How do you find something meant for you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
How do I find something I'm meant for? Even if its just a hobby, I need something. Seriously, I'm so lonely & depressed that I just wish I could find something that would make it a little less painfull, but I can't find anything so there is no temporary escape I just feel pain alll the time. Maybe that's my thing, constant pain, neverending pain. I have searched the internet for ever trying to find some kind of advice that could help at least a little. There's stuff like, "think back to your childhood what were you complimented on?" I wasn't complimented on anything. I didn't have any passions or dreams or anything, I was depressed to the core even then. Seriously I just dun want to think that I'm wasting my youth on nothing. Some people tell me to just enjoy the moment, I can't really do that. Remember I'm very lonely & empty & depressed where do I enjoy something? So please if you could, please help me out, whatever you think helps at least a little. Please, I'll be forever grateful, I'm just so desperate. Agan, please & thank you.

I wish you wouldn`t feel that way :( and I am sure you`ll find it. Maybe not all of a sudden and maybe not exactly THE thing you`re meant for, but at least something, then more and more things you enjoy and give you a sense of fulfillment. So..thinking about what I`d do and have done on my journey to selfdiscovery, a good start could be:
1. get some fresh air, walk, in a park and observe people, children, animals, birds, reactions, faces... that may distract you from feeling lonely and offer you instead a better understanding of others and yourself.
2. listen to music, try to figure out what type of music makes you feel good, confident and relaxed.
3. read books, literature and try to overcome the urge of pushing them aside after the first pages.
4. keep a diary, write down your thoughts, likes and dislikes, anything; try to picture yourself in a year, two..ten.
5. talk to your friends, make new friends, share your thoughts
6. see if you could be helpful (volunteer) in aid organisations (for children, animals, old people)
7. do something spontaneus, unusual..some kind of sports
8. laugh, you could exercise it...and it`s facial gymnastics too..that should make your complexion radiant :cool:
9. change something in your room...place of things, colours, decorate it different
10. go shopping (even if it is only windowshopping)...buy yourself something new, change your look...anything that could help you discover something new about you that you like....go on a trip
.....and the list can go on and on. :)
Hope you`ll find out what you`re meant for, BUT don`t expect to get it all at once... it`s a step-by-step- process. :shy:

[youtube]51HpxPANumg[/youtube]

well the thing is that nothing you start to do wont suddenly begin to shine and sparkle with a big note coming out of nowhere and saying: YOU FOUND YOUR THING.
Yeah that was a metaphore.:)
Maybe you should start trying as many new things as possible? And not google it, actually try it.

For example: you like a certain song. Maybe you'd want to learn how to play it on a guitar/piano..something?
But remember that some things (like instruments) are tricky. You'll suck for a couple of days, weeks, months and you'll feel that can't be your thing at all.

What have you tried so far?

Get Down! said:
well the thing is that nothing you start to do wont suddenly begin to shine and sparkle with a big note coming out of nowhere and saying: YOU FOUND YOUR THING.
Yeah that was a metaphore.:)
Maybe you should start trying as many new things as possible? And not google it, actually try it.

For example: you like a certain song. Maybe you'd want to learn how to play it on a guitar/piano..something?
But remember that some things (like instruments) are tricky. You'll suck for a couple of days, weeks, months and you'll feel that can't be your thing at all.

What have you tried so far?

couldn`t have said it better... congrats! :D

aww thanks :p

i probably spent 15 mins editing the whole thing in order to make any sense of it. :shy:

Arnaert, I completely feel you on this. I've felt like this for a while. You ever feel like you just "dabble" in things, but can't seem to find either the desire, focus, or time to develop a passion for it? That seems to be my problem. I might get a little into something, but it seems like I can only do stuff in one sitting, or it loses interest, in most cases. I'm trying to work on this, and trying to get myself back into some of the things I like, but only dabble in, and see if I can expand my knowledge and liking for them.

*hugs* I honestly wish I could travel around and see/do things, and I'm sure you wouldn't probably mind doing that either, but that also costs money which I currently don't have. But do you ever feel restless like that? Like, just randomly on some days wish you could go off on your own to some cool city or random place that none of your friends have been to or something? I feel like that a lot lately.

One thing I find that helps, is either taking a walk or a drive, getting some fresh air, and allowing myself to think about things. Doing things also (at least this holds true for myself) seems to be more enjoyable and is more likely to happen, with others. I don't have many friends, but when I do see them and get together with them, even some of the more "mundane" things can turn out to be more fun when it's done with other people. :)

Latest posts

Back