Hi! :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemoon

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Let me preface this with saying that I am sixteen year old girl, which I've noticed is younger than many of the members on this site.  However, loneliness does not discriminate.  

For as long as I can remember, I've suffered at the hands of depression.  In 2013, I hit an all time low; I didn't - no, I couldn't - leave the house, let alone my room, for weeks at a time.  Inevitably, I switched to homeschooling at the end of that year, and consequently, lost all my friends.  It's been a few years, and while I am very much still struggling, I am lucky enough to say that I am far from the place I was in two-three years ago.   Unfortunately, however, my social life is still zilch.  

So! That brings me to my introduction! :D 

I am absolutely fascinated with space.  Have been for as long as I can remember.  Thus, my ultimate dream is to eventually go to the ISS!  My favorite subjects would have to be astrophysics and mathematics.  Oddly enough, I thoroughly enjoy mathematics.  Guess that makes me kind of weird and nerdy, but hey, it's cool!  Besides that, I'm quite interested in languages and programming.  Hmm... I am also a figure skater and a writer.  Oh, and I LOVE cats and horses.  Allergies can be so cruel. ::( 
Video games are also pretty awesome. 

Anyway, that's enough "me, me, me" for today!  Thanks to whoever took the time to read this; you rock :)

Welcome to ALL tothemoon,

It's good that your still young and have already worked to overcome some of your troubles! Furthermore I can assure you that your not weird for liking math and astrophysics, but even if people would think that, you seem to be ok with yourself!

Hope you get what you need out of this forum, see you around!

Hi tothemoon! Some parts of how you describe yourself sound so much like me at your age, so do not fret nor feel alone. I missed my mum and wanted to stay with her like a joey in his/her mothers pouch, instead of go to school. I'm relieved for you that you had the choice of homeschooling. Some people learn better by themselves. I was too anxious at school to ever concentrate on the actual reason I was there i.e. learning.

I do wish I had some wisdom to share on your social struggles, but I know how tough school can be with peer pressure and what not. I think I can speak for everyone however when I say we are here for you. 
love-hug4.gif

You come across as a likeable lady tothemoon, I hope you stick around this forum.

Be a good idea to get that depression out of the way before applying for a crew slot on the ISS....they look pretty closely at psych profiles before sending anyone up there. But at 16 you've got lots of time to prepare.

Welcome, and nice name! Tell me, are you the past me? Everything seems to fit so well except for the programming. Space has always been my special interest :) I hope you'll have a good time here!

On a side note that has nothing to do with your age, you have an exquisite way of writing!

Meaw said:
Welcome, and nice name! Tell me, are you the past me? Everything seems to fit so well except for the programming. Space has always been my special interest :) I hope you'll have a good time here!

On a side note that has nothing to do with your age, you have an exquisite way of writing!

Thank you for the kind words, fellow space-lover! :)

Welcome kiddo, you're about half my age :D

When you make it into NASA, please promise me you'll search for other better worlds to live in.

Hi, and welcome to the forum, tothemoon! I'm sorry you've had to suffer at the hands of depression. I can relate. I went through similar circumstances during my teenage years. But I'm glad you're doing better. There are many friends to be had here and I'm sure you'll have a great time getting to know some of them. Have a good day!

Hello, welcome! :) I'm so sorry that you've been battling with depression... *hugs*

Oh, sounds cool! Space really is fascinating, I agree~

Latest posts

Back