I like this site but sometimes it reminds me of school.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CAS

Reaction score
You have the popular, cool ones that are liked by everybody.

The mediocre ones that are known to a lesser extent but still pretty much liked.

And the really unpopular ones that everyone either hates or simply ignores.

This clique shows up in the chatroom more than anywhere which is the main reason I dont use it, but it is also visible on the boards on occasion.

At school I was the one who got ignored all the time, and nothing seems to change for me.

I think that happens on any website. It seems to be human nature to pair off into groups, even if it's done unintentionally. I'm usually in the group that gets ignored too :p

Yeah, when the chatroom's really crowded . . . everybody's usually having their own conversations.

Try coming around this time at night (whatever time it is for you now. . . you can see the time I posted this :D) . . or in the morning.
It's not nearly as crowded . . and we're usually bored :p.

I'd love it if you came :).

The chat room is just full of people who want to talk more and socialize. So yeah, they may develop a closer rapport, or have a few inside jokes between them, but no one here is excluded from using the chat room. It's just something you're choosing not to participate in. If I recall correctly, you popped into chat once briefly, then proceeded to make a thread about how unimpressed you were with the whole affair :p

CAS--
Anytime you have more than 2 or 3 folks assembled, darn near anywhere, you're going to have bonds form at different rates and to varying degrees, between different personalities. The secret is to stick around long enough to find your own niche. Asking questions and then really reading the answers and thoughts conveyed by others helps you to see where and with whom you'd be happiest. Most important is to put your own thoughts out there to be read by others. In a group this size, there is bound to be a good fit with some folks. It's also a good idea to make threads and then reply to those who've posted on it. Don't be afraid to send folks you find especially interesting a PM. Some may not respond, but that's ok too. You can never assume that someone is just ignoring you on a forum because sometimes they just haven't been here that day or were distracted with something else.
I have a coma-patients basic, easy-going nature and am very accepting of diversity. I never get crazy if someone doesn't answer a PM or post. It's busy world we're living in.

I'm better in, the forum, e-mail and PM because I'm always painting or doing other things while I post so I'm not good in chat, I tend to be a bit too flighty to just sit and type for any amount of time. Also, I'm more of a "one-on-one" type person than a crowd type. I feel more at ease communicating with one person at a time.

I don't even know which of your groups I'd fit in! I live in the "Nina" world and rarely "measure" things like popularity. I've been accepted, ignored, someone even messaged me a few weeks back and told me I was a spoiled, do-gooder ***** with too much time on her hands. It bothered me for a day or two but the person who said it never came back. *shrugs* Who knows what climbed up his/her butt and died that day. I'm still here and they're gone....
I read here for quite awhile before I decided to join and post anything. When I finally did, I poured my heart out and folks were very kind.
I'm sure you can find the same kindness. They really are a awesome group! :)
All except the nasty one who called me a name!! :p

It's not a clique as much as it is the people here becoming close to each other. No one came here with the intent to purposely start or be in a clique of certain people. Unless they're here to cause trouble...

stop being such a miserable, complaining bore then Cas, perhaps then people will actually want to talk to you.

stella said:
stop being such a miserable, complaining bore then Cas, perhaps then people will actually want to talk to you.

i like Cas

csmswhs said:
stella said:

i like Cas

I like Cas, Stella, and cmswhs.

I like you, yes you reading this, too. Everyone is different and unique in their own way.

It doesnt have to be about popularity. Just talk to people, and people will talk to you back, and then you become friends.

(((eris))) If the world could just follow your plan, imagine how DECENT the world would become! :)

Eris, the goddess of chaos, of all people, has the right idea.... *sigh*

No one here is more "popular" than anyone else... thats just silly. We are NOT in high school anymore.

there may be a few inside jokes here and there, from people that frequent the chat room, but think about it... none of us knew anyone else in there until we started going in there to chat... now, there are a bunch of people, that have been going in for months, and even years, to talk... and see the same people. No one is forming cliques...

You did come to the chat room, for a minute.. and then started a thread about how no one said anything to you.. As i recall it, EVERYONE said hello to you... and you poofed.

We are all here to find people to have friendly chat with... the chat room is fun, if you let it be. The forums are fun as well, if you let it be...

Just smile sometimes, don't wait for someone else to initiate contact... jump in and say hello. post on the games section... post some fun pictures in the picture threads...

Just like anywhere else, if you want to meet people, you need to get involved. Good luck CAS.

What Dani said sounds right. It's very rare that no one says hi to anyone that comes in. I get a hi when I join back into chat, and I'm usually always there. I believe her when she says everyone welcomed you and you left. That sounds more believable than no one saying hi to you. How about you stay longer next time, and actually give yourself enough time to be involved into a conversation... It takes more than an impatient minute on your behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back