Give me a good reason not to commit suicide

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFS sake the only fucken reality you speak of is from the fucken media
whether it's the TV, internet, Books...Then you simply painted your own conception
of what that is in your fucken head.

What's fucken real it the piece of honeysuckle you smell when you take a fucken dump.
What's so fucken proper about your honeysuckle ? . It's fucken ugly, it fucken stinks.
You accept your honeysuckle as part of life. The fucken honeysuckle your create and it's ok and proper.

What's also real is the fucken sunrise you see every fucken morning...if you chose
to step outside and smell the roses. Step outside of your stinking honeysuckle.

You have a chioce. Your perception of the world..is just that. Your perception of the world.
The world never centered around you..it never did. Get it straight.
Your sarcasism is just your low-self esteem ******* with ya.
You fucken know that already...You seek attention from it , to make you feel O fucken K and proper.
Your survival skills...It's simple ACOA 101 character traits and behavior.

Unacceptance said:
ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
Could be hormonal.

Well at least you're responding so you haven't killed yourself yet.

So what arguments do you have for killing yourself vs not killing yourself?

i don't think this is a proper kind of thing to take interest in..

also, judging from your posts, it sounds like you perceive the world in a pretty terrible light. I suggest getting out a bit more so you see it isn't so bad. Don't let the media distort your reality.

1. Define proper.
2. Why is it not the proper thing to take interest in?
3. I perceive reality, if it happens to suck that's not something I'm responsible for causing.
4. I get out, unfortunately.

If you haven't already, take at look at this site: www.succeedsocially.com.
It's the resource i used to get myself up to par with everyone else when i was a clueless loser not that long ago. At that point i was almost ready to give up but luckily i came across it one day when browsing google.

This is in fact the reality: you perceive the world only virtue of your social position in the sphere of things. If you see everyone else easily making friends for instance and you already feel inadequate in that regard, you'll start to feel even more inadequate.
When you're comfortable with where you are in life, you notice that things that used to bother you not that long ago start to lose their effect. You don't notice them as much anymore and they're easier to pass by. On a different note, you might perhaps understand the true nature of what the mass media (since i already mentioned it) in fact is. If you're already feeling hampered socially and have been for a long time, then constantly tuning into television, radio, the internet, etc will only exacerbate your negativity about the world and life in general. Because the media, via its nature, is constructed primarily as a gargantuan mecca for generating profit, it has the critical tendency to only report on what is wrong in the world.
How often have you heard (or seen), a positive news report about something? Not that often, right. Because solely presenting the negative gathers a larger audience and therefore generates more profit as ratings start to pile up.

What I'm trying to say is, the current level of your satisfaction in life can be positively or negatively influenced by external factors. If you're happy for the most part, then a news report about how there's been another shooting at a high school or how more soldiers have been killed in Afganistan or how several extremists blew themselves up in a supermarket, won't have the same effect as it would have if you have been mostly unhappy. In that case it would only increase bitterness as it would function to reaffirm your already negative opinion on life.

Every single person on the planet is responsible for their own relative satisfaction with their respective state of affairs. (unless of course their circumstances are so oppresive that they make even basic existence agonizing. But that's not worth mentioning).

Well, not to speak for Unacceptance, but his line of work (911 operator) certainly exposes him to the ugly side of society. I'm in a related field so to speak, and I have to say I've encountered some things that have definitely made me more cynical than I used to be. I've seen situations that piss me off beyond reason when I think about them later.

People endangering others by driving drunk and acting like they're the victim. Then sometimes they end up killing people, but have the audacity to survive the accident themselves. You ain't the victim, bud. You deserve every ticket, every day of jailtime you get and more. And then my OWN FATHER goes and does it! And my step mother has the gall to say the police were in the wrong to pull him over, and that I should personally tell them off for doing so. It was a sickening event.

Then there's worthless teenagers setting fire to a barn and doing everything but admitting to it when the police talk to them. They were spotted nearby at the time of the fire. I saw the shoeprints myself; they matched. But what's going on a few blocks away, a few weeks later? A tweaker cooking meth in the same house as their wife and little children, heaped on top of the effect it has on the neighborhood as a whole. Handcuff 'em and leave 'em in the snow for three hours, I say. They can stay there till they freeze to death for all I care. Maybe it'd send a message: Trash not Tolerated. The punishment is death.

I could go on about the various sources of rottenness that exist. Originally it was part of this post, but truthfully that would be a whole thread all in it's own.

Bottom line is, for every good deed done in the world, there's at least one wicked act to counter it.

So I suppose from all this, we have another reason to not commit suicide, if we want to pull one from it: When someone with a good heart leaves the world, that's a victory for those who would do wrong by others. Through living, if you strive to do positive things and help where it's needed, you can do your share to make things a bit better. You're not expected to change everything by yourself...but if it's what you want to do, there are myriad opportunities to try. To the world you might only be one person. But to one person, you could be the world.

kep pee ya fucken AHHh...A fucken ass hole with a fucken job
Cops and CO gose home and beat their fucken wives and kids all the fucken time..

Lonesome Crow said:
Cops and CO gose home and beat their fucken wives and kids all the fucken time..

That was actually part of my original post. I have it copied and saved possibly for a later discussion or maybe development as an essay...but I felt it sort of out of place for this thread, which is ultimately about Arnaert.

But don't go thinking I'm calling public workers free of guilt. Firefighters and EMTs also disgust me on a weekly basis. And that's inexcusable.

But yeah. There are no heroes, basically. Only people with different jobs, and don't let crappy movies (I'm looking at -you-, Ladder 49) tell you otherwise.

Brian said:
Lonesome Crow said:

That was actually part of my original post. I have it copied and saved possibly for a later discussion or maybe development as an essay...but I felt it sort of out of place for this thread, which is ultimately about Arnaert.

But don't go thinking I'm calling public workers free of guilt. Firefighters and EMTs also disgust me on a weekly basis. And that's inexcusable.

But yeah. There are no heroes, basically. Only people with different jobs, and don't let crappy movies (I'm looking at -you-, Ladder 49) tell you otherwise.

yeah...such as my freaken ex-gf was a social worker.
Her job was to remove children from an abusive enviorment.
It was ugly..It was pure insanity.
The honeysuckle the she had to witness..turamatized the messed out of her.
She would come home and just cry sometimes...
She tried to save the children...She tried to save children.
She also couldn't wrap her fucken head around why our children
had to died and other people didn't give a fresia about thier's.

She found out first hand...She became a fucken alcoholic, gambling
pill pop'in, pshyco *****. She was an abusive violent, inconsiderate
fucken drunk.
She try to manage that honeysuckle..just like all fucken will fucken educate
people do.Giving me the third **** degree while she was at it.lol

My sponsor looks like a fucken ghost sometimes....
He's a MD. Doing surgery all fucken day...dealing with life and death all day.
The fucken blood, gore and heart ache of it all.

But he chose not to be a gardenia about it when copping or processing
all the fucken turama...There's living skills, copping tools.

There's treament centers, counseling, mental health service
for public workers. There's treament centers for everyone else
too.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
Could be hormonal.

also, judging from your posts, it sounds like you perceive the world in a pretty terrible light. I suggest getting out a bit more so you see it isn't so bad. Don't let the media distort your reality.

1. Define proper.
3. I perceive reality, if it happens to suck that's not something I'm responsible for causing.

It's the resource i used to get myself up to par with everyone else when i was a clueless loser not that long ago. At that point i was almost ready to give up but luckily i came across it one day when browsing google.

This is in fact the reality: you perceive the world only virtue of your social position in the sphere of things. If you see everyone else easily making friends for instance and you already feel inadequate in that regard, you'll start to feel even more inadequate.
When you're comfortable with where you are in life, you notice that things that used to bother you not that long ago start to lose their effect. You don't notice them as much anymore and they're easier to pass by. On a different note, you might perhaps understand the true nature of what the mass media (since i already mentioned it) in fact is. If you're already feeling hampered socially and have been for a long time, then constantly tuning into television, radio, the internet, etc will only exacerbate your negativity about the world and life in general. Because the media, via its nature, is constructed primarily as a gargantuan mecca for generating profit, it has the critical tendency to only report on what is wrong in the world.
How often have you heard (or seen), a positive news report about something? Not that often, right. Because solely presenting the negative gathers a larger audience and therefore generates more profit as ratings start to pile up.

What I'm trying to say is, the current level of your satisfaction in life can be positively or negatively influenced by external factors. If you're happy for the most part, then a news report about how there's been another shooting at a high school or how more soldiers have been killed in Afganistan or how several extremists blew themselves up in a supermarket, won't have the same effect as it would have if you have been mostly unhappy. In that case it would only increase bitterness as it would function to reaffirm your already negative opinion on life.

Every single person on the planet is responsible for their own relative satisfaction with their respective state of affairs. (unless of course their circumstances are so oppresive that they make even basic existence agonizing. But that's not worth mentioning).

Where did you get all these random assumptions about me?

I haven't watched television regularly in something like 5 years and haven't tuned into the radio for even longer. I have no clue where this whole mass media tangent came from.

What was defined as a clueless loser?

Also perception doesn't necessarily equal reality. For example the whole people living in agonizing conditions not worth mentioning, that only happens to be a majority of the planet. Yeah let's not mention them, let's not talk about them. Lie to yourself. "reality."

Also what says I'm not content with my life? It's the planet I have a problem with. People's ignorant bullshit. What self help match book did all this nonsense come from?

Stop making unfounded assumptions about me and giving nonsensical advice that doesn't apply. Focus on the point of this thread, helping Arneart.

Unacceptance said:
ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
ExtensivexLDL said:
Unacceptance said:
Could be hormonal.

1. Define proper.

Unacceptance said:
Where did you get all these random assumptions about me?

I haven't watched television regularly in something like 5 years and haven't tuned into the radio for even longer. I have no clue where this whole mass media tangent came from.

I just wished to make a general point. Skip it if you didn't get it.

Unacceptance said:
What was defined as a clueless loser?

Who was-I was. I defined myself that way. I hope you didn't think i was equivocating you with one by suggesting you check out the website for your own benefit.

Unacceptance said:
Also perception doesn't necessarily equal reality. For example the whole people living in agonizing conditions not worth mentioning, that only happens to be a majority of the planet. Yeah let's not mention them, let's not talk about them. Lie to yourself. "reality."

My point was that every person is responsible for and is able to exact a certain degree of influence over the state of their own happiness EXCEPT... MAYBE.. under really oppressive situations like in some developing countries or at least those ones which operate under unfair political agendas.. Again, following my general point.

Also what says I'm not content with my life? It's the planet I have a problem with. People's ignorant bullshit. What self help match book did all this nonsense come from?

It's not nonsense, trust me (or a self help match book either). And i wasn't assuming that you're not content with your life. Once again- general point.

Unacceptance said:
Stop making unfounded assumptions about me and giving nonsensical advice that doesn't apply

whatever then

Unacceptance said:
Focus on the point of this thread, helping Arneart.

I think maybe that's been accomplished.

Unacceptable...
Please answer this simple question.
It's a simple straight forward question.

Please give a list of places you traveled to and lived in...On this planet or world.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way Arnaert. I used to feel like you do and now I have some happiness. I still have my days, but I'm not in that place I used to be. I had so much crap going on in my life and it made me feel like my existence was worthless. How could it not be? When nothing had changed and everything seemed pointless. I experienced the loss of my father, the disintegration of my relationship, the division of my family and illness from the stress of it all. I had no one to talk too, didn't think anyone would understand and spiraled downward. I totally gave up on myself. I thought why should I continue living when nobody seems to give a ****. In that mind set you don't think about the lives of those that will suffer from losing you. You being gone doesn't make it better, it just perpetuates more hurt. My issues were different from yours, but pain is still pain and it doesn't discriminate. Everybody wants acceptance, friends, love and someone to care. If you need a friend, I'll be your friend!

Things DO change, but you have to stick around long enough to see it through. You can't just give up, even though at your lowest point it seems like the most logical solution. You can't think rationally, when you're not rational...that's what depression will do to you. It robs you of the truth, magnifies your pain and all you can see is how life isn't worth living. Don't believe the Lie or you'll never find out that things can be different. You're stronger than you think you are. Believe me, it gets better and surely you don't want to miss out on what your life could be.

Arnaert, are you able to describe what it is about the world you feel detached or excluded from? Is there something in the way people express themselves you don't feel able to compete with? You always seem level headed and practical, and the world in all it's colourful glory is often driven by want and triviality. I love the world for that, but don't feel I can compete at that level a lot of the time. As though I'm not invited to the party, or I just know I wouldn't enjoy it.

Im kinda suicidal too I used to feel so lonely it ached, I met my parents when I was 8th and they were abusive so I resented living whit them, i was never picked to play whit other kids at school, I was pretty small and babiyish looking in a good way but that made it hard for people to take me seriously, so I used to respond whit violence, I used to feel so mad when people Though they could intimidate me because of my sweet appearance, I used to play Russian roulette whit myself
It was a crazy high, one day, I looked in the mirror and thought, I'm so fuking good looking, imagine what type of man I'll turn out to be, i hate this fkn world it's been sad but i would first fulfill my ambitions before I ended, one of them is to have a deep relationship whit someone, Like in all those love books I've read, u know, sounds corney but I woul like that ^ ^ that connection , like rose and jack, Romeo and Juliet, boni and Clyde I'm working on it right now, so I decided
after I fulfill my ambitions I'll be like FuK You World u can't fire me I quit, BANG!! Shot gun to
the oblanga, don't kill yourself yet, I'll be ur friend and if you hold on maybe you can be part of my sucide pact group, love yourself first ^ ^ the world secound, I box it clears my mind, trie a sport go to the gym, work out, devote to bettering yourself, Ill help, when your body is beutiful you feel beutiful, email me if your fat/ skinny, I'll help you buil a workout schedule, gyms are cheep, I got extensive k owlage in exercise and combat, don't be shy, email me

Don't do it people, don't kill yourself.
If God allowed you to live there must be a reason.
Someone you don't even know yet might need you, there might be something that is waiting for you right behind a corner you haven't reached yet... everything can happen, one of these days you might wake up and while doing your buisness you might run into the chance of your life, something totally unexpected might happen and change your life drastically .
Something that will make these times become memories.
Some may say that it's impossible, but really, are you 100% sure that nothing good will happen ? you really can't know, realistically, you can't know, so WHY giving this chance up ?

Read the message Jesus wanted us to recieve, it really helped me become a better person :)
:D

PS :
Watch this video it might help you, it helped me ...

to answer him in the end of his speech ... it was to help his purpose, I mean, God makes thigns happen for a reason. :)

Because things will eventually get better. And not in that cheesy way, "the sun will shine and butterflies will lift you up." Things that really suck now will eventually pass.

But to be honest, there are some things that will will not. You can't change your family situation, you can't change how you were raised, you can't change the people around you who are total ********. You can only change how you perceive them. And that's honest, right from experience. I know because I felt this exact same way a few years ago. And to be honest, I feel this way every now and then, still. Like now. (I'm ******* up in school, I am lonely as hell, I've pushed away all of my friends and now they won't have me back, I look in the mirror and I hate myself but don't have enough motivation to change it. Blah, blah, blah.) I know that if I change the way that I am thinking, and really make an effort, things will change. People will still be ********, my parents will still treat me like an idiot, my social life will still leave something to be desired. But I will find joy in something. When something comes along that I agree with, my thinking will change and I will be glad that I exist to experience it.

The bottom line is, this may be your rock bottom. It might not be. But this is for sure a really low place to be. And it ******* sucks. I think that you want things to get better, otherwise, if you wanted to do it, you would have done it. Hard thing to hear. I had a counselor tell me that once, so I got up and threw the chair across the room and grabbed a pair of her scissors...and that's all I did. Because I wanted to live, I didn't want to die. I just wanted the pain and the honeysuckle to be over. I was hurting so much, I was suffering. I wanted out of the suffering, out of my mind, out of this being that was feeling so messed up. I wanted someone to just ******* listen to me, to just hear me out and just get it. Whatever it was, I didn't know exactly. I just wanted someone to acknowledge that I was real and what I was feeling was real. It really sucked. It was suffering at it's finest, the kind that is hard to get over because you make it real, you let it happen. You're so human. It's ok. Life is suffering. But it doesn't have to be that way. And it won't always be that way, unless you allow it to be. You have to acknowledge that. Otherwise, your life will always treat you like honeysuckle.

Give it some time. Take the time to rest. Let go of the people in your life who are toxic. Eat a lot of vegetables, fruits and grains. Drink a lot of water and take a minute to breathe. Find something outside of yourself to care about. I don't mean that in a "don't be selfish" way. I mean that honestly. You are suffering. It's a universal experience. At the very least, helping others out will help buy you some time and hopefully you will be able to experience the shift from perceived suffering to learning experience.

The choice is yours, but I hope you choose to let these things that are causing you pain to go. I believe that if you do allow yourself the chance to live, you might just be happy about it later on in life.

Because the world is crowded with abandoned cats (or other animals of your choice) that would be so happy if you gave them a place to live.

Awww Lonesome cowboy, I love what you wrote, even made ME feel better. So true.

Lili said:
Because the world is crowded with abandoned cats (or other animals of your choice) that would be so happy if you gave them a place to live.

I mean Lonesome Crow, sorry.

Awww Lonesome cowboy, I love what you wrote, even made ME feel better. So true.

I realize it may sound stupid but it's not really. It worked for me.
If you don't do it you still have a chance to change your mind later, if you do it you can't change your mind anymore. I always prefer to have some choice.

And one more: if you really feel it's so so bad it's the worst ever and you can't take it anymore? Well, then you've survived the worst as it can only get better now. You're not seriously going to give up when you managed to survive the worst.

I'm sure a lot of us lonely folks have had suicidal thoughts. I know I have,but I've never attempted, but from time to time, I think about it.
It would be a complete waste. Think of why you want to do it. Would it really be worth it? Think of everything you would throwing away and letting go. I've been on the lonely road for awhile now and I really don't expect it to ever change, but it could. Same for you.
Loneliness is a *****. It comes around and sometimes doesn't go away for awhile.

I've had a glimpse of the aftermath of suicide. I've talked to those who have lost someone in their life from suicide. I've taken care of people who have attempted to commit suicide multiple times but failed. Death is not pleasant, but it is much more horrific when done with your own hands. Granted, sometimes it takes death to get some people to open their eyes, change their ways, and not take others for granted, but it shouldn't be that way and we have to fight to find another way to keep people connected. This world has a lot of people suffering and in pain, but things could be different if we tried to make them different and for the better. This website and the internet is more valuable than what we give it credit for. There are so many helpful support forums out there that help people reach out to one another when in need, which can be quite difficult in person, because we are taught to hide our feelings. For anyone with suicidal intentions in mind, please stay and help me and let me help you.

Latest posts

Back