I hate to be pessimistic, but there isn't always someone waiting for you.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

njlonelydude

Plenty of people out there are going to spend their lives alone -- I know I'm one of them.

I don't know why we're fed this bullshit of, "you'll find someone special for you," because when you hear those words you know there's no one out there for you.

Sorry, I have nothing more to say than that.

You know, there are so many people out there you would be compatible with, that you could be in love with. But yeah, they probably aren't waiting for you in particular. So go out and advertise yourself, make the moves. Don't give up yet.

You're right, some people will spend their lives alone. That statement people say is not true for some people. They don't know. But there's no way in knowing if you will be one of those guys alone forever. If you want it not to be you, you know what you have to do. It may take years of work meeting people, dating, failure, and frustration. Or, maybe it will be none of that. You don't know, I don't know, and neither does anybody else.

I probably couldnt meet a women even if i tryed, being rediculously shy and ugly as hell.

downbythebay said:
You're right, some people will spend their lives alone. That statement people say is not true for some people. They don't know. But there's no way in knowing if you will be one of those guys alone forever. If you want it not to be you, you know what you have to do. It may take years of work meeting people, dating, failure, and frustration. Or, maybe it will be none of that. You don't know, I don't know, and neither does anybody else.

If you actively looking for someone, and you keep on getting up and going at it despite the rejections, the awkwardness, and all the negative emotional feedbacks... sure you will find someone... but what happens if you keep failing for years?? how many people can actually tank all that negative emotion without succumbing to depression at one point?

It's just a frustrating statement that people who had/have someone say all the time ... they're happy in their own little bubble and they can't relate to you at all especially, if you have some kind of social insecurity holding you back... either you force yourself to fit into what societies image of a good bachelor to find someone or stick with being alone .... some people are just natural womanizers from birth... life's just soo unfair :(

Sway said:
downbythebay said:

If you actively looking for someone, and you keep on getting up and going at it despite the rejections, the awkwardness, and all the negative emotional feedbacks... sure you will find someone... but what happens if you keep failing for years?? how many people can actually tank all that negative emotion without succumbing to depression at one point?

It's just a frustrating statement that people who had/have someone say all the time ... they're happy in their own little bubble and they can't relate to you at all especially, if you have some kind of social insecurity holding you back... either you force yourself to fit into what societies image of a good bachelor to find someone or stick with being alone .... some people are just natural womanizers from birth... life's just soo unfair :(

Sway, why'd you quote my post? not gettin the correlation dude
Sure, you can fail for years and get depressed, never said you couldn't because I have myself

Sway said:
downbythebay said:

Being a womanizer really isn't impressive in my opinion. You're essentially a hunter looking for prey -- basically you're looking for a gal who's going to be an easy lay. I'm sure I could find easy targets to go to bed with, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, I won't find who I'm looking for because I'm too shy or too stupid to meet anyone.

VanillaCreme said:
njlonelydude said:
VanillaCreme said:
I'll wait for myself then.

*insert masturbation joke*

What?

LOL!

Okay, my topic mentions "someone special waiting for you." And you said, "I'll wait for myself then," which I interpreted as saying "I'm the special one for me," which is an act of self love...which is also masturbation.

Wow, I guess the way I construct a thought is messed up.

SophiaGrace said:
I am not expecting anyone to be waiting for me.

I have to go and find them. :)

But what if they call the cops on you for stalking them :p

njlonelydude said:
SophiaGrace said:
I am not expecting anyone to be waiting for me.

I have to go and find them. :)

But what if they call the cops on you for stalking them :p

I'll go and hide in their closet if they call the cops. :p

Thank you for answering my question. Btw, people come here looking for an outlet out of their lonliness, they don't need negative things bringing them down.

Plenty of women are waiting for me to come into their lives. And plenty of them are not.

A lovely lady from either one of those groups could end up being my future mate.

'Nuff said.

discolemonade said:
Thank you for answering my question. Btw, people come here looking for an outlet out of their lonliness, they don't need negative things bringing them down.

Not everyone here can post the exact things that make everyone happy like Badjedidude... ^that is a good line xD ... most people who are lonely want to rant out and say what they don't say in real life.... we can't really just deny them the chance to say anything just cuz it might be negative... If it's negative go quote and correct it! then you just gone and made 2 people happy in one post!

I think if you're realistic with yourself about who you can get and who you can't (and don't go for people way out of your league) and also realize that there are PLENTY of people that you could be attracted to who feel the same way as you do (like they'll never find anyone), that you can find someone that you'll be happy with eventually. You just can't give up and have to make sure you aren't ignoring people who could be good for you in order to pursue girls who every other guy likes and you have much less of a chance with.

Yes, I've met people who spent their life alone and never got married, but all the people that I met who were that way told me that they preferred it that way.

And you have to realize that your romantic life is always going to be a long string of rejections and/or failed relationships before you find the right one. That's how it is for everyone because when you have a successful relationship, then it's always your last one. (Unless of course that person dies and you get remarried, but you know what I mean!)

Sway said:
discolemonade said:

Not everyone here can post the exact things that make everyone happy like Badjedidude... ^that is a good line xD ... most people who are lonely want to rant out and say what they don't say in real life.... we can't really just deny them the chance to say anything just cuz it might be negative... If it's negative go quote and correct it! then you just gone and made 2 people happy in one post!

And I understand that you want to rant, so go ahead. But THIS makes it seems like it applys to everyone.

Latest posts

Back