Hello?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adran

Reaction score
So...hi, everyone.

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to tell everyone about me, but I don't really know anything about me myself. So, I'll just explain why I'm here. Basically, I've been severely depressed for the last year now, and I've spent most of it watching as my life fell apart around me. I tried everything: I've gone through five medications and four counselors and nothing to show for it. Suicide tempted me for a while, but I was too scared to try anything. I've searched for diversions, hobbies, anything to distract me, but nothing seems to interest me any more. Anyway, I've now reached the point at which my life is an utter shambles, I'm constantly an angry, lonely, nervous wreck, and I have no idea what to do. So I came here. To be honest, I don't expect this site to be very helpful, but at least it'll give me another temporary escape, and maybe some people with whom I can actually relate.

So...hi, everyone.

Hi, Adran. Welcome to ALL.

Personally, I believe in mind over matter with things like this. There must be some reason why you don't want to let go of whatever is dragging you down. Could be that you don't think getting better will help. That can be a big motivator to stay depressed.
I understand the angry part very well, but it won't really help anything. It just keeps you from feeling the other emotions and allowing you to figure them out and resolve them.
Hobbies and things like that won't interest you because you aren't really giving them a fair chance because of how you feel. Don't give up and keep looking for things to interest you and give them at least a couple of months before you give up on them.

Temporary escape is fine...maybe you may find it will offer something a little longer term....I think 'the real Calley's advice is pretty sound, and maybe you could apply it to this forum for a while...just stick with it for a while see if it has something to offer you at some time...or maybe discover that you have something to offer it , that maybe you hadn't explored...No wonder your angry four councilors in a year is fcking insane..you should have consistent councilling and councilling isn't psychological therapy...anti depressant medications are a voyage of discovery...if a medication isn't helping in any way maybe it's related to dosage ...or if you simply feel that your Doctor doesn't actually know what the f...ck they're doing..maybe you should arrange to see someone else. 😗

hi Adran. I can relate to how you feeling right now. So you are not alone in that regard. I wont try to offer any advice as I cant even manage my own depression right now but have a look around the forums and share some thoughts with us. It might make you feel better. Afterall, depression is as much to do with how you feel about yourself than what others think of you.

Hey Adran! Welcome to ALL!

I remember having depression when I was in high school (If it was depression. I never had it diagnosed).
While I don't have much in the way of advice to give other than agreeing with Callie, hang in there. It's a tough place, I know, but you can get through it. As long as you and the problem are still standing, you can always conquer the problem.

I'll be cheering for you on this side. Best of luck. :D

hi Adran, the only thing I can say at the moment is: welcome!

I think many people can relate to what you write, I know I do.

You know, sometimes you have to keep going through medications. 5 may not be enough, and 4 counselors may not have found you the one that can help you. I'm sorry you are experiencing treatment resistant depression. Don't give up, that's your disease talking.

Hi Adran, welcome aboard.

I agree with the sentiments of the other posters here but would like to add that I started learning Taijiquan(AKA Tai Chi) to help me with severe depression, it's been a massive help to me, I'm now a teacher. I still have some 'issues' but it has given me a whole set of tools & strategies to get by in life & I'm massively improved from where I once was.

If you would like to talk more about this, or have any questions please just ask, either here or in PM is fine with me.

Whatever you do I wish the best for you.

Hey Adran, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Feel free to PM me if you wanna chat.

Latest posts

Back