Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ1982

Reaction score
ill keep this brief as I've had one or two glasses of wine and I'm told I don't shut up when I've had a drink, which isn't a bad thing for me I think. I'm a 32 year old bloke from the Black Country in West Midlands UK. I very rarely get out the house and have literally no friends, I had anxiety from 11 years old that went undiagnosed until I was 19 by that time I'd made it a 1000 times worse. I find it very hard to connect with people or talk to them in person. So here I am trying to connect with people maybe find some friend who knows what it's like. I'm obsessed with superman got loads of tattoos from superman mythology on my arms love video games 80s music And science fiction.

Hi, AJ, and welcome to the forum. :)

I'm not really into Superman, but I love 80s music and scifi. :D There are a number of members who like these as well.
I hope you can find a little something here to help.

Hi AJ,welcome to the forum.i'm Gabriel,over in Staffordshire,.........,hi Neighbour!

EveWasFramed said:

I'm not really into Superman, but I love 80s music and scifi. :D There are a number of members who like these as well.

As long as you don't think batman could really beat superman in a fight or anything like that I'm cool with that lol. Awesome I literally have my iPod in one ear listening to some classic pet shop boys while watching Star Trek voyager at the same time right now lol. I always have to be doing a couple of things at the same time so my mind doesn't go off on one and think to much, or at least think too much about things that really only need a short thought.

gabriel20 said:
Hi AJ,welcome to the forum.i'm Gabriel,over in Staffordshire,.........,hi Neighbour!

Hey neighbour! :) how's it next door? As depressing as it is here? Lol

AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:

As long as you don't think batman could really beat superman in a fight or anything like that I'm cool with that lol. Awesome I literally have my iPod in one ear listening to some classic pet shop boys while watching Star Trek voyager at the same time right now lol. I always have to be doing a couple of things at the same time so my mind doesn't go off on one and think to much, or at least think too much about things that really only need a short thought.

LOL. :D I don't get into the Batman / Superman debate.
However, I can certainly listen to West End Girls, but not while watching Voyager (my second favorite Star Trek series). :p

Hi AJ,nope,it's fine over here. Anytime you want to chat,just holla!

EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:

However, I can certainly listen to West End Girls, but not while watching Voyager (my second favorite Star Trek series). :p

Second favourite?! Lol I know it's not every Trekkies cup of tea, but for me it's definitely the best. I really love the thought of being on a starship journeying 70000 lights home seeing things almost certainly no one else will and of course having a holo deck where I could recreate mass effect and play shepherd myself would really help kill the time in between duty shifts haha of course I'd have to change the ending there though. What's your fave then? Please not DSN HAHA

gabriel20 said:
Hi AJ,nope,it's fine over here. Anytime you want to chat,just holla!

Always up for a chat matey Or at least trying to lol kinda feel like I've lost a bit of myself I need to get back, I used to be very social even when sober but find it hard these days. Where about in staff are ya?

AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:

Second favourite?! Lol I know it's not every Trekkies cup of tea, but for me it's definitely the best. I really love the thought of being on a starship journeying 70000 lights home seeing things almost certainly no one else will and of course having a holo deck where I could recreate mass effect and play shepherd myself would really help kill the time in between duty shifts haha of course I'd have to change the ending there though. What's your fave then? Please not DSN HAHA

:D LOL...Next Gen is my fave.

All the Star Trek series are great,but for me it was the original Star Trek series,it's an age thing!

gabriel20 said:
All the Star Trek series are great,but for me it was the original Star Trek series,it's an age thing!

Not so! :D I'm 46 and I didn't care overly much for the original.
However, I <3 Trebbles. LOL

EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:

:D LOL...Next Gen is my fave.

Next gen is awesome it had some of my all time fave science fiction moments, nearly all of them time travel oriented. Really loved the episode where they got stuck in a time loop with the 3 thing and data working out river was right to vent the dock, only thing I hated was not seeing how the crew from the other ship went on into their new timeline, like how did they take it? What did they do? I love stuff like that. Although I hated the enterprise J thing from Enterprise that sucked, much like the show as a whole lol

gabriel20 said:

Maybe, I liked quite a few of the original movies but not so much the OS. And Enterpise and great should never be in the same sentence lol

EveWasFramed said:
lmao, I don't think I've ever seen an intro thread get two pages with just three posters. :p That's awesome.

It's really awesome for me, if I go into three sentences in real life I lose the words to speak lol

AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:
lmao, I don't think I've ever seen an intro thread get two pages with just three posters. :p That's awesome.

It's really awesome for me, if I go into three sentences in real life I lose the words to speak lol

I usually do that when I'm tired. Then I'm pretty much brain dead anyway.

EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:
EveWasFramed said:

I usually do that when I'm tired. Then I'm pretty much brain dead anyway.

Lol. I think it's just when I'm overly conscious of other people and more importantly what those other people think of me, My mind puts up walls as a defence, which in some cases is very much justified and keeps idiots at a distance. (I speak for myself on this part, I'm not in anyway trying to uniform myself with everyone else as I i firmly believe that's not only ignorant but very stupid) but at the same time is in overdrive and keeps people that are good for us away too.

AJ1982 said:
Lol. I think it's just when I'm overly conscious of other people and more importantly what those other people think of me, My mind puts up walls as a defence, which in some cases is very much justified and keeps idiots at a distance. (I speak for myself on this part, I'm not in anyway trying to uniform myself with everyone else as I i firmly believe that's not only ignorant but very stupid) but at the same time is in overdrive and keeps people that are good for us away too.

Hey I'm all for keeping idiots at a distance, lol! :p

EveWasFramed said:
AJ1982 said:

Hey I'm all for keeping idiots at a distance, lol! :p

Lol me too, I just wish I could find it in me to trust more. Not trusting keeps me safe for sure, but it's also keeping me alone. Fantasy prone personality disorder only helps so much lmao, maybe they'll make up a new personality disorder to describe dealing with extreme social isolation soon so I could try that, I hate not having variety in life it's boring lol

Latest posts

Back