I don't like people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't feel too different from people in high school or college. Different yes, but not to the point where it really consumed me. I went to a very conservative, military college, and I was more liberal in this regard, but still I was able to make a few friends.

For me it started during medical school and residency. You see these people around you are just quite barbaric, sort of this combination of greed, vanity, and yet vulgarity at the same time. You will be around doctors who, after rounds, neglect and make fun of their patients and talk about college football for hours. Now, I am no saint, but the point is commitment.

The way I look at it is, I forgive humanity for being who they are, but I'm not that interested anymore in the same old BS. I'm sort of like George Carlin in that regard.

It is funny.. I often feel like something happened and there is like 50% of the population that are like these insane aliens. My facebook page always has friends putting up slogans to that effect. I think I would be happy if I could find like 1 state with people like me but it always seems ruined by these *things* I always feel like everything in this world is ruined by these creatures and it is very hard to get away from them.

I do think it is possible that is is much worse in cities.

You will be around doctors who, after rounds, neglect and make fun of their patients and talk about college football for hours.

I have always suspected this. One reason I hate doctors and I try to avoid them at all costs. But, my profession is no better. Evil vile people. Concerned only with their only career. Went I went in... I had no illusions but it far exceeded my own negative expectations.

LonelySutton said:
It is funny.. I often feel like something happened and there is like 50% of the population that are like these insane aliens. My facebook page always has friends putting up slogans to that effect. I think I would be happy if I could find like 1 state with people like me but it always seems ruined by these *things* I always feel like everything in this world is ruined by these creatures and it is very hard to get away from them.

I do think it is possible that it is much worse in cities.

I feel you and it saddens me.

I am having one of those days where I don't like people either (though In general I dislike people). People just seem evil and selfish. They are rarely kind, genuine or giving. It makes it difficult for me to want to exist in this world having to face that. My first instinct is always to help and be kind to others. Why others aren't the same, I don't know but they make this world harsh to live in.

Trust me, there is not much behind the mask, that`s why they pretend.

Tiina63 said:
I have felt like an alien for many years, so you are not alone. I think part of it is that people generally put on a social mask when they meet others, and don't let people see what it behind the mask. We tend to believe what other people show us of themselves and as most people hide their insecurites, loneliness and pain, we assume that they ARE the competant and happy mask which they are wearing.

I mostly like people, but most people don't like me… I don't feel like an alien, I know I am
where is that **** spaceship?

SophiaGrace said:
I am having one of those days where I don't like people either (though In general I dislike people). People just seem evil and selfish. They are rarely kind, genuine or giving. It makes it difficult for me to want to exist in this world having to face that. My first instinct is always to help and be kind to others. Why others aren't the same, I don't know but they make this world harsh to live in.

a lot of people aren't necessarily evil but rather emotionally limited and not very smart… ok, a few are just evil

I do feel like an alien. No one wants me, but the world doesn't even have the heart to justify misanthropy by having everyone overtly dislike and mistreat me. Online friends flee when meeting me, but baristas will still chat to me, instructors will still joke with me, and classmates will still say hello outside of class on occasion. I enjoy those things as my social life, but it's a giant middle finger reminding me of what I can never have, no matter how much I improve anxiety, how much I work on my social skills, or how much I try to be a more considerate person.

However, I do like people. Most of the ones I meet day-to-day have a good sense of humor. Of course, I'm also taking classes at a school that often gives us free food, and it's hard to dislike a woman who expresses how glad she is to see women in IT and then gives you coffee and a donut.

Latest posts

Back