Hello from London and Lausanne!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavant

Reaction score
Hello/Salut!

Call me Lavant. I'll simply be posting my Bio to brief you on me:

He's 23 years of age, has many friends and even a best friend. However, he is a man of a rather solitary nature.

He does not mind being alone, not at all. If anything, it is preferred. But like most, occasionally waves of needs and wants come like a tidal wave and take over.

- He plays sings and plays guitar (in the bathroom)
- He trains in a university athletics sports team
- Has thrown himself into learning French
- Loves to be engaged in a slightly deeper conversation than normal

Without a doubt, he loves nothing more than starting a new life and is doing just that, for the third time, this September.

The reason I joined is that, whilst I do have people to confide in, speak to and to care for me, I regularly feel left behind by others and alone. I could be surrounded by friends and yet I've a feeling that hits deep in my chest. A sort of longing, but for what, I don't particularly know. Does anyone else feel this way?

Another reason is that I have family issues. They happen to live just one hour away, yet I have refused to see them for almost 3 years (my own choice). It's a long story that I hope to speak with someone about.

I'd very much like to find people to speak to and have genuine (possibly deep) conversations with.

Come September, I shall be moving to Switzerland for education purposes. Very excited for the future.

But for now, a big hello! :D

Hello and welcome!!
I do get what you mean by occasionally being left behind despite having friends....I was sort of the same way a few years ago...Deep conversations are sort of cool..I really hope that you find what you're looking for and make better friends in Switzerland! I envy you for going their to study... :D
If all goes well,I may do my masters in what ever there ^_^

Lavant said:
The reason I joined is that, whilst I do have people to confide in, speak to and to care for me, I regularly feel left behind by others and alone. I could be surrounded by friends and yet I've a feeling that hits deep in my chest. A sort of longing, but for what, I don't particularly know. Does anyone else feel this way?

Another reason is that I have family issues. They happen to live just one hour away, yet I have refused to see them for almost 3 years (my own choice). It's a long story that I hope to speak with someone about.

I'd very much like to find people to speak to and have genuine (possibly deep) conversations with.

Come September, I shall be moving to Switzerland for education purposes. Very excited for the future.

But for now, a big hello! :D

First things first... my name is Jéssica, I'm 19 and I'm portuguese :)
You're likely the first person in this forum who really has something in common with me.
I still don't know what I'm doing here, but I'm certainly here for some reason. I can't say I have many friends but I have a few and I don't have what they call low self-esteem. I don't have real social problems and I know for sure that I have people who really care about me, people who like me. But if I understood you clearly, I feel the same way you do. I mean, I make friends with reasonable ease and I really care about them and believe me, I do my best to help them and to be a correct person, if you know what I mean. But for some reason, I have a problem to maintain them... it's like a curse!! Like you said and I quote: I could be surrounded by friends and yet I've a feeling that hits deep in my chest. And that happens because sometimes I really feel a deep connection with someone and if I lose that person, it really affects me in so many ways!! I don't know why but believe me when I say I do my best. I mean, I do anything for my friends and still I can't maintain them (in a general way). It's like I don't belong here where I am, it's like this is not my life, you know? And you know what they say... nobody is replaceable. I really believe in this.
I'm not sure if you can relate this with your situation but when I read what you said I thought: "that's it!!" xD

And I have family issues too... in a way you can't imagine x) but I have to live with them almost every day.

Well, I'm studying in a small town here in Portugal. You maybe know Coimbra? x) It's like the "students city"... we have a lot of awesome traditions in our college :) but one of my sisters is in Switzerland and I've been thinking to go there maybe... I'm not sure of my future but is a possibility :)

Finally.... welcome to the forum x)

Hey Lavant, welcome to the forum! Nice to know about you. Good luck with what you're doing!

Latest posts

Back