How Long Have You Been Single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSolitaryMan said:
So my relationship status is more like "Hopeless Nubcake". I wish I could put that on my Facebook, actually :D

Delicious nubcake for the ladies :D

Long enough so that as of last night, I experienced my friends' attempts to get me laid. Not in such crude terms, of course and I do appreciate the sentiment, but it makes me feel kind of pathetic.

it'll be 5 years now in a couple months, if you consider going as far as holding hands with a guy a relationship

Well technically now 6 months. I saw someone that I met through a dating site in March this year and it just didn't work out in the end. Before that I was single for 10 years and before that since I was 11.

The worst part for me was the earlier years, no fu**ing fooling. That honeysuckle hurt. Now I'm still the hopless romantic I've always been and will be, but at least I broke the cycle for a bit.

I've been single my whole life. I've had a very small relationship once, but it didn't amount to anything. In the past 3 months, I've slept with 2 women (the only 2 women I've ever done that with), but I'm young and free and shut and sleep with me <3. Hehe, a good song for my mind.

That Guy said:
I've been alone for 3 years now. I'm feeling worse and worse about it all the time. I just don't know what to do. How long has everyone else been alone?

....... I am married..... yet still alone.

38+ years
(I won't count the imaginary relationship I thought I was in but turns out i wasn't in.)

seems like I've been single for whole my life and .. I feel like it's going to be forever, I devoid of any deeper feelings

my last "girlfriend" was in the 4th grade and that was 16 years ago.

I've been single for 12 years. I dumped the one and only girlfriend I ever had in 1999. I haven't had a girlfriend this century! In retrospect, it's my own fault I'm single because I dumped my girlfriend. I didn't love her, nor did I have any feelings for her. When I was thinking about sex, I wasn't thinking about her, and when I was thinking about her, I wasn't thinking about sex. Back then, I had hope that I would meet someone who shared mutual attraction with me. That's what I got for hoping, I should have stuck with what I had.

2 and half years. Was in a relationship for 4 and a half years and by the end of it, we couldn't stand each other. So we decided to end it civilly. We still talk to each other to this day.

Latest posts

Back