Hi everyone....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shhhhh

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking off and on for a few years now. At night, when loneliness always visits, it’s helpful to read about other people’s struggles with social phobias and relationship problems stemming from introversion and shyness. It makes me feel less alone.

I’m a 46 years old (birthday – 1/10/69) man from the San Francisco bay area.

I’m currently going through a divorce with my wife f 15 years. The breakup was rather poignant. One of my wife’s complaints was that I was not social enough. In addition, my enjoyment of spending time in nature and quiet nights reading a book made her feel “dead” inside. These kind of comments made me feel rather inferior and ashamed of who I am. I'm sure everyone here can relate.

I don’t have many friends. And none that I could call “close”. I work at home so, while I enjoy the solitude, I can go days without seeing or talking to anyone which causes a slew of negative emotions to well up. I don’t have very much of a family, so most of my holidays are spent alone with my dog.

The only thing I really desire in life is a true, close, lasting friendship. Easier said than done, huh?

Hi Shhhhh, welcome to ALL. :)

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I had a lot of the same things happen to me when I was still with my ex and I work at home too. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it in private. I'm also usually in chat also if you feel inclined to go there.

TheRealCallie said:
Hi Shhhhh, welcome to ALL. :)

I understand exactly where you're coming from. I had a lot of the same things happen to me when I was still with my ex and I work at home too. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it in private. I'm also usually in chat also if you feel inclined to go there.

Thanks. I may take you up on that. :)

Hey and welcome aboard. As far as that friendship thing, yeah i think a lot of people are looking for that. Its a really elusive thing at times. Its so hard to find people that you really click with and it just works, most of the time you find people and you work at it so long and it just kinda falls apart anyway. Least in my case. Anyway glad to have you on the forum and i hope it helps you being here.

Hello Shhhhh and Welcome :)

And you're right about getting real friends, they are indeed real hard to have but life is mystery anything is possible.

Hello Shhhhhh, welcome to Lonely Life. :)

Yes, I can relate to the bitterness of divorce even though I am less than half your age. I'm trying to be optimistic, for there are new beginnings up for grabs if only we have the courage. Loneliness can take many forms, but here it's lovely making online friends as writing really does help.

Enjoy your time here on the forum.

Anna Mouse

Latest posts

Back