Hello there.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psycho

Reaction score
Ah, so a community I may relate to.

Hello,
I'm 16 and have lived a very lonely life ever since I can remember. I suppose people dismiss me intellectually and emotionally due to my age, but it can never be helped no matter how hard I try to be involved with the general public. It's very hard for me to relate to people in my generation because of the amount of superficiality and obsessive materialism that goes around. So I prefer the company (if it ever happens) of open-minded people and of course relatable individuals concerning the subject of loneliness. And, for some reason they usually end up being at least 5-10 years older than me. I have no problem with this, but kids my age see it as very creepy and socially unacceptable. My loneliness is quite severe to the point that I occasionally and accidentally delve into the philosophy of solipsism, but then quickly shake myself out of it. My username is an inside joke, as kids have called me a "psycho" and "sociopath" due to my emotional callousy. It's true I'm often numb to almost everything around me, but loneliness is a very strong feeling I always have whether it be consciously or subconsciously. I'm glad I've found a forum like this where I'm able to relate to others regardless of age, gender, or beliefs.

Thank you for having me.

Hello Psycho and welcome to ALL!Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Hey Psycho, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Psycho said:

Hello,
I'm 16 and have lived a very lonely life ever since I can remember. I suppose people dismiss me intellectually and emotionally due to my age, but it can never be helped no matter how hard I try to be involved with the general public. It's very hard for me to relate to people in my generation because of the amount of superficiality and obsessive materialism that goes around. So I prefer the company (if it ever happens) of open-minded people and of course relatable individuals concerning the subject of loneliness. And, for some reason they usually end up being at least 5-10 years older than me. I have no problem with this, but kids my age see it as very creepy and socially unacceptable. My loneliness is quite severe to the point that I occasionally and accidentally delve into the philosophy of solipsism, but then quickly shake myself out of it. My username is an inside joke, as kids have called me a "psycho" and "sociopath" due to my emotional callousy. It's true I'm often numb to almost everything around me, but loneliness is a very strong feeling I always have whether it be consciously or subconsciously. I'm glad I've found a forum like this where I'm able to relate to others regardless of age, gender, or beliefs.

Thank you for having me.

Ah, another old soul. I teach, and you have no idea how many students I have like you. They stay in my classroom for longer periods of time just to talk to someone older. They want me to be their "friend" on facebook, twitter, xbox, etc, but unfortunately I can't until they graduate. But kids like you are awesome! And screw the other ones, when you get out of high school and into college "older" friends is no big deal. Just gotta hang in there.

Welcome to the forum!

Nicolelt said:
Psycho said:

Hello,

Thank you for having me.

Ah, another old soul. I teach, and you have no idea how many students I have like you. They stay in my classroom for longer periods of time just to talk to someone older. They want me to be their "friend" on facebook, twitter, xbox, etc, but unfortunately I can't until they graduate. But kids like you are awesome! And screw the other ones, when you get out of high school and into college "older" friends is no big deal. Just gotta hang in there.

Welcome to the forum!

Good to know I suppose haha. I'm a senior in high school now and I actually tend to talk to my English professor the most, as he provides me with meaningful conversations that I can appreciate.

I hope that you'll want to relate to this forum, Psycho and I for one wouldn't dismiss you intellectually only because of your age.

I echo what Nicolelt says, go to college and find people of your own mental stature.

Latest posts

Back