Help Breaking Addictive Relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn this lesson everyone : No contact is the best....I get the email saying are you still talking to me?

I do not want to be like this, to hold something against someone so I can heal, and I use this rationale to call her the next day...

I ask her what she wants and she says nothing...

she goes off about contacting her boyfriend and being the cause of their break up..

I do not even know how to contact him nor want to....

She vents, I explain I do not care enough to take the time to do so, and hang up...

dont break no contact folks..trust me

Alone By Faults said:
she goes off about contacting her boyfriend and being the cause of their break up..

She vents, I explain I do not care enough to take the time to do so, and hang up...

That kind of sounds like she either want to blame something - anything - on you, or wanted to use something that could possibly make you feel bad in order for you to talk to her. And it really sounds like, in my personal opinion, that she just wants some attention from you. I can certainly lean more towards the thought that she's not completely over you, despite having someone after you. I highly doubt you were the direct cause of their demise, and it was probably more he might have realized she wasn't over her ex, meaning you.

I've not been in that particular situation, but I did have to stop talking to my ex, or it would have been constant going back and forth finding faults in each other. And when he tried contacting me again after many years, I told him I couldn't do it, especially when I knew he wanted something more, and I just can't give that to him.

No Contact is essential for your well-being.
YOU are the important one.

If your ex really cared, you would not be in your current state of being emotionally.
Going 'No Contact' is just as difficult as going into rehab for any type of addiction, because that what is truly going on - an addiction. Not love.

You need to take charge, and be in control.
No contact (meaning no social media - no Facebook / Instagram / Twitter peeking, no spying, deleting old e-mails, etc.) will ensure that transpires. It is extremely difficult, but in the long run, you will emerge stronger and then be able to rationalize the situation. I've been no-contact with my ex for over a year. Do I miss her? Yes. Do I want to know what she is doing? No.
I'm all about taking care of myself now.

Alone By Faults said:
Learn this lesson everyone : No contact is the best....I get the email saying are you still talking to me?

I do not want to be like this, to hold something against someone so I can heal, and I use this rationale to call her the next day...

I ask her what she wants and she says nothing...

dont break no contact folks..trust me

a heros story. I loved watching that unfold. I wish I had your strength.

I went through a breakup too these last few months but to my dismay we have finances tied together so no contact is kinda out of the question. so every so often we needed to get together and it just started the hurting process all over again. Id learn new things about what shes doing and why she wont talk to me. We tried for a second chance until no. and here we are today.

anyways good on ya mate!

ABrokenMan said:
No contact (meaning no social media - no Facebook / Instagram / Twitter peeking, no spying, deleting old e-mails, etc.) will ensure that transpires.

THe No contact as in communication is easy...Now the spying is what is getting me...I still want to get that rush from her suffering or some thing...It is selfish and not very nice...

So much positive is going on in my life and I know I am about to turn a corner...

I will stay strong and stop the stupid chit like spying

Alone By Faults said:
ABrokenMan said:
No contact (meaning no social media - no Facebook / Instagram / Twitter peeking, no spying, deleting old e-mails, etc.) will ensure that transpires.

THe No contact as in communication is easy...Now the spying is what is getting me...I still want to get that rush from her suffering or some thing...It is selfish and not very nice...

So much positive is going on in my life and I know I am about to turn a corner...

I will stay strong and stop the stupid chit like spying

Block her everywhere, that way you aren't tempted to spy.

[/quote]

Block her everywhere, that way you aren't tempted to spy.
[/quote]

Done.....Life is going very well....I can be a good person, wish her the best in my heart, and heal by resisting my temptation.

TY

Alone By Faults said:
Few things have I wanted more than to break free of a certain person. I am fortunate that I am not within close physical proximity to the person. The relationship is toxic on both ends and I just do not want to hurt anymore because of it. We share no kids nor any joint ventures.

So that is the good news....I need to scratch, claw, and exert the little amount of will power to get through this. While stopping this relationship will not cure the problems in me, it will give me a chance to heal and grow as a person...

I really do need links...suggestions...help with this.....Please help me

You really do need to break away from this person. Toxic relationships can harm you both in the end.

kathyjoyce said:
Alone By Faults said:
I really do need links...suggestions...help with this.....Please help me

You really do need to break away from this person. Toxic relationships can harm you both in the end.

I think we were both good people...the end altered us both and not for the better....

I will mourn this ending for a long time but it has to...every facet of the relationship...

just a shame...

Alone By Faults said:
I think we were both good people...the end altered us both and not for the better....

I will mourn this ending for a long time but it has to...every facet of the relationship...

just a shame...

Do you think you're ready to let this all go? Or do you want to keep holding onto it? You may think about it for a long time, but then again, you might not. But if you're purposely looking forward to holding onto it and think about it, I think that will slow down progress. You'd be surprised as to how some things dissolve if you don't allow it to consume you.

I am devoting less mental calories for it. I received a lot more orders for work so that helps. Paydays are up coming so I can take care of responsibilities...find that the every day activities fade this into the background

Update.....I think this person is finally going to stop contacting me. I thought I would be broken up but only have a few bouts of sad/angry....mostly just relief that she has given up toying with me

Update : Not even a peep......Either all the blocks worked or she has stopped....

I had even forgotten about this thread....I still think of her but less every day.....

life does go on and no contact is the way to go....

Thank you all

Latest posts

Back