Hello from the UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Katerina

Hi to everyone on here. I'm 28 and from the UK and joined this forum in order to meet and chat with some new people; something that is rather missing from my life at the moment.

I'll give a bit of back info:

I became seriously depressed back when I was a teenager based on my very low self-esteem. It took me about 5 years to get out of the depression but I was left with some kind of social anxiety by the end of that. I went out of my way to avoid people and became rather misanthropic and even a little paranoid.

Things have gotten somewhat better since then. I went back to college where I did well and even carry out presentations - something that would have horrified me years ago. I volunteer in my local area and feel better about life as a whole but I'm still rather isolated and don't know anyone near my own age. Living in a rural area doesn't help either and I often feel at a bit of a loss as to what to do about it, particularly on the relationship front.

Anyway, interests-wise I'm pretty creative when it comes to art, I play videogames, read, go to zumba exercise classes, play the guitar (badly I'd like to add), and occasionally like to try more adventurous activities like surfing, kayaking etc. I hope I can get to know some of you and have a chat and a laugh in the future. :)

Hi....hope you find the forum helpful....I finally gave up all pretence of being able to play guitar when it finally occurred to me that short stubby fingers were more adept at substituting for dibbers...plugging medium sized leaks etc....than effortlessly gliding across a fretboard.

Hiya, welcome to the forum.
I've attempted to play guitar (I still have one in my closet collecting dust) but even with the long skinny fingers I posses, I can't seem to avoid hitting chords I hadn't meant to~
I'd still like to learn, I guess I just have to put in the effort.

I'm sure you'll make friends here quite effortlessly, as you seem like an interesting person.
Regardless, I hope your stay here is what you'd hoped for.

Hey Katerina, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Hi,Katerina and welcome to the forum, nice to see more people from here in the UK,joining the site! :)

Greetings Katerina, I hope this forum is to your liking. I'm a bit misanthropic and paranoid too, but not uncontrollably so. I also live in a rural area (of America), and do local volunteer work. Don't play the guitar though.

Thanks for the welcome :).

I'm left-handed and I like to imagine that makes me clumsier playing a right-handed guitar rather than just a lack of ability. As for what I play it tends to be rock songs on the whole although usually just the beginning parts as I give up too easily!

Welcome to the site! You sound like a cool person. I like video games and reading too. :3

Latest posts

Back