How do you visualize your perfect man or woman?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The perfect guy would be helping me back up after slipping, when shouting, "SQUIRREL!" and pointing. He would then laugh and say, "LOOK. There's another!" He would neither run ahead of me or leave me behind. His voice would be deep. He would be kind.

I would like a woman that is faithful, trustworthy, enjoys having a laugh (doesn't take life too seriously), understands me and my flaws (isn't judgmental/considerate), has strong morals, that isn't active all of the time (fancies a quiet night in from time to time), supportive, somewhat social-able and that they are open to trying new things.

I'm more interested in a personality rather than looks. Looks are secondary.

Caring, loving, good humor, thoughtful, trustworthy, honest, loyal, positive, loves animals and nature etc. My boyfriend. :) <3

It feels kind of pointless to say something like this when I've never been in a relationship. but I kind of have an idea of things that I like:

Ambition - Doesn't have to want to rule the world, but I find people who don't have goals to be sad.
The ability to hold a good conversation - this is much rarer than people think it is.
Open-Mindedness - I have broad interests. Someone who can not see beyond the familiar would bore me.
Can't be a drama addict - I don't want to have to manage someone who measures their value based on how big a problem they can cause.
Ethical - I judge people on how they treat others, not on just how they treat me.

In a shallow sense, I would like someone roughly my own age. I don't like dominating (men who like younger girls) or being babied (men who like older women). I just like the idea of being able to relate to the person. Perhaps because I'm so poor with both, I would like a girl who can be fashionable and knows how to carry herself well. I would also like it if she had a similar level of education to myself.

Someone who loves my kids
willing to learn to change a nappy, even if it takes him a while to get used to it
in touch with his emotions
not getting annoyed or panicky over my emotions
always there with a hug, even if it's just a very quick hug
willing to listen, even when it takes me ages to put things into words
patient, kind, loving, loyal

Physical attributes shouldn't really matter, but both my serious boyfriends had lots of dark hair, big eyes, and, if you'll forgive me for being crude, gorgeous thighs and lovely bum. But physical attributes alone aren't really enough.

I visualize she doesn't exist. LOL.

I'm just really skeptical I guess. Seriously she would have to be pretty, fun, smart, spontaneous and have a great sense of humor.

lol, I'll be alone forever - Im about as far from "perfect" as a woman can get.
:cool: Im OK with not being anyone's "perfect" though. "Perfect" is an impossible expectation to live up to.

I think the perfect woman would be one who is tolerant, not afraid to speak her mind either. A woman who is funny and compassionate as well.

honeysuckle I hate this question, I never know the answer. Blonde, brunette, red head.... so many choices!

I guess putting physical attributes aside for now... A big one would be someone who doesn't take things too seriously, as in being able to relax and not get offended easily for honeysuckle that just doesn't matter.

Also someone who can see the forest for the trees and doesn't continually try to identify themselves. You know know those girls who are always filling out online quizzes that say "what type of so and so are you", read horoscopes religiously, are part of some militant idealist group because they want to be a part of it for the sake of saying they belong to something rather than because they carefully thought it over and felt said groups ideals matched their own. They look so egocentric, looking for ways to make themselves look "special."

fresia being special, celebrate who you already are even if it isn't something glorified.

EveWasFramed said:
:cool: Im OK with not being anyone's "perfect" though. "Perfect" is an impossible expectation to live up to.

That's another question - would you even choose your "perfect" man or woman in a real situation :p

perfanoff said:
EveWasFramed said:

That's another question - would you even choose your "perfect" man or woman in a real situation :p

Just ditch preconceived notions of what is and isn't acceptable and look at each person as an individual. :cool:

Naleena said:
What are their attributes?

Another INTJ hopefully. Here are my ideal attributes:
  • Aloof but pragmatic where it counts.
  • No ego or feelings to be hurt by jokes or intellectual debates.
  • Not constantly looking for issues with the relationship or making them up when they're not there.
  • Forward when she needs to be, but not obnoxious and loud.
  • Does not let problems with people stand, but doesn't make it a point to rub others' noses in it.
  • Understands that not everyone does everything they need to or can do all the time because we're not always perfectly rational.
  • Realizes that I'm not clairvoyant.
  • Doesn't get on my case or feel the need to straighten me out.
  • Listens to heavy metal and plays video games.
  • Has hobbies.
  • Can discuss politics and other important subjects at length.
This is all probably a pipe dream, however.

hmm...Well firstly she'd have to be sexually attracted to me. (kindof a biggie for me)
- An introvert like myself who enjoys spending time at home but doesn't mind going out every now and then
- good sense of humor, and not moody.
- can hold a conversation (it'll balance me out, since I'm not that good at it. )
- nice, caring, with a positive view of life.
- attractive (in my eyes)
- enjoys gaming and going to conventions as much as me
- honest with her viewpoints.
- caring enough to shove me in the right direction if I need a good shove.

Well, he has to be... intelligent. And by that I mean... really intelligent. I'm not more than anyone and I'm anyone to mention the stupidity of others, but there's some kind of foolish in some people that I can't stare and stay to listen. So, yeah, I want an intelligent guy above much things xD
I want him to be a bit messy and casual and carefree x) because I don't like a guy who is always worry about everything!! When I say messy I mean... he don't need to dressing nicely too much, so he can be a bit sloppy (in somethings... I discuss the details when the time comes, lol xD). Despite all that, he has to be a bit more responsible that I am... because I'm not and someone have to think sometimes xD
I want him to be happy, genuine... and I mean really happy, always smiling (genuinely), with a good sense of humor at least at my level :p well, a guy who love to joke around.
I want him to be strong, successful, independent, and very (very) manly (so I don't want him to be very shy or sensitive and I want him to say what's on his mind), but more importantly, direct, confident, and straightforward. Well, he have to be honest.

Finally, one of the most important things... he must enjoy to have long conversations with me. I mean, one of the things I REALLY like to do is talk... so he definitely has to have that in common with me.

Well, physically I would love that guy was Jensen Ackles for instance x) but I seriously doubt that so... I like green eyes, dark blonde hair maybe... I don't like too much pale skin and...... well, he must be taller than me for good and not much skinny xD

I will try to narrow down my perfect women down to fifteen characteristics or less.

She should be my physical type(I figure I would get this one out of the way first since it's obviously the most superficial). I prefer women who I consider attractive. Preferably long hair(color doesn't matter)and preferably about 5'4-6'0). I'm 6'4" so I don't want a woman too tall but not too short either.

She should be balanced. Everyone gets angry and mad sometimes but I don't want a crazy woman.

She should have ego under control. I don't want a woman who thinks she is better than me in any way shape or form. She can earn more money and be better looking as long as it doesn't go to her head.

She should be happy and positive. I like people who are positive and not negative.

She should have a sense of humor. No sense of humor means no sense of human.

She should be fun. Kind of related to the humor thing but also someone who is fun to be with and likes to have fun.

She is adventurous. She likes to explore new things, has new ideas and likes to travel. She isn't afraid of doing something new and different(not just in the bedroom either).

She is self aware. She realizes she isn't perfect(even if she is "beautiful") and is honest about who she is and who she isn't. She's able to analyze herself when necessary(most people can't do this I know).

She accepts herself. She is comfortable in her own skin. She isn't trying to be something she isn't and is ok with who she is.

She is down to earth. She's not pretentious. She's humble.

She has integrity and wont' sacrifice her values.

She is honest. I don't want a woman who blows smoke up my ass and expect the same.

She used to be a man. Just kidding. ;)

Yes, I realize many of these are similar and or related. That's just the way it goes. :)

9006 said:
EveWasFramed said:
This thread really cracks me up.

Me too. Almost feels shallow for some reason.

Well...I can certainly see why it would feel like that (based on some of the criteria).

Reading over some of the things here that people look for in their "perfect" mate really does make me realize I'll never be ANYONE's definition of "perfect." And as I said before on here, I'm OK with that. I can't imagine having to live up to some of the expectations I've seen listed in this thread. It would emotionally and mentally EXHAUST me.

Latest posts

Back