Guys, thinking about dating? Check this out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems interesting, i would like to read it.

kenny can you tell us some of the main points made in this book? as in give us a really summary of the points the writer makes... what in it was important to you?

I think there are nutso people in both genders. Believe me, I've met women that make me want to run FAR FAR away, and guys that do the same.

There are some screwed up people out there.

Yeah, human nature does not discriminate. I work in a mostly male environment, and men can be classified into similar categories, I am sure. Dealing with people is a PITA.

Jales,

The reason the author decided to draw attention to how 'some' women victimize men is because there is no shortage of resources for men who abuse women. However society doesn't even allow for the possibility that men (or women) can be victims OF women. Let alone does it provide much support or help to those who have suffered greatly at the hands of malicious women. BECAUSE ACCOUNTS SUCH AS THESE GO AGAINST SOCIETY'S TEMPLATE THAT WOMEN ARE ALWAYS THE VICTIM, AND NEVER THE PERPETRATOR.

This book is about the women you just wish you had NEVER met; the small number of women with NO conscience who target innocent men and women with TOO MUCH conscience.

These women see their victims as having a character flaw that is there to be exploited. The book explores the lying, cheating, conniving and manipulation of women with malicious intent. What are the everyday tricks of their tyrannical trade? How she claims to be the victim when she is the aggressor.

And how this makes it far more difficult for genuine victims of females to receive the help they need and deserve.

The case studies in this book of how men are abused physically, financially, psychologically and even sexually, are truly shocking.

Large numbers of men are stigmatised, ridiculed and disbelieved when they don't conform to society s male stereotype.

Hm, you bring up good points Kenny. o.o

My dad was one of those types of people that mistake having a conscience with weakness. I fear, every day, that I'll run into someone like him while trying to date and find a nice guy. :(

The alternative is being lonely and feeling like no one cares. =l both are bad.

I'd buy that book just because it's called That ***** :D But it does seem like an interesting read.

Zeek said:
The book is real good at describing the phenomena without offering any advice on handling people like that or offering any real solutions...

I don't agree.

99% of solving the problem is gaining the knowledge and insight to learn WHO you are DEALING WITH.

If you are still seeking a solution beyond realizing that you are in an cancerous relationship, it's a rather simple answer.

Walk away. Those two words sum up what you should do once you REALIZE that you are in bed with a psycho. WALK AWAY.

Wow I might buy this book just because it is one of so few that are out there about the negative side of relationships with women... then again it is written by a female... females know just as little about themselves if not less then males.

While I haven't been in a relationship for a couple years nor planning to enter into one anytime soon, I decided to order a copy out of curiosity. Should make for some interesting weekend reading.

Oh, for fresia's sake. You're recommending a book that calls women bitches? Nice. And original to boot. Women have been called bitches and every other name you can think of since time eternal. How about bending your mind and saying something unexpected, like women are our mothers, daughters, aunts, grandmas, siblings, friends, neighbors and co-workers and deserve men's and other women's respect? Or does that not fit in with your un-PC and tilted view of the world?
Now you're trying to paint men as being "victimized" by women? Sack up, pal. A real man would look within for the solution to their problems instead of calling women bitches.

Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Oh, for fresia's sake. You're recommending a book that calls women bitches? Nice. And original to boot. Women have been called bitches and every other name you can think of since time eternal. How about bending your mind and saying something unexpected, like women are our mothers, daughters, aunts, grandmas, siblings, friends, neighbors and co-workers and deserve men's and other women's respect? Or does that not fit in with your un-PC and tilted view of the world?
Now you're trying to paint men as being "victimized" by women? Sack up, pal. A real man would look within for the solution to their problems instead of calling women bitches.

Teresa

Nice.

SofiasMami said:

Teresa
Respect is earned not just given out for free. Just because a female is a female does not make her deserve respect. Just because she is a mother does not mean she is any less of a sociopath than that girl who is single. My mom did not really even want me. She said "Well if honeysuckle happens then honeysuckle happens". My mom basically left me to fend for myself. She funneled all our money into my sisters. Whenever they wanted a ride, they got one. Whenever my sisters wanted new cloths, they got them. Whenever my sisters wanted to spend all their giftmas or birthday money, they were allowed too. Yet I was not given any of those privileges. If I wanted to go somewhere, I had a bike. If I wanted a new shirt I had to justify buying it. If I received any kind of income, half of it went to my mom until I got my own savings account. I was only allowed to get a time locked account, so if I wanted anything I had to wait 6 months. Plus my mom would make sure I only took out half. Even when I was 22. I had my first job, I was making a living. I had my own place. I asked my mom to go over my taxes. When she went over them, she noticed I had nothing in my 401k. I thought I had set it up, however, thanks to an error on HRs part, it was not properly setup, and there was no money going into it. She called me, and accused me of lying to her about my 401k. Then lectured me about how wrong I was for doing it and how important it was. Then to add insult to injury she tacked on a VERY insincere "Well if you think there was a problem call HR" ~Click~. Tell me why does this female deserve my love or respect?

As a kid, I was beaten viciously by my older sister.

My mother abandoned me.

My stepmom watched my dad beat me.

My exwife neglected our daughter, took drugs, and drained our family's bank accounts before leaving.

Sorry for suggesting that women may victimize people.

Latest posts

Back