How do you deal with people who think they know you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindster

Reaction score
There is one friend of my friends that pretends he is smart and he thinks he know everything. Example he come to me saying "hey how are you" and then he say "so yesterday you were at home on pc?" and i say "no i was at a" and he intrupts saying "So i knew you were home" i say "no i was" he interupts again "So i knew you were home".. And my mind wanna explode. This is just an example.. Second example .. I studied whole month for a test and he comes after test saying "i know you didn't studied you gonna fail bro you gonna fail so hard better don't show up".. Even though i told him i studied he "KNOWS" that i didn't study and he won't accept the fact that i did and i don't care really but he boils my mind i lose 10 iq each time i talk to this guy. I can sense when someone is joking but he is always serious and this what i described here is something most of people have problem with him.

Ignore him. As you said your iq will lose 10 points whenever he breathes at you, so it's best to avoid that. It seems he has nothing to add to your quality of life, which means he shouldn't excist to you probably. I'd say ignore him as much as you can.

Frankly, your "friend" sounds like an idiot. Is he being fun-style or ******-style when he says those things? That would make all the difference. If he is mocking you and trying to tear you down, that's not good. If he is just razzing you for the fun of it, probably not a big deal. Some people are just playful, and some are destructive.

He is hiding behind that cover of being a know-it-all and at the same time, trying to bring you down so that he can be better than you. Take no notice of what he says, I'd suggest avoid communicating with him really. Otherwise, just ignore him. Not worth your time at all. You know the truth yourself, don't need other people's validation or acknowledgement whatsoever.

bodafuko said:
Frankly, your "friend" sounds like an idiot. Is he being fun-style or ******-style when he says those things? That would make all the difference. If he is mocking you and trying to tear you down, that's not good. If he is just razzing you for the fun of it, probably not a big deal. Some people are just playful, and some are destructive.
******-style but when u ask him about his actions he would answer with "but wait i knew you were blah blah blah".. And the awkward situation is born again!

kindster said:
bodafuko said:
******-style but when u ask him about his actions he would answer with "but wait i knew you were blah blah blah".. And the awkward situation is born again!

Your best option is to slowly distance yourself from him without showing any anger or drama. This person is a destructive person and likes to tear people down. Although he is only "toying" with you verbally, he is the type who is likely to take more aggressive action to bring negativity and drama into your life. Believe me, I know this type first hand. Just move on and slowly phase him out of your life while being as pleasant as a unicorn prancing along a rainbow the entire time.

kindster said:
There is one friend of my friends that pretends he is smart and he thinks he know everything. Example he come to me saying "hey how are you" and then he say "so yesterday you were at home on pc?" and i say "no i was at a" and he intrupts saying "So i knew you were home" i say "no i was" he interupts again "So i knew you were home".. And my mind wanna explode. This is just an example.. Second example .. I studied whole month for a test and he comes after test saying "i know you didn't studied you gonna fail bro you gonna fail so hard better don't show up".. Even though i told him i studied he "KNOWS" that i didn't study and he won't accept the fact that i did and i don't care really but he boils my mind i lose 10 iq each time i talk to this guy. I can sense when someone is joking but he is always serious and this what i described here is something most of people have problem with him.

wow I have a friend who is excactly the same. He is chirping at me all the time about me not having friends and me being a "forever alone". The ironic part is I'm his only friend.

I did however tell him to stop the teasing because it really makes me tick sometimes. He hasn't stopped completely, but he does pay attention to his words more now and he is tolerable.

Have you tried telling him about your feelings? That did help me. And if it doesn't help then my advice would be to either spend less time with him/her or chirp back at him.

Try doing the same to him to see how he likes it, for a laugh.

Or you can just say something like 'ok' after all these comments, that'll wind him up; seeing that there's no reaction from you.

9006 said:
Try doing the same to him to see how he likes it, for a laugh.

Or you can just say something like 'ok' after all these comments, that'll wind him up; seeing that there's no reaction from you.

LOL I like these suggestions. :D

Latest posts

Back