Have You Forgiven Yourself For The Wrong That You've Done In Life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recommended reading: 'Tomorrow, When the War Began' series, by John Marsden. Puts things in perspective.

I honestly don't understand the concept of forgiving. Once someone has truly dirted me I'm done with them. I'm talking the big things like making a move on your significant other or trashing you in a way that there is no way you can ever trust that person again. Seems to me that many of the people I know who forgave somebody ended up getting honeysuckle on again.

I'm haunted by my past. Nothing really bad has happened to me, but I just.... I think about all my little insignificant little screw ups, over and over and over.

PurpleDays said:
I'm haunted by my past. Nothing really bad has happened to me, but I just.... I think about all my little insignificant little screw ups, over and over and over.

dont do that. you screw up you learn. it will help you to not step again on the same spot. so... ;)

PurpleDays said:
I step in the same spot all the time... my bedroom is very small :O

mine even smaller. :shy:

I always do the same mistakes. but im convinced that arent mistakes and people just misunderstood me. dont know. i supose that im just plain stupid.

I always used to beat myself up about things i've done in life.

I should of done better in school.
I should of stook with my old job.
I should of kept up with music.
I should of moved away with the girl when i had the chance.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

I regret these choices in life now and then, but i had my reasons for each of them. You should never doubt yourself in life. If it comes back to hit you in the face, you learn from your mistakes and move on.

RyanEhf said:
Yes I can relate. I believe that the second most difficult test in life is self-control, and the most difficult is forgiving yourself when you've failed to exercise the former.

Amen to this x100 :(

LoneKiller said:
Que pasa?

Just like all of us, I have done some things in life that I regret. Those who I have crossed and hurt forgive me, but for the life of me I just can't forgive myself. Do you feel this way?

YES

To be honest I dont think I've ever done anything really "wrong". But then again I haven't done too many things right either

No, and I'm not about to, there's been too many situations that I could have managed better. Way better. Forgiving the whole of it will be some serious work when I find out how.

Latest posts

Back