Have you ever felt that you weren't good enough for yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

African_weasel

Reaction score
Every time I go home after work, change clothes, I get this feeling that I could be more. After work, I feel like a empty shell of a person when I change into whatever I feel like in this case, a knit sweater and skinny jeans. I thought about leaning a new martial art, kung fu. Hopefully, to fill in the places that are empty. Personally, I like non-fire arm weaponry, makes me feel unique knowing I wouldn't need something that's really destructive. I also want to learn a style that incorporates take downs and joint manipulation like sambo. So what do you guys think?

I felt a loser when I was 18. Couldn't get a job, friends or a girlfriend.

Not now though !

All the time. I know I can do better. I'm just waiting for that moment I can finally get on my own feet.

Well African, basically a lot of people can relate to this feeling. It's just a matter of whether you can realise that it's just negative thinking talking. I don't believe anyone can actually be not good enough for themselves. We each get along in life at different pace and different ways.

Unless you are those type of people who would set a high standard for yourself and then not achieving it. I still think one shouldn't beat themselves up for this. If you fail, you learn and try again.

African_weasel said:
Every time I go home after work, change clothes, I get this feeling that I could be more. After work, I feel like a empty shell of a person when I change into whatever I feel like in this case, a knit sweater and skinny jeans. I thought about leaning a new martial art, kung fu. Hopefully, to fill in the places that are empty. Personally, I like non-fire arm weaponry, makes me feel unique knowing I wouldn't need something that's really destructive. I also want to learn a style that incorporates take downs and joint manipulation like sambo. So what do you guys think?

Anyone could be more than what they are now. It doesn't mean they're not good enough. It just is that way. It's a matter of whether we want to do more, or if we want to push ourselves to achieve more in life. If you're feeling empty and feeling like you could do more, that's probably you being tired of your life and the way it is now and yearning for some changes. And by the sounds of it that's what you're doing.

So, good luck. :)

Have felt that way many times. Most in my father's family are high achievers, whereas I really haven't lived up to the august example that was set.

As for martial arts, why not? Just be sure you're clear on your reasons before you start. For athletics or sport competition, the grappling styles are as good as any other. If you're going for self-defense, grappling should be a part of it but not the focus. Even UFC matches do not reflect the reality of streets, bars, nightclubs, etc.: The other guyvwill probably be armed, there may be more than one of them, & the guy may decide to rip your eyes out instead of tap. Good luck.

I like the jarring transition from not being good enough, to wearing a knit sweater, to learning martial arts.

It's almost like a Mitch Hedberg joke.

-Sai- said:
So, you guys just sit and wait for succes to come falling from the sky? Want another cup of tea?

If that was an attempt at being a smart ass, you've failed. Because until you've been in my place, don't assume you know anything about what's happened in my life.

VanillaCreme said:
-Sai- said:
So, you guys just sit and wait for succes to come falling from the sky? Want another cup of tea?

If that was an attempt at being a smart ass, you've failed. Because until you've been in my place, don't assume you know anything about what's happened in my life.

I don't need to know. I see alot of wallowing on this forum. You just have to believe that something different can happen. I'm not without problems either, but as hopeless as it might look from time to time, how impossible it might seem to change things, there is always a way.

Latest posts

Back