Hello from Seattle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenTruck

Reaction score
Just found this forum today, and wanted to introduce myself, and say hello.

I suppose we all have our own story and reasons behind our loneliness. In my case I think it is learned behavior, from a broken family, and unable to sustain my own long term relationships. I've been married and divorced twice, no kids, and I've had many relationships, but in the end they all fail -- I think in part because I feel so lonely and empty -- that I put too much pressure on the other person to complete me... though in some cases I've left because they seemed even more broken than I do.

I only have one close friend -- an introvert like me -- who cheats on his wife and has only told me -- so now I feel like I can't even be friends with his wife -- or with the women he cheats on her with -- who I've also met.

I have a job, a house, and I can afford to travel, but what good is any of it when I go to sleep alone every night.

I'm thinking hard about moving to Portland, where I have more family, but the job prospects there just aren't as good as Seattle, and since I grew up poor, I'm more afraid of having nothing than I am of being alone.

I'm probably not making a lot of sense since I'm posting this after drinking 2 IPAs. I'll try to do a better job of introducing myself tomorrow.

Naah man youre good you did a fine job , although now you got me wanting a beer lol. Thats tough with your friend, i can imagine thatd be kinda awkward. Anyways just wanted to take a minute to welcome you to the forum. So welcome aboard.

GreenTruck said:
Just found this forum today, and wanted to introduce myself, and say hello.

I suppose we all have our own story and reasons behind our loneliness. In my case I think it is learned behavior, from a broken family, and unable to sustain my own long term relationships. I've been married and divorced twice, no kids, and I've had many relationships, but in the end they all fail -- I think in part because I feel so lonely and empty -- that I put too much pressure on the other person to complete me... though in some cases I've left because they seemed even more broken than I do.

I only have one close friend -- an introvert like me -- who cheats on his wife and has only told me -- so now I feel like I can't even be friends with his wife -- or with the women he cheats on her with -- who I've also met.

I have a job, a house, and I can afford to travel, but what good is any of it when I go to sleep alone every night.

I'm thinking hard about moving to Portland, where I have more family, but the job prospects there just aren't as good as Seattle, and since I grew up poor, I'm more afraid of having nothing than I am of being alone.

I'm probably not making a lot of sense since I'm posting this after drinking 2 IPAs. I'll try to do a better job of introducing myself tomorrow.

Hey there. I am in Seattle too :) Welcome!

Latest posts

Back