Hi all, just introducing myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnotherLonelyGuy

Reaction score
As the nickname states, I'm just another lonely guy.
Here's my story, for short:
I'm 29 yrs old. And lonely.
I don't have a girlfriend, the few friends I thought I had are behind me, in my country of origin (I live in the UK, but I was born somewhere else), basically, I don't have anyone.
I don't have friends at work (either because they speak different languages and too little English for us to truly have a conversation, either 'cause they have a very different culture from my beliefs), I haven't dated anyone at work, 'cause, even though I did ask a couple of girls out, one was married and the other one was busy. I am having no luck online, although I don't really think I'm that ugly (5'10"/11 st), auburn hair, hazel eyes, average Eastern type face. It doesn't matter what I write, or what pictures I put on.
I have a problem with my teeth - they're in extremely bad shape and I don't have the money to repair or replace them yet.
That's why I thought maybe I could hang out online, with other lonely people. I don't expect my situation to change. I think when someone is almost 30 but doesn't have friends, nor a girlfriend, even though he would want to, then that person is simply unlikable. So I'll just stay online, no use trying to find something in the real life anymore.
I have also deactivated my FB account, there was no point to it - those "friends" weren't my friends, they had no interest in my person, also they had no interest in talking about anything except the usual "how do you do" stuff.

Welcome to the site.

I think people like you aren't unwanted. Although I'm not 29 yet and don't really know your situation quite well, I hope things get better for you soon.

Welcome aboard :)

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I think when someone is almost 30 but doesn't have friends, nor a girlfriend, even though he would want to, then that person is simply unlikable.

LOL, this is simply untrue. I'm sure you'll have a few more people over 30 come in here and tell you that. It has nothing to do with being unlikeable. It has to do with who you are seeing on a daily basis. Who you mesh with. What interests you have and how many new people you are meeting. Finding people that speak the same language you do might also help :p

I'm sure you'll find a few people here you can relate to.

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome aboard :)

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
I think when someone is almost 30 but doesn't have friends, nor a girlfriend, even though he would want to, then that person is simply unlikable.

LOL, this is simply untrue. I'm sure you'll have a few more people over 30 come in here and tell you that. It has nothing to do with being unlikeable. It has to do with who you are seeing on a daily basis. Who you mesh with. What interests you have and how many new people you are meeting. Finding people that speak the same language you do might also help :p

I'm sure you'll find a few people here you can relate to.

Well... I dunno. 'Cause, when I said language, I meant they barely speak English. And the British... well, they're not Americans, they won't talk to you too much if they don't know you for a while first. That is, if they will talk at all, except when there's something work-related.
I did have two girlfriends, and several other which I dated and stuff, but we didn't become a couple. That was in my country of origin. The relationships broke because one found someone else, cheated on me then moved, the other wanted to be a princess, while I was supposed to support her and be ok with her ignoring me, or going out with people I don't know, or her mostly not answering her phone and so on.
It's not only that I see myself as unlikable, but I don't trust people anymore. I don't think women are attracted to me, besides the fact that I don't trust any of them, and the men, well, I'm just expecting from everyone either to ignore me, either to have some hidden agenda. And I grew extremely intolerant to bad habits.
I worked in the military for almost 10 years. I left because of the way the politicians were rushing that country into poverty, while no one did anything, the education was breaking down, so half of my countrymen can barely read or write, the health system was dead... I didn't feel at home anymore. I was educated in the old communist system and it's remains after it fell. So I was and am able to read, write, speak, and I think I am civilized. In the military... well, you can't really meet new people or available women there.
Here I'm working as a cleaning supervisor. It was the only thing they would hire me for, because they wanted trackable records and such, but not from my country, but from the UK. Needles to say I don't have any. And to be a security guard I need a license which is quite costly. Therefore, I don't have access to a more "prestigious" or well-payed job.
So... I don't really have any place where I could meet new people, people like me. I don't have money at the moment to go out on pubs and clubs, although I will very soon, but even then, I don't drink alone, I don't usually go out alone, because of my teeth problem I reframe from smiling, except with my mouth closed...
So... for all these reasons, I doubt I'll find someone. I think if it were for someone to find me, it would have happened until now.
Therefore, I just try to fend off the loneliness by using the internet, that is, the forums. And I'm glad I found this one, geared towards lonely people.

Hey ALG, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Hmm isn't that what you're looking for here? To have some online interaction with others you might have stuff in common with?

We all do have something in common: either we are alone, or we feel alone. I thought you meant what I'm looking for in general, not on this forum. I'm sort of a forums veteran, I know I'll find good people to talk to here. For the simple reason that they want to talk to someone as well.

Welcome to the site! You'll find some people who can relate and talk too. :)

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! =)
I'm sure you'll meet a lot of new friends on here.

Hello and welcome! I was reading the posts here to you. . . You already have made some amazing acquaintances! :)!

AnotherLonelyGuy said:
Thanks :) I see and wonder how is that there are so many of us (lonely people) online, but IRL we remain alone still...

Because the majority of us seem to be introverts, so even if we seen each other IRL we most likely would just pass each other by not even knowing ^^. Not to mention we are pretty spread out, I have yet to meet someone close by. Being online makes it easier as well, so shyness/confidence is a factor.

Also welcome :)

Latest posts

Back