How do you visualize your perfect man or woman?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
EveWasFramed said:
This thread really cracks me up.

Me too. Almost feels shallow for some reason.

Sorry if I misunderstand, but I don't see much of a problem here. I think most people here realize it's very unlikely they'll ever meet the "perfect" man or woman they describe. It's still important to have an idea of what appeals to us though, so that we don't end up settling for anyone with a pulse.

Here here Evie! And marriage is exhausting enough without hurdles to jump over. Especially superficial ones.

The most important thing in a mate is love. Not superficial lust, like him liking my blue eyes. Love is honor, respect, honesty and support for a person. If you genuinely love your mate, it doesn't matter if they have exceptional reading skills or bulging biceps or the life of the party. It's the person who you smile when you see and the person who is your first phone call when anything of significance happens.

EveWasFramed said:
Well...I can certainly see why it would feel like that (based on some of the criteria).

Reading over some of the things here that people look for in their "perfect" mate really does make me realize I'll never be ANYONE's definition of "perfect." And as I said before on here, I'm OK with that. I can't imagine having to live up to some of the expectations I've seen listed in this thread. It would emotionally and mentally EXHAUST me.

I wouldn't worry about being someone's perfect match at all, since I don't believe this exists. Sure, everyone has their standards (some more so than others) but I think that as long as basics are covered an your mature enough to actually have a proper relationship, then it'll be fine.

You don't have to live up to anyone's standards but your own, an if they can't handle that then what does that say? Have a bit of self-discipline an move on, there's never gonna be a shortage.

Revengineer said:
Sorry if I misunderstand, but I don't see much of a problem here. I think most people here realize it's very unlikely they'll ever meet the "perfect" man or woman they describe. It's still important to have an idea of what appeals to us though, so that we don't end up settling for anyone with a pulse.

There is no problem.

Someone who doesn't screw other people, or isn't a grumpy *******, who is curious about the world and has enthusiasm. I want someone who can give me belly laughs, who is happy and proud to be with me, and has good hygiene, especially in their genitalia and armpit area. I dated someone who I adored but their penis smelled like rotton broccoli, marinated in sour milk and ammonia, no matter how hard we had it tested or scrubbed.

After all that discussion ^ I just thought, the "perfect" man for me would be one who'd love me for me.. and accept me the way I am. Doesn't have to be everything about me.. but most parts enough to override the negative parts of me.

For some reason this just makes me sad..

My perfect woman would be a shape/race shifting chamaeleon that speaks every Earth language fluently with perfect accents, is both dominant and submissive, drinks both beer and wine but prefers beer, loves Placebo as much as I do, in fact likes all the music I like as much as I do and also has more to introduce me to. Boobs, butt, hips size etc vary from quite skinny to quite large depending on what kind of mood I'm in, or even have some kind of psychic connection with my subconscious, actually predicting my desires at that point in time, offering me potentially new fetishes that I hadn't ever thought about. Sometimes needs me to open jars for her, but not always. Has a few perfect imperfections, like a cute little crooked feature that gives some physical personality. Farts occasionally, but not more than me. Isn't afraid to belch after drinking beer or lemonade. Is extremely hilarious with an excellent sense of humour, but isn't funnier than me. Hates fake tan, new school hippies, Dubstep and talking about politics as much as I do. Encourages me in my endeavors, praises me when I succeed, comforts me when I fail. Has her independence, a sturdy mind but a history of mental illness so she has first-hand empathy to put up with mine.

This of course would make it all too easy and I'd probably be left feeling unfulfilled, so some of these things would have to be at random - I believe she'd have to annoy me at some point or other so I could feel what it would be like to almost lose her and appreciate having her in my life a whole lot more than I did when we first met, and also the epic makeup sex.

painter's radio, you made me laugh x'D

---x---
btw, I forgot one detail... I want him to love coffee as much as I do :D
and he don't need to smoke but he can't bother me because I do. It really piss me of when someone says to me to don't smoke.

Jéssica Soares said:

---x---
and he don't need to smoke but he can't bother me because I do. It really piss me of when someone says to me to don't smoke.

Don't smoke.

Hardworking, goal and family oriented, reasonably intelligent, cares about her body, strong in the face of adversity, honest. As far as looks I'm not seeking a model type but I'd go for some height, between 5'7 and 6'0, and curves are always good but not at extreme levels:)

Rosebolt said:
Jéssica Soares said:

---x---

Don't smoke.

Really? o_O

Look, just head to the 'Let's see the faces', find me. There you go, perfect man already visualised.

And I am modest as well, the complete package.

:p

Edward W said:
Look, just head to the 'Let's see the faces', find me. There you go, perfect man already visualised.

This ^^ coming from a man who was arrested for dancing naked? :p

EveWasFramed said:
rdor said:
Good child-bearing hips.

*chokes laughing*

giggle.gif

EveWasFramed said:
Edward W said:

This ^^ coming from a man who was arrested for dancing naked? :p

giggle.gif

Edward W said:

You really remind me a friend of mine. He's always with that kind of comments xD

I'm looking for a woman that:
doesn't take life too seriously (a woman that has a sense of humour), understands that I'm not perfect, that will trust me and that I can trust her, has an interesting personality, will give me space from time to time (not smothering), will listen, is somewhat independent, will fight for the relationship and has similar principles/morals as me. Looks aren't as important to me as a personality. :)

Hearmenow2012 said:
doesn't take life too seriously (a woman that has a sense of humour), understands that I'm not perfect, that will trust me and that I can trust her, has an interesting personality, will give me space from time to time (not smothering), will listen, is somewhat independent, will fight for the relationship and has similar principles/morals as me. Looks aren't as important to me as a personality. :)

ahahah, that's me :p

(kidding :D )

Jéssica Soares said:
Hearmenow2012 said:

ahahah, that's me :p

(kidding :D )

That made me laugh :D

Maybe you are? I wouldn't know ;)

Latest posts

Back