I love you,SON

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anten said:
I have no idea how old you are. I don't remember what happened between years 7-9 and i am in my 20s. You probably didn't learn about what your dad did(suggesting abortion) to later in life unless you mom always talked about how shitty your dad was. Did you learn about this prior to the court dates or after?

It is really hard to get a full picture of someones life and struggles in several sentences posted on a message board. I have to fill in the gaps where i can.

Really the main thing is if there is a missing part of you life you try to find some closure and Relentless you found that through first and second hand accounts. Some times you need those first hand accounts even thought you know the person what a piece of honeysuckle. That doesn't mean you have to sit through the abuse and mistreatment but just see and talk to the person to form your own opinion. I was just suggesting that maybe some of the people here who hadn't has that chance want to.

I know how shitty he was simply by his absence thankyou very much.

The post was in response to why you wondered why others wanted to see their dads. I was just useing your personal experiences to maybe shed some light on it.

Part of me wishes that I knew him, even though he was, according to my mom, a rotten person.

But I somehow hate my mom at times for not giving me that chance. She walked away from him - I never did.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Part of me wishes that I knew him, even though he was, according to my mom, a rotten person.

But I somehow hate my mom at times for not giving me that chance. She walked away from him - I never did.

One of my friends had a bad relationship with his dad because his parents would fight all the time. I guess things got rough so he would defend his mom. Though as he grew older he began understand why they fought and started to patch things with his dad.

I don't think this works for everyone though.

Anten said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

One of my friends had a bad relationship with his dad because his parents would fight all the time. I guess things got rough so he would defend his mom. Though as he grew older he began understand why they fought and started to patch things with his dad.

I don't think this works for everyone though.

I've never even met my dad, though. I have no idea where he is.

It's not exactly the same thing. But I see what you're saying.

I guess I just need to accept that my mom had a reason for walking away, and I need to respect that.

I barely remember much about my dad, we rarely ever saw him. Most of the time he came to visit he was drunk and smoked like a chimney, that's how I remember him. He died when when we were 14. I don't even remember the sound of his voice and barely remember what he looked like.

I'm newbie in this forum. It's great to be here with u all. Hope to discuss and share soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back