I really need to get my ADHD undercontrol

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knight

Reaction score
I am going to start out by saying the different things that I suffer from.

Severe depression (I am suicidal often)
ADHD (I cannot focus on ANYTHING, from video games, to projects, to signing up for classes)
OCD (I get fixated on stupid things, I tend to get fixated on my ADHD, and it throws me into a vicious cycle which leaves me extremely frustrated, and often to the point of suicidal)
I'm not sure if I'm bi-polar but I do have wild mood swings that are affected by the conditions above.
Anxiety.

I do have a job, and I ride my bike once a week (usually around 40 miles) when the weather permits.

I have many hobbies (video games, computer building, 3D modeling, cycling) I just can't focus on any of them anymore.

I'm a lonely person because I get social anxiety when I'm around strangers, despite being an extremely extroverted and friendly person.

I missed going to class this past semester because I couldn't get myself to focus on registering. I might not be able to sign up for classes this upcoming semester either, I'll know on the 3rd.

I can't keep going like this, I procrastinate on EVERYTHING. I push everything off and am often too late. I can't focus on anything. I can't live like this. I need to get control of my problems, and move on with my life. I need help.

(and yup, I copied and pasted this from another forum I had originally posted on)

IgnoredOne said:
Well, have you gotten any professional help for ADHD?

I've been to a few counselors but it was always for my depression and not my ADHD.

Knight said:
IgnoredOne said:
Well, have you gotten any professional help for ADHD?

I've been to a few counselors but it was always for my depression and not my ADHD.

Well, the solution presents itself. There are also various other methods for assisting with ADHD, including meditation, notetaking, etc. The internet is a wonderful resource for knowledge; take advantage of it.

Go to a mental health facility to be seen by a psychiatrist, they will evaluate you, and give you the appropriate medications.

(I am all listed above, and more) sometimes the meds don't work, but sometimes they do... and when they do... it is wonderful!

Latest posts

Back