Greetings.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oniseke

Reaction score
A warm hello to all around. :)

I am still not absolutely sure what caused me to hit the register button and join this community forum. But, as far as feeling lonely goes, it is a feeling all too familiar to me since early schooling days.

A bit of a quick summary to shed light on myself. I am a 26-year-young guy from Australia. It is my third year out of university at a programming job, which has been an interesting ride so far. In a way, I am still looking for my purpose in life. My family has always been loving and supportive, but beyond them, I have never had any good friendships, or been shown love. And for that matter, never had a girlfriend, nor come into close contact with any girls. To circumvent negative feelings generated from the latter, I keep myself as busy as possible with hobbies. I enjoy digital illustration and training at the gym very much.

Over the years, I have become somewhat proficient at shutting the rest of the world out of my head, but not pushing them away at the same time. I feel like this is something I could fix. Normally, I would never consider ranting on about how I truly feel on something to others. But the anonymity offered here seems appealing just to let off some steam. Most who have witnessed firsthand the type of activities that occur on social networking sites will know what I mean. Often, they are just cesspools of complaints and whinging about trivial aspects of first world country life.

So, with all that said, I hope to find others who I can exchange thoughts with who are, or have been, in the same boat. \o/

Hey Oniseke, welcome to the forum. What inspired you to have this username? It almost sounds Japanese or something.

Also, hope you'll find like-minded people you can relate to and make friends with. Australia isn't far from me and I can say I've made a few good friends from this site.. across the globe.

Thanks for the welcome all. :)

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Oniseke, welcome to the forum. What inspired you to have this username? It almost sounds Japanese or something.

I've gone by many an alias in my lifetime so far, this is just another combination of letters that seem to roll off the tongue nicely That said, I can speak a handful of Japanese, it is very rusty though!

Hey Oniseke :)
Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too.
As you can see, my name is Jéssica. I'm from Portugal and I'm 19 :)
I know what you mean when you say you don't know yet why you're here... I'm here for a few days and I still don't know that too, lol xD the truth is I don't have properly social problems, but I think it's common to everyone to feel alone sometimes, in some circunstances... well, don't know, but I'm still here, welcoming you, lol xD
Feel free to PM me if you want :)

Latest posts

Back