Hi, I'm new here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wessik

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Wessik. Its an interesting name, "wessik". Although it sounds German, it is not really a German word at all. I have a lot of psuedo German nicknames, such as "Kedelstadt", "WechtleinUns", and "Kaeltiergluht". Each of these psudonyms has a unique history and etymology, as well as my own personal meaning assigned to them. :D

You might be interested to know that I have been diagnosed with a mild form of Autism known as "Aspergers syndrome". Interestingly enough, I do not care too much for that diagnosis. I appear perfectly normal the vast majority of the time, and when I do relax a little, I just come off as someone like Emmet "Doc" Brown, from back to the future. So then, why do I often bring the diagnosis up? Well, mainly to reduce stigma about Autism. People often are quite surprised by the admission on my part.

At this point I would like to take the opportunity to explain a bit about my social life. I fall into the "lonely by design" category, in that despite a certain amount of social confidence on my part, I often can't be bothered much by people. This is not to say that I am anti-social, heavens no. Indeed, I can honestly say that I am still figuring out just who I am and what I want out of life. I'm 23 years old, so this is to be expected.

Well. I am glad that I got the opportunity to introduce myself. I thank you for your support, and home to make myself at home. In the words of my Psuedo-German Language: "Bist Bald, mein freunden!"

Hey and welcome! One of my dearest friends actually has aspergers syndrome and as you described yourself, just appears completely regular the majority of the time, only getting a little over excitable after a few energy drinks or when talking about comic books. We became friends on a training course, tonnes of people were ripping into him and bullying him, getting him to do or say things so they could laugh at him when he thought he was just fitting in, i stood up for him and stopped the bullying and now he's a much more confident person. Welcome to the forum. Its a great place and there's some wonderfully accepting people here xxx

Thank you very much, MissyEchelon! By the way, your username intrigues me. Do you mind if I asked you where the "Echelon", In "MissyEchelon", comes from? Also, I like your avatar. Wearing a Bindi, are you? :D

Hi Wessik

Welcome , I am also quite a newbie.

Aspergers actually makes you highly intelligent in ways others cannot comprehend. so cherish it.

Welcome to ALL, Wessik! I enjoyed reading your introduction and appreciate that you are so open. I am that way too. I hope you enjoy your time on here, get good advice when needed, and meet some new acquaintences. See you around! :)

Wessik said:
Hello. My name is Wessik. Its an interesting name, "wessik". Although it sounds German, it is not really a German word at all. I have a lot of psuedo German nicknames, such as "Kedelstadt", "WechtleinUns", and "Kaeltiergluht". Each of these psudonyms has a unique history and etymology, as well as my own personal meaning assigned to them. :D

Welcome Wessik :)
Your pseudo German made me chuckle... Kaeltiergluht sounds really nice. Would you mind telling me about their etymology? As a non-pseudo German, I'm really curious hehe.
I hope you'll like it here :)

Thank you really for the welcome!

Monkeysocks, you and me both, brother! Intelligence has helped me get great marks in school. Interestingly enough, I have often felt that I do not belong to the world of Autism. You see, I was diagnosed as an adult(when I was a kid, the "syndrome" was practically unheard of.) And as a result, well... hmm. I forgot what I was going to say. That usually does not happen.

Also, Ms. Lua, I am so glad you asked about the language! I have put a lot of effort into it, but I tend not to force information about the language down people's throats. It appears to be off-putting, for some reason. :D

"Kaeltiergluht", loosely translated, means "sickness of the heart". It speaks to the yearning of one who is separated from someone that they live. Usually there is a connotation of hoping to be reuinited while simultaneously knowing that such a thing can never occur. It is that kind of sickness, the sickness that is painful to hold, yet must be clung to so as to avoid the abyss of despair. It is... the last refuge of those above despair.

Pretty neat, eh?

I have written some stories where the language is featured. Can't say they are anywhere near publishable quality, though. :p :D

Hey Wessik, there's nothing wrong with Autism and it doesn't appear to affect you at all since your post was completely legible. To be honest I don't know much about that kind of stuff. For a non-German you do seem to know a bit about it.

I'm actually learning German myself if you'd like to PM me about it; although you're probably better than me :D.

I think I've seen you around, Wallflower. Was it in the relationship forum? Oh well, glad you stopped by. :D I'll see you around! (And thank you, as well!)

Wessik said:
Also, Ms. Lua, I am so glad you asked about the language! I have put a lot of effort into it, but I tend not to force information about the language down people's throats. It appears to be off-putting, for some reason. :D

"Kaeltiergluht", loosely translated, means "sickness of the heart". It speaks to the yearning of one who is separated from someone that they live. Usually there is a connotation of hoping to be reuinited while simultaneously knowing that such a thing can never occur. It is that kind of sickness, the sickness that is painful to hold, yet must be clung to so as to avoid the abyss of despair. It is... the last refuge of those above despair.

Pretty neat, eh?

I have written some stories where the language is featured. Can't say they are anywhere near publishable quality, though. :p :D

It sounds more than just neat! Your expression fits the meaning really well.

"The sickness that is painful to hold, yet must be clung to so as to avoid the abyss of despair", beautifully said. Hmmmm it sounds a bit like Sehnsucht, with the aspect of hopelessness added to it. You must be really creative, not just writing novels, but even in your own language!

Feel free to PM me if you ever need help with German or feel like writing/speaking it :)

Latest posts

Back