depressed cos people seem to hate me or not even notice me at all. I long for the connection with the world & I fear the way people are nowadays I'll never be able to accomplish that.

Arnaert said:
But my views on the world are that the world was beautiful & that I loved the world & everyone on it.

Then you are already a step closer than I was not so long back to a healthy outlook on life. Many people, probably including people reading your posts at the moment, have in the past reacted to their frustrations by hating the world, or feeling that there was nothing for them to like about it even if they did connect with people. I can understand that loving the world but feeling left out of it must be especially frustrating though.

Arnaert said:
I feel depressed cos people seem to hate me or not even notice me at all. I long for the connection with the world & I fear the way people are nowadays I'll never be able to accomplish that.

I'd be interested to know why you feel people dislike or ignore you. But people are drawn to things they find familar about others. I get left out of conversations at work because I'm not interested in football (soccer, for American readers), discussions about which are our national obsession. It used to annoy me. Even depress me a little.

I don't believe people hate you, but they may not understand you. Those who do hate someone they don't understand are not worth connecting with, unless it's Unacceptance's way of connecting involving a samurai sword or an uzi.

What level of connection with the world are you looking for. Is this a feeling of loneliness deep inside that is unsatisfiable no matter what happens? Or is there a specific type of relationship you don't think you can find?

Your feelings and thoughts are valid...some people are shitty.
The world is about as messed up as it ever was since man set foot prints on this earth.
But not all...not all people are shitty.

Yeap...hate turns inward...you're not wrong for not wanting to hate.
That's a healthy thing to have.

You're not an idiot...you're learning. Teenage years are difficult for everyone.
Peer presurre...wanting to fit in. Our body evolving.
One of the most difficult stage in my life.
I wouldn't want to relive my teenage years again.
We're expanding beyound our family or neighborhood...it's scary.
I've notice alot of people in their 20's feels old....It's probably due to being worn out from teenage years.
I used to feel that way too in my early 20s.

I felt sort of the same as you do now when I was in my teens.
Yeap...I numbed out on drugs, alcohol...I saw a couple shrinks too.

I'm twice your age....I act childish now.
I exprinced the things I've listed on my eariler post...
will...I didn't get pregnant..But I held my duaghter the day she was borned.
I played in a rock band like I wanted to do...
There other dreams I want to accomplish before i die.

Or I'll die trying....

The different for you today is...you're able to net work and have access to people and
informations beyound you imediate surroundings...

Maybe it might be a double edge sword...

When i was a kid...no internet and the libuary had limited books.

I agree a lot with what's been said - if you keep living you have a chance to live a better life. It may not be tomorrow, or next month, or next year, but you have a chance. But if you're dead, there's no going back from that, it's game over.

You seem to care a lot about people. That's great. We need more caring people in the world and it would suck if we had one less. The world's a big place, I think that a lot of people can understand what you're going through or at least some of it, sometimes it's just a matter of trying to find the right people. Please stay strong and don't give up!

- Because you haven't succeeded at anything/everything
- Because you haven't seen everything yet (or anything)
- Because there's still so much to do
- Because there's still so much to accomplish
- Because you're still circling at the same spot
- Because people (will) still hate you

and so on.

I'm not against suiciding, but I think if I were to leave, I'll leave once only when I'm completely satisfied, that is if I still wanted to leave once I get there.

Arnaert said:
But my views on the world are that the world was beautiful & that I loved the world & everyone on it. I feel depressed cos people seem to hate me or not even notice me at all. I long for the connection with the world & I fear the way people are nowadays I'll never be able to accomplish that.

Ah, well there is the problem. The world is not beautiful, at least not man's world. It's a filthy rotten place full of child molestation and suicide bombers. You should consider yourself lucky that you can disconnect and be thankful you aren't noticed by the vicious savages who claim to be humane and civilized.

Unacceptance said:
Ah, well there is the problem. The world is not beautiful, at least not man's world. It's a filthy rotten place full of child molestation and suicide bombers. You should consider yourself lucky that you can disconnect and be thankful you aren't noticed by the vicious savages who claim to be humane and civilized.

That would have been my view not so very long ago. But the world is an amazing place, and that people defy all of the hatred and selfishness and strive for a better world is even more amazing. But I don't feel I have anything to contribute, and in the past that has made me miserable. Now, I realise that I would be miserable anyway, it's something in me I have to fight, and most of the time suicide seems a lot easier than trying to make that change.

There are no end of reasons not to commit suicide, and no end of reasons to commit suicide. But in the past I've set my heart on it as a simple solution to problems in me that would require a lot of effort and more pain to solve any other way. Once I'd set my heart on it, I didn't really want a solution if it involved tearing myself psychologically apart to analyse the parts. Suicide seems easier, and has a predictable outcome. Learning to accept that we must change to feel better in a world that will get along fine without us carries no guarantees. But it's got to be worth a shot.

Nyktimos said:
Unacceptance said:

That would have been my view not so very long ago. But the world is an amazing place, and that people defy all of the hatred and selfishness and strive for a better world is even more amazing. But I don't feel I have anything to contribute, and in the past that has made me miserable. Now, I realise that I would be miserable anyway, it's something in me I have to fight, and most of the time suicide seems a lot easier than trying to make that change.

There are no end of reasons not to commit suicide, and no end of reasons to commit suicide. But in the past I've set my heart on it as a simple solution to problems in me that would require a lot of effort and more pain to solve any other way. Once I'd set my heart on it, I didn't really want a solution if it involved tearing myself psychologically apart to analyse the parts. Suicide seems easier, and has a predictable outcome. Learning to accept that we must change to feel better in a world that will get along fine without us carries no guarantees. But it's got to be worth a shot.

What would be a better world that's not a fantasy? You can't make man stop acting like man. Accept it, do what you can to not be like that which you despise, and keep chugging along. Killing yourself is an option since you are going to die anyway, but it's not really the most practical solution nor does it accomplish anything aside from making a bunch of scumbags who hate you happy.

If you haven't gotten laid yet (and this goes for everyone who hasn't) than there's no reason you should be contemplating suicide.

Do some *******, and then we'll talk.

bookbinder said:
If you haven't gotten laid yet (and this goes for everyone who hasn't) than there's no reason you should be contemplating suicide.

I love your avatar!

There's something to be said for that. But then, relationships come with other problems. If there is something inside you that's not fulfilled then your solution has to come from inside, not from the outside world. Hanging all hope on life being better after a certain event, including a satisfying rogering, will probably only lead to disappointment. Though screwing can take your mind of things, which is probably why so many people can't control their mating instincts.

bookbinder said:

If something goes terribly wrong during the *******, it will be an uh-oh situation n the suicide.

Maybe go the George Carlin recommendation route, do some self mutilation first.

bookbinder said:

No relationships.

Just plain old harcord ******* like there's no tommorrow. fresia your brains out anywhere and everywhere.
fresia on the bed, under the bed. On the floor, in the kicken, in the tub, on the dinning room table, in the
kiddie's room, in the car , on top of the car, on the washing machine, on the kicten floor, in an elevator,
on the side of the freeway, on the drive way, in the garage, in church, in the forest, on the beach, in the office
The list gose on and on where I've messed.....
People can judge me all they want...I ******* LIVED :p
honeysuckle I messed while GC was on fucken replay too..so fucken what.
A god **** sherriff shine his lights on me when I was ******* my GF...so fucken what..I was ******* my GF like she wanted to be messed.
I didn't get a ticket.

fresia your brains out...then we'll talk.

I'm not gonna do any *******. I'm asexual therefore the ******* would be kinda pointless & would make me feel worse probably.
All your talking about ******* when I'm feeling so vulneable is starting to just make me feel worse.

go out and experience the WORLDDDDD go pet a dolphin or something. killing your self wont make you feel better, you wont know if you'll be capable of such thought when you're dead , but im sure satisfaction can be gained in this exsistence . you just gotta give yourself the chance to find it

Arnaert said:
I'm not gonna do any *******. I'm asexual therefore the ******* would be kinda pointless & would make me feel worse probably.
All your talking about ******* when I'm feeling so vulneable is starting to just make me feel worse.

Could be hormonal.

Well at least you're responding so you haven't killed yourself yet.

So what arguments do you have for killing yourself vs not killing yourself?

bookbinder said:

I haven't gotten laid yet but i read so much about it, it's as though i might as well have.. there's nothing special about it...- same with relationships actually..

Unacceptance said:
Could be hormonal.

i don't think this is a proper kind of thing to take interest in..

also, judging from your posts, it sounds like you perceive the world in a pretty terrible light. I suggest getting out a bit more so you see it isn't so bad. Don't let the media distort your reality.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
Could be hormonal.

i don't think this is a proper kind of thing to take interest in..

also, judging from your posts, it sounds like you perceive the world in a pretty terrible light. I suggest getting out a bit more so you see it isn't so bad. Don't let the media distort your reality.

1. Define proper.
2. Why is it not the proper thing to take interest in?
3. I perceive reality, if it happens to suck that's not something I'm responsible for causing.
4. I get out, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back