Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guess

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm still learning english, so I apologize in advace for any error. I hope it'll be comprehensible..

I'm a guy, 24 years old, from Italy.

There are "few" things that interest me. First of all there is Zen buddhism, indeed I do a lot of meditation. I also read some books about it, visiting forums, and even practicing with a group of people (that is quite unusual for me). After all the stuff concerned with buddhism, I really like to learn. Learn everything that can develop my understanding of the word (my self included). Actually I'm reading some history books (after all, we are the product of the past), but I have a long list of topics, the main are: philosophy, economy, psychology, physics. Unfortunately I don't have much time to read, that is because I work and attend university.

Ah! The reason because I'm here. I'm really a lonely guy! I don't want to hang out with people. Most of the time I'm with other I feel amiss, maybe because there is a huge divergence in how we see life. Usually I feel like I'm loosing time, looking continuosly the time and a proper way to escape. I tried a lot to hang out with others, forcing myself to appreciate the social enviroment (in Italy some folks say that the appeite comes while you are eating), I thought that maybe could be a matter of practice. It wasn't so.

There is one thing that bother me. Is this huge amount of loneliness negative for mental health? is there a edge where loneliness become unhealthy? If so, will I be able to detect it?
However, better crazy :D

Nice to meet you Guess! Welcome to the forums!
As long as you are trying to be social, its OK to be by yourself. Some people love being around others, others just don't like it as much. Of course, not talking to many people for a long time might not be so good.
Its really cool that you are into Buddhism! I practice Shintoism and have been trying to learn a lot about other similar religions too.

~Moosey

Latest posts

Back