I feel that I'm vasting my youth/life away

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vladimir Putin

Reaction score
I remember turning 20. I realized that I had wasted my childhood. Never had a girlfriend or any friends. Missed out on good times.

When I turn 25 I expect the same feeling. I have lost my youth. No hollidays with friends to some coastal town to party and swim. No making out at a party.

Instead I played computer games. I hate computer games, but they keep your mind of things.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

And it makes me sad. :(

It's never too late to start now. You're still very young, and still have your whole life ahead of you. Go out and have some fun.

VanillaCreme said:
It's never too late to start now. You're still very young, and still have your whole life ahead of you. Go out and have some fun.

With whom?

Well I think you need to find some mates.
You can esperance things with out mates though.
But I know the sort of thing you mean when you are on about road trips and stuff.
Think VanillaCreme was just trying to make the point that you are still young and have plenty of youth left in you yet.

You know when you hear old stories that ppl tell about parties and weekends away there never as good as they sound.
ppl exaggerate and even remember things being madder and better then there was.

You should not regret the past. Just try and be happy in where your at. Other ppl are not bothered about what you have done only what you are going to do. Jone a dating site and look for friends if not even a GF. Maybe go on a college course ether at night or in day. Something where you well met other ppl. I would say at 20 there be lots of ppl in college about your age. Even if you don't wont to study well that don't matter. Go do yoga or something. other ppl do stuff like that not for the coursers but for the ppl as well. Just keep trying but in a laid back and easy going manna and it well only be time be for you make friends.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you missed out...):
My youth was spent being bullied away, and even though I've improved myself, I have no friends for company.
I kept on focusing on the "missed experiences" in my life as I watched others around me have them.
Now, I don't feel as down about it, but it's the holidays that get to me sometimes.
You can open yourself up to opportunity to meet new people, but it is better not to have expectations.
For myself, I had a very challenging time trying to make friends despite my strong efforts.
Whatever you do, I wish you the best and hope you have a better and easier time than I did.
I know it may not be much, but you always have a listening ear here.
***hug***
:)

Vladimir Putin said:
I remember turning 20. I realized that I had wasted my childhood. Never had a girlfriend or any friends. Missed out on good times.

When I turn 25 I expect the same feeling. I have lost my youth. No hollidays with friends to some coastal town to party and swim. No making out at a party.

Instead I played computer games. I hate computer games, but they keep your mind of things.

I also wasted the best years of my life utterly alone, playing video games. You're right, that's exactly what they do: take your mind off the fact that you're ummm, well, wasting the best years of your life.

The good news is that there is something you can do. The bad news is that it's very difficult for people like us and I guarantee that you will repeatedly fail and want to give up and go back to playing video games. Do I even have to say what it is? No one can give you the strength to do it: not friends, family, therapists, or anonymous people on the internet. You will either find the strength inside yourself or not.

i know EXACTLY how you feel. i am not looking forward to the big 30 in a year and a half for this exact reason. i have spent so much time playing video games probably because they are my escape from this world that i feel like i dont have a place in. right now though i have no desire to play anything, been like that for 2 weeks. its SO weird for me to say that. i am in a weird place right now and i think it has to do with how i feel about someone. i have no idea what to do about anything right now.

Luna said:
I'm sorry to hear that you feel that you missed out...):
My youth was spent being bullied away, and even though I've improved myself, I have no friends for company.
I kept on focusing on the "missed experiences" in my life as I watched others around me have them.
Now, I don't feel as down about it, but it's the holidays that get to me sometimes.
You can open yourself up to opportunity to meet new people, but it is better not to have expectations.
For myself, I had a very challenging time trying to make friends despite my strong efforts.
Whatever you do, I wish you the best and hope you have a better and easier time than I did.
I know it may not be much, but you always have a listening ear here.
***hug***
:)
Thanks
andrew732 said:
Vladimir Putin said:

I also wasted the best years of my life utterly alone, playing video games. You're right, that's exactly what they do: take your mind off the fact that you're ummm, well, wasting the best years of your life.

The good news is that there is something you can do. The bad news is that it's very difficult for people like us and I guarantee that you will repeatedly fail and want to give up and go back to playing video games. Do I even have to say what it is? No one can give you the strength to do it: not friends, family, therapists, or anonymous people on the internet. You will either find the strength inside yourself or not.
What is it? You mean a "change of mind?"
edgecrusher said:
i know EXACTLY how you feel. i am not looking forward to the big 30 in a year and a half for this exact reason. i have spent so much time playing video games probably because they are my escape from this world that i feel like i dont have a place in. right now though i have no desire to play anything, been like that for 2 weeks. its SO weird for me to say that. i am in a weird place right now and i think it has to do with how i feel about someone. i have no idea what to do about anything right now.
:(

Vladimir Putin said:
VanillaCreme said:

With whom?

With yourself perhaps. I find it relaxing to spend a day having fun all by myself. Gets me away from it all, if only for one day.

Wow, 20 is pretty young O.O;; my ex-boyfriend is about to turn 20, and he's excited about life.
You should definitely get some hobbies, Go out and party on your own, until you meet someone :D
Since I always ask why to everything, why do you think your life ended up like that? Why play computer games?

Caroline said:
Wow, 20 is pretty young O.O;; my ex-boyfriend is about to turn 20, and he's excited about life.
You should definitely get some hobbies, Go out and party on your own, until you meet someone :D
Since I always ask why to everything, why do you think your life ended up like that? Why play computer games?

I'm not 20...

Life turned out like this cause of many personal reasons.

Caroline said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I just re-read the first sentence of your post >.<!!
You remember turning 20....my bad. :X

You said you had an x?

I really feel out of place here. I joined this site a year ago. But I left it since everyone was saying that they had friends.

You people are not lonely, you might feel lonely, but you're not.

Yup, I do have an ex. Currently, I don't really have any friends. I lost them after I broke up with my boyfriend. Guess they weren't really true friends. And I'm transferring high school, so I deleted my facebook to get away from all the kids in my school. I am pretty lonely, and my personality doesn't really like that. I'm going crazy actually @__@;;

Vladimir Putin said:
Caroline said:
Oh, I'm sorry. I just re-read the first sentence of your post >.<!!
You remember turning 20....my bad. :X

You said you had an x?

I really feel out of place here. I joined this site a year ago. But I left it since everyone was saying that they had friends.

You people are not lonely, you might feel lonely, but you're not.

You can't speak for everyone. You don't know what's really going on in people's lives, or why they're even here. I'm not lonely, yet I'm here. So, don't think you know exactly what's going on when you really don't.

Caroline said:
Yup, I do have an ex. Currently, I don't really have any friends. I lost them after I broke up with my boyfriend. Guess they weren't really true friends. And I'm transferring high school, so I deleted my facebook to get away from all the kids in my school. I am pretty lonely, and my personality doesn't really like that. I'm going crazy actually @__@;;

Oh, sorry, I appologize for my manners. I lost my friends too. Mine where real friends, I where not. They tried to contact me for two years!
:(

Latest posts

Back