Hi! New hree

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winnie12

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar story but here goes.
I grew up in a strict religion. Individualism was frowned upon and conforming was encouraged. I didn't believe everything but gave my time and energy basically my whole teenage life to this religion.
The funny thing though being in a congregation of over 100 people and another 7 million earth wide I never felt apart of it. I alway felt alone.
My loneliness morphed into depression. I was always left out of social activities. I alway thought maybe it's because I'm not interesting, or I am to shy and people don't want to get to know me. I just never felt like I could be my true self with these people. So I would clam up. I just began to grow up as an insecure, scared individual who built tall walls around herself . Recently I started questioning my beliefs, seeing a therapist and doing research on the history of the religion and realized that my religion had essentially trapped my in this cycle of high expectations, guilt, pessimism and unworthiness. I saw a quote that really really hit me "I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.". After reading that , and learning the facts about my religion I have decided to make my life worth living again. I want to meet new people and help others overcome their loneliness too. Thanks for reading I am sorry if it was too long!

Hi Winnie
How are you? I am new at using this site and have never received input before on this site so I hope to hear back from you. I am glad you are taking steps to get out of that bad place and make new friends and mostly work on yourself, because if you're not well, then you won't be of he to anyone else. 😀 Again, welcome to the site and feel welcome to respond if you like.

='Winnie12' pid='593454' dateline='1390536135']
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar story but here goes.
I grew up in a strict religion. Individualism was frowned upon and conforming was encouraged. I didn't believe everything but gave my time and energy basically my whole teenage life to this religion.
The funny thing though being in a congregation of over 100 people and another 7 million earth wide I never felt apart of it. I alway felt alone.
My loneliness morphed into depression. I was always left out of social activities. I alway thought maybe it's because I'm not interesting, or I am to shy and people don't want to get to know me. I just never felt like I could be my true self with these people. So I would clam up. I just began to grow up as an insecure, scared individual who built tall walls around herself . Recently I started questioning my beliefs, seeing a therapist and doing research on the history of the religion and realized that my religion had essentially trapped my in this cycle of high expectations, guilt, pessimism and unworthiness. I saw a quote that really really hit me "I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up alone. It's not. The worst thing is to end up with people that make you feel all alone.". After reading that , and learning the facts about my religion I have decided to make my life worth living again. I want to meet new people and help others overcome their loneliness too. Thanks for reading I am sorry if it was too long!
[/quote]

Hey Winnie, welcome to the forum. I can understand how you feel about having grown up and taught to believe in something which your heart doesn't truly feel for. I was in that situation myself. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Latest posts

Back