I like this site but sometimes it reminds me of school.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, people have pre-established friendships and rapport built up when you join any site and that can often lead to feeling ignored or left out of the group. It's like walking into a room full of old friends offline and trying to somehow get into the conversation. It's quite intimidating.

I've been on the other side too; being one in a group of old friends. Sometimes you do forget there's a new person around. They get quiet so you keep chatting along with your buddies, figuring they just don't have much to say, and it doesn't occur to you that maybe they are quiet because they are feeling shy or intimidated.

So, I try to keep that in mind and ask general questions that everyone can answer like "How is everyone?" to sort of give and in for anyone. Saying "hi" isn't always a clear invitation to chat as much as actually including someone in the conversation being had.

Another thing that makes me go silent in a chat with people I don't know so well is when everyone's already talking about a topic and I feel it would be rude to butt into the middle of it, or I have no idea what they are talking about. So I go quiet until I find some sort of in road to join.

@tehdreamer: we usually talk about nonsense in chat for the most part. Don't feel shy about joining in. We'd love to have you. :)

CAS-- The posts in this thread demonstrate it all, the warmth and kindness that gets shown if only you reach out to the folks around you. It never fails for me, I come in here and someone is always leaving some words that leave me totally, warm and fuzzy...Or they're making me laugh my butt off or I just really admire their direct approach to, expressing themselves and handling stuff. An amazing group if ya give em a chance! :)

The chat room is a clique. When an outsider joins in, you get igored. Don't believe the hype.

no one here on the forum is an outsider.... that is what we are all trying to get across to you.... we are all the same... we are all equal...

Uh. Nuh-uh.

We consistently TRY to be nice to you and you tell us off.

o_O

I Wouldn't bother, its all done for attention, he has no desire to make friends, since when he does he drives them away by being nasty or drains the life out of them. that's not respect for your friends. he wont listen to a word any of you say on here, it will go in one ear and out the other. save your energy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back