I just hate people...and I don't know what to do.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stars

I don't know what it is...but hearing someone raise their voice at me...yell at me...even if it's not personal - it just makes my blood boil. I HATE IT.

People are ******* selfish, rude, entitled and irritating!!!
I don't know how to stop these feelings!! I want to learn to cope better because people cause me STRESS when they do those things to me. Ya, I know people say, "Don't take it personal" but I don't know how to stop how my heart and head feels...right away, I feel angry and pissed off and find myself hating these people right away.
A lot of this is work-related because of the miserable clients I deal with...but even if someone cuts me in front of the line and then argues with me - it sends me through the roof!!! I don't show my anger actually...but it explodes internally. I keep very calm on the surface, but inside, I have headaches, dizziness, anxiety, stress, back pain and everything and more...I feel depressed and furious when people put me down like that.

I don't know what to do...how do I cope? I don't know how to simply "let it roll off"...or change my mindset because again, I can't stop the emotion that comes but of course I understand coping with it...but if there's some way to prevent the issue in me from happening in the first place...I'm just so angry at the rudeness of people and how inconsiderate everyone is!!! I hate people...I'm so angry and unhappy to be around them...if everyone was kind and civil, then I'd be happy. I like to resolve things in a civil manner...not this aggressive rudeness and stupid over-inflated sense of self-worth and entitlement that everyone shoves in my face...

We're just animals. We redefine the law of the jungle to suit our own needs. Predator, Prey, looking out for ones own. well, some of us don't even do that much. We're worse then animals. We kill for sport. Someone ought to start a club, the "I just hate people" club. I wonder what kind of people would join. I wonder if they would do any better.

And I know what you mean. I grew up with people yelling at me and each other all the time. Really brings out the animal inside...

As a whole, people are very disappointing, but not every person needs to be. One can always start by setting an example and knowing that at least you are different.

That said, it sounds like conflict stresses you out very much? And why do you hide your anger if it is not necessary? If people are rude and inconsiderate, there's no need for you to be particularly nice to them. Let them have it.

Stars said:
I don't know what it is...but hearing someone raise their voice at me...yell at me...even if it's not personal - it just makes my blood boil. I HATE IT.

People are ******* selfish, rude, entitled and irritating!!!
I don't know how to stop these feelings!! I want to learn to cope better because people cause me STRESS when they do those things to me. Ya, I know people say, "Don't take it personal" but I don't know how to stop how my heart and head feels...right away, I feel angry and pissed off and find myself hating these people right away.
A lot of this is work-related because of the miserable clients I deal with...but even if someone cuts me in front of the line and then argues with me - it sends me through the roof!!! I don't show my anger actually...but it explodes internally. I keep very calm on the surface, but inside, I have headaches, dizziness, anxiety, stress, back pain and everything and more...I feel depressed and furious when people put me down like that.

I don't know what to do...how do I cope? I don't know how to simply "let it roll off"...or change my mindset because again, I can't stop the emotion that comes but of course I understand coping with it...but if there's some way to prevent the issue in me from happening in the first place...I'm just so angry at the rudeness of people and how inconsiderate everyone is!!! I hate people...I'm so angry and unhappy to be around them...if everyone was kind and civil, then I'd be happy. I like to resolve things in a civil manner...not this aggressive rudeness and stupid over-inflated sense of self-worth and entitlement that everyone shoves in my face...

I could have wrote this. As I've seasoned with time (hmmm, I actually like that one) I've developed a sense of humor to deal with the jackasses of the world. It works for the most part until someone starts that god-awful yelling to express themselves, still trying to deal with that one (I often think "it's clobbering time" when someone yells).

ahhh i hate it too. The only way i've found to deal with it without stooping to their level is to feel compassion for them, they are stressed slaves to our sociaty of perfermance.
I cant keep it in, it hurts too much, i deserve better treatment and no one has the right to treat me that way. So... i calmly say, fresia OFF, with a smile. That startles them lol

This might sound funny but this is how I try to overcome my weaknesses specially in aspects of emotions. If you have faith or as people call it religion, pray about it and submit your anger to the god you praise. As I am a Christian, that is how I deal with it. But I think, some people will see religion as not being necessary. Praying is also like meditating. So meditate on these repulsive feelings that eventually pile up in you. Find a process where you can release the negative feelings like (this one I did during my early late teens) writing all your feelings, anger and all in a word document. Save it or delete it. Keep rewriting it while the negative feeling is still there until you've fully expressed it and overcame it. Word document suits me well as writing in paper cos when I am angry, I tend to write/type fast.

It's also helpful to find ways to distract yourself from thinking too much of what people say and how they act. Before I was very sensitive about what other people say or do that I over analyse it often, ( I still do it now but for those who know me, trust me, I was worse back then (d) ) One way that worked for me somehow is this...when I find myself over thinking about a certain situation like...''what could she meant by that? Was she mad at me? was that a subtle slap? hmmmmmm''... I stop myself before I develop bad feelings towards that person by just giving myself a kick like saying ..HA!.. out loud or singing a song out loud just to distract your strain of thoughts. That's how it works for me, but I don't know if it's helpful for others as well. It's just basically finding what works for you.

At the end of the day, always remember that negative feelings will only add up to your frustrations, being upset, or being angry and those are always bad feelings to bear. Sometimes people just say bad things and they didn't mean it to be that way, it's also their weakness at bad communication or tactlessness. Cos it's true, sometimes it's not personal. But there are also situations where you know you just have to defend yourself and tell that person he/she can't shout at you, that's better than keeping it cool at first and then sucking the negative emotions in.

I hate people too. Rude people really piss me off. Like when you hold a door open for some dumb ***** and they don't even say think you, or when you wave and say hello to someone and they flat out ignore you. honeysuckle like that pisses me off completely which is why I mind my own business. It doesn't mean I'm not polite, because I am, but I know who not to talk to.
I think you should manage your temper. I understand how you feel but at the same time, you have to realize that these bastards that are rude probably don't even know you. It's not worth getting all worked up over someone who offended you and went their merry way.

You ask some good questions Star, I often wonder how people just let things roll off of them too. I've asked people who can do that, they can't explain it they just do. It comes naturally to them.

I hear you all on this. People can drive me crazy - and especially at work, there are times when you can't say what you want to say without losing your job. When I get angry and can't say anything I tend to grit my teeth - it got so bad a couple years ago that my jaw constantly hurt; it helped, whenever I noticed I was getting upset with someone to unclench my jaw - that not only helped save my teeth/jaw, but also calmed me down because I was more focused on how I was reacting instead of what I was reacting to.
I don't know if this helps (because I still can't let a lot of things roll off me, although it's not as bad as it was), but it helped me.

"I hate people". Yawn. People who say that are often a bit full of themselves.
But I guess you're referring to the people you happen to encounter...

I guessed its natural for any normal human being to be pissed off in such situations. But for me, I used to curse and swear at them inside my mind but then there are just too many. So now I cant be bothered. Why let others determine your mood?

Changing perspective helps. Start seeing people in a more positive light. Let things roll. Meditation is a tool that helps. There is a Buddhist meditation called Loving-Kindness. First you start by loving yourself. You can't love anybody else unless you love yourself first.

Then you think of people close to you and you send them positive thoughts. All the while breathing in positive energy and blowing out negative. Then think of your neighbors. Your friends. People you work with. People you see on the street. And finally, your enemies. Always giving everyone loving-kindness.

With practice, this tool reduces stress and changes your view of people. Which then changes the way people behave. It's all energy. What you put out is what you get back.

Bo

I am starting to get to that point myself and the main reason I want to change the type of job I do.

I find my job increasingly more frustrating. I find myself constantly muttering under my breath lately after some customers leave and then immediately feel guilty because of it.

I have and while I can ignore most of the reason as it has more in how I perceive that person(I believe them to be dumb). I know not everyone keeps up on understanding the new electronics but are color coded connections labeled "in" and "out" really all that hard.

Is there a reason for these feelings?
Think about what really sets you off and ask yourself why?
I have always found anger begets more anger so i always try to deal calmly with people.

Wish I could provide you more insight.

Xerin said:
I am starting to get to that point myself and the main reason I want to change the type of job I do.

I find my job increasingly more frustrating. I find myself constantly muttering under my breath lately after some customers leave and then immediately feel guilty because of it.

But, but... you're muttering under your breath AFTER the customers leave. What's to feel guilty about that? You clearly exhibited self control after dealing with lots of people. So good for you.

To OP. Meh, do whatever you like: hate people, but don't be mean and make it fun.

Latest posts

Back