Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neuromai

Reaction score
I'm lonely to a degree because my time has been committed to building my academic and professional career, since I'm student I have no income to enjoy going out and other things. I resigned from my part job to focus on a research career in psychology, business, and other domains, sadly all unpaid at the undergraduate level.

Much has changed over the years, I use to be pretty social, traveled alot and partied, but after awhile you realize it's time to focus on creating a professional career, this is something my old friends have not thought of. They are stuck in a cycle, not taking life seriously.

Another fact stems from the guy I dated in high school to the beginning of my college career, back then our groups were uniform, but after some "drama" the group split and I was the one who drifted between because I like people and who was I to judge.

His group of friends were odd and a bit shady, girls judging each was the big thing, girlfriends not getting along and what not. I'm never shared the same interest as the group, I was concerned with reading and studying, unlike their constant go, go, go, for parties and attempting to compensate for their lack of significance. They were closed minded and protected.

Fast forwarding a bit, I found out my ex cheated on me and everyone knew except for me, right then and there I knew that his friends were not really friends to me, because I was left in the dark. I was devastated, but I picked myself up.

Since then, I've found a field that I love and interned/worked at a few places. When I dropped the people, I was moving towards a bright career and hopefully either pursing medical or graduate school, not to sure how things will pan out.

I do have a boyfriend but he lives near my college and I'm a few hours away. I think my main concern is him breaking up with me because of distance. If it happens, thus shall it be. I learned to handle my emotions by growing as an individual.

I have a hard time connecting with girls, based on my looks, I'm perceived to be odd and nerdy. I carry the belief that looks can only get you so far, if you spend time working hard in school to pursue a career you love, that is what matters compared to vanity that is saturated among my peers.

With all the focusing and dropping dead weight, it's get a bit lonely. Finding people who have the same interest as me; science, tech, anime, and so fourth is hard, because among those people in real life who have the same interests I feel like I'm always being judged.

I've always been atypical from my upbringing, interests, looks, and the way I perceive society and what not. I'm a very respectful person to others and rational as well. I'm very calm and down to earth, I like to say "Diamonds are not this girl's bestfriend".

Well, thank you for letting me join your community!

Latest posts

Back