Homeless Haven!? pt.2

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haven

Reaction score
To those who haven’t read my other post I’m be evicted. I’ve been packing my mother wants to move out of town. For me that am the worst thing you can do. I’m not good with people I have a few friends haven’t been in a relationship in ages. I don’t have enough self confidence to start somewhere new. I’ve never been too good with people I’m a bit of a shut in. To my mother it’s no big deal but to me it’s a really big one. So when she came up with it I was awe struck. Then again I’m 20 years young but still feel like I’m 15 so little does my mother know I’m not going with. I know it sounds odd but my mother is a dictator she rules over the house like a tyrant (Over exaggerating) But truth be told when I lived on my own I was much happier. The smart choice would be to go with her but then again if I was smart I wouldn’t be a dead beat now. I want freedom again I want to wake up at 10:30 a.m. with being scolded or eat cereal for dinner when I don’t want to cook It’s those freedoms my forefathers fought for. I’m just not sure where to start. I could just be acting childish. I would love some advice from anyone willing to give it. Once again wish me luck.

im in the same boat for freedom myself, im sure you will find something and when you do you will be happier than you are now :)

go to the post office and get a P.O. box. like $5.00 a month i believe. i know money is an issue right now, but you need a way to be reached. you can also purchase prepaid phones. is it possible to live with friends?

what would you do if you stayed ?

libraries have become like Homeless Head Quarters. :D you can apply for jobs, read emails, and read or play online, stay warm or cool inside rather then being outside. most people go to the library, plus you can ask for community information like where shelters are for food, and a map or directions. theyve got it all.

Haven said:
To those who haven’t read my other post I’m be evicted. I’ve been packing my mother wants to move out of town. For me that am the worst thing you can do. I’m not good with people I have a few friends haven’t been in a relationship in ages. I don’t have enough self confidence to start somewhere new.

Does your mother know where she's going? If it consists of a roof and utilities, your best bet might just be to go with her for the time being. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but being homeless and on your own isn't really much fun...or at least that's what I've heard from people who were in that situation.

Once you get to where you're going, you can work on a way to be independent. If it were me, I'd prefer that option to being on the street or in a shelter of some kind. But that's me. :/

Is there any way you can make sure you can get on a public computer sometimes to let us know how you are doing??? (like at a library or something)

Moving could be a great oportunity for a new start (maybe your Mom need's you to not run out on her when she needs you most,even tho it may not seem like it,)

I a pretty sure being homeless is a little overrated. During the winter it sucks pretty bad but during all the other seasons all you need is a safe place to sleep. Do you have a job yet? Only problemo about being homeless is if you are in an area that you are likely to get jumped or if it is really cold. You would be surprised with what you could live through. If you have a car you could live in there. Just make sure to crack the windows before you go to be :p.
HAVE A BACK UP PLAN. Have a friend you could stay with or turn to if something happens. If you do get jumped make sure there is a back up supply of money somewhere. If it gets extremely cold have a plan for that.
Make sure that you will not regret this in the future. Like Stagnant said your mom may really need you right now. Mom's are not always as strong as they seem. You could always present an ultimatum to your mom. Say that you want certain freedoms and you will stick with her. Even though moving may seem like the end of the world it is not all that bad. Whatever you choose make sure it is really what you want.

Aedammair

Latest posts

Back