Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workaloneuk

Reaction score
Hi folks. I just found this forum and needed to join to investigate it properly, so here I am.
I'm an older guy from the UK. As my screen name says, I work alone all day almost every day, and often see nobody to speak to for 24/48/72 hours at a stretch. I find it hard and the web is only scant company as I have no friends online, so often there's not really anyone to talk to at all.

Great to meet you all :)

Hello there workaloneuk! Welcome - and be careful, if you get browsing on here you might end up as 'gettingnoworkdoneatall'aloneuk! :D

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the forums, i hope you can find some company here.

Nice to meet you too.

Welcome to the forum. Can I ask if I get your "story" right, you are
saying you are working alone for quite long hours and have no one to talk
to. Does it mean apart from when you are stuck at work, you don't feel
lonely? You have got friends to be/talk with? I am not trying to be nit-picking
or anything I am just genuinely interested.

No, it doesn't mean that. I feel lonely most of the time. I live where I work and often see nobody for days unless I go to the shop for supplies or just for some communication with the outside world. I have one or two friends of sorts but none that I see a lot or feel really close to. I rarely speak on the phone to anyone.

workaloneuk said:
No, it doesn't mean that. I feel lonely most of the time. I live where I work and often see nobody for days unless I go to the shop for supplies or just for some communication with the outside world. I have one or two friends of sorts but none that I see a lot or feel really close to. I rarely speak on the phone to anyone.

Okay, thanks. That cleared it up for me. I was just really curious because my presumption after reading your post didn't really make sense.

Latest posts

Back