I know nothing about girls, need some advice..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey OP, it looks like she wasn't ignoring you after all. :)

I agree with everyone so far who's replied to you so far... Give her some space. If you send her a text, leave it at that, wait for her to contact you. I know it sounds hard but yeah, just try.

If you keep trying to contact her, you may come across as "desperate" or some other description ("over bearing", "clingy" etc... girls are pretty good at sensing that). Girls like their space... I think people in general like their own space from time to time, really.

I'm probably the worst person to try and give out relationship advice but... try and just, go with the flow, with this friend of yours. Spend time with them when you can, enjoy your time with them and have fun. Remember, sometimes she won't be available to hang out (she has a life of her own) and I'm sure sometimes you may get busy too... whether it's family, friends, work, or maybe you might want your own time every now and then... I don't know and sorry to make assumptions. :p

A lot of people say that if you're interested in someone, if you're attracted to them, you should show them, but be careful and subtle about it. Give them a nice smile, stand or sit near them, touch them when appropriate... maybe a brush on the shoulder, a playful bump... just nothing too forward or they may get a bit uncomfortable! Your body language says a lot about you and who you're with.

With all this being said... don't rush into things. Don't spill your feelings out to her and don't say or do anything too drastic. Good things to be built, such as relationships, require time and a solid foundation to build... otherwise it's just gonna fall.

Good luck. :)

Yea, I try and show her I care, ask her how she is, how her day went, offer support when shes stressed or sad, etc. She acts really friendly though. Like, last weekend we were walking around downtown. I sat on a cement wall thing to check out where the restaurant we wanted to go to was, and of all the paces to sit, she sat right next to me, like really close, not even any room for me to move my left arm. Or like, in the movie, she sat right next to me and leaned in real close to me. Not sure if that was her dropping hints, or if she’s just really touchy-feely and friendly.. And that’s what sucks is I can’t tell what’s going on, what she’s thinking about. And I don’t want to just flat out ask ‘are you interested in me?’…

I’m leaving town in 5 days, for 3 weeks. So that will suck. We won’t get to hang out at all until I get back. Maybe that will make her want to hang out even more though.. Ah well, guess I can still call her and see how she’s doing, out of state..

Man, just touch her genitally area after you've done stuff with her (wathced movie...etc). That'll tell you fi shes interested

Not sure touching her inappropriately will bring good results. I’ll just let things happen as they happen. Hopefully, she feels the same about me as I do about her.

I don't want to put ideas into your head, but to me yeah, it really does sound like she is at the very least, comfortable to be around you. If she's doing things like sitting right next to you, leaning in toward you and stuff like that then... for sure, she is at the very least, comfortable with being with you and around you. Sounds like she enjoys her time with you... that's good! :)

I honestly don't know what the thing to do from there is. I am absolutely terrible with girls like that... I can only tell if they're interested in me if they're... how do I say, overly forward and dead obvious about it... and those who have shown me interest in that way, I was not attracted to at all. :(

I think trying to take it slow and just seeing where it goes is a good idea and a good plan. It sucks you have to be away from her for a long duration but try to avoid texting/calling her everyday. Maybe for the first day or two, let her call/text you... if nothing, well then give her a buzz, but don't do it everyday or anything.

I can understand and relate to your situation. It's very difficult to not want to try and tell them how you feel and ask how they feel, but at the same time I guess... I've been told you have to let things flow naturally... I don't quite get it myself but, maybe you'll have better luck and success than me.

Again good luck. :)

Yea, at some points, and I don’t want to sound like an a--, but at some points I felt like asking her to back away a little.. Made me kind uncomfortable at times, because I 1) didn’t know what she was doing and 2) never had a girl get that close before, so it kind of freaked me out lol. Never even had anyone ever get that far in my 'personal bubble' before..

I may just call her on saturdays/sundays while I’m gone, since she has no work and no school that might mean she would be more available to talk, but then again I never know. But yea, with finals and sh-t now, I figure I’ll just leave her be during the week.

EmptyFaces_EmptyEyes said:
Yea, at some points, and I don’t want to sound like an a--, but at some points I felt like asking her to back away a little.. Made me kind uncomfortable at times, because I 1) didn’t know what she was doing and 2) never had a girl get that close before, so it kind of freaked me out lol. Never even had anyone ever get that far in my 'personal bubble' before..

I may just call her on saturdays/sundays while I’m gone, since she has no work and no school that might mean she would be more available to talk, but then again I never know. But yea, with finals and sh-t now, I figure I’ll just leave her be during the week.

Instead of hesitating and overthinking so much (and ya you are overthinking and over analyzing everything), why not call her and ask her if she wants to do something on the weekend. Maybe she is busy...etc but sitting here writing on a forum isn't where you'll find your answer

We cant do anything this weekend anyway, I leave on thursday for 3 weeks. I'll call her while im out of town tho, see how shes doing, sorta show her I care a little, I guess.

We were making plans to ride on a bike trail some, have a study/dinner thing, but now she won’t respond to anything I send her. She usually responds to my text right away, it’ll be 5 or 10 minutes at most. I sent her a message yesterday morning, and nothing.

Did she say she was "busy"? Based on my experience, if so, it's over.
I have a broken record of this. Female talks a lot online. We get along. Things are great. Suddenly she says she is busy. She vanishes to never be heard from again. If I do finally hear from her, she goes into a rant saying she is busy and she never wants to hear from me again.
It's gotten quite comical.

Now, in terms of what women want. I have no idea. Neither do they. All I know is they want someone like me but they would never want someone like me. It's very strange to hear women say they want the qualities that I have but then if asked why they don't want to date me, it's because of those exact same qualities. Once again, can't help but laugh.

Yea man, I understand that feeling. A lot of girls want a good guy, but dont, or dont end up with one.. Then when they end up with a ******, they wonder why the world sucks for them, and why they cant find a 'good guy'. It sucks..

She has never said that she was busy, but it seems that way to me. When she called to tell me her dad was in twn, she sounded rushed, so I have no idea what was going on there either. All she said was that her dad was in town, she was super excited, and that she couldnt hang out this weekend.

I guess either way, in time I will know where it is going. Just hopefully I come out on top this time, and not my usual stroke of bad luck..

What about Skype? I know she uses Skype she told me before about it. Would it be going to far if I tried talking to her over that? To make it a little more personal? That would be cool to use since i'll be out of town and wont see her for 3 weeks.. Or should I just stick to phone calls/text right now?

What about Skype? I know she uses Skype she told me before about it. Would it be going to far if I tried talking to her over that? To make it a little more personal? That would be cool to use since i'll be out of town and wont see her for 3 weeks.. Or should I just stick to phone calls/text right now?

I say try to stick with the phone, whether it be calling or text. :)

Latest posts

Back