hi there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrairdrie

Reaction score
Hi there

I just wanted to introduce myself, but I'll forgo publishing my name. I'm a 34 year old Canadian.

I came here because I have no one else in my life to talk about how I feel with.

I'm a very lonely person and I have been for the better part of my life. Lately its hitting me very hard. I've struggled with interpersonal relationships, making friends and have never had a girlfriend. I've managed to eke out a decent career, but one where I work alone most of the time. I own a house and was hoping to fill it with a wife and kids someday.

Talking about how I feel to anyone in real land just brings so much ridicule I've usually kept my mouth shut and kept my feelings all bottled up.

Lastly I wish I could use inclusive pronouns more often such as 'we' or 'our'

Hey, welcome to ALL. Hope you'll find what you need here.

Hey mrairdrie, welcome to the forum. Sorry to read about your loneliness, I do hope that you'll find some people you can connect and interact with on here. Drop by the chat room if you like. Best of luck. :)

mrairdrie said:
thanks everyone. Is this chat room frequented by many people?

Quite at different times of the day/night... depends really. Try your luck - but I think you've been there when it's quite active (usually when I'm not around.. haha).

Welcome to the forum Mr.Airdrie!

but I think you've been there when it's quite active (usually when I'm not around.. haha).

Everyone just wants to surprise you for when ya come back of course :p

I sense from your intro that you feel time passing you by. If that's the case, you're right. I'm almost 30 years older than you and haven't enjoyed much of anything, not really, since I was 11. I've got a glimmer of an idea that I might kind of like living the next 20 or so years, but that was a lot of lost time.

Don't make the mistake I did. Whatever it takes, fix what you don't like about your life and if coming here is a start, then good on you for that!

Latest posts

Back