I simply haven't met the right girl yet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it is hard to change a lifetime of conditioning. We all have those sorts of things within us, which we must overcome. I hope you get that taken care of. (Once you do, it will be easier to find the right flavour of kink!)

Something I just thought... Don't be passive about it just because a few people on a forum try to allow you to see other sides of the situation. If you like it, and it's something you want, go for. But you see the flaws in your thinking, and you realize that you may never get exactly what you want. So don't complain or be surprised if it doesn't turn out for you. But by all means, go for it if you want.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
That is the only explanation I can think of for why I have always been single.

There have been women who have been interested in me, but I just haven't clicked with any of them. And if something starts to work out, I never see her again, or things get awkward, and that's the way it goes.

I do believe that God has a woman out there for me. I do believe I was meant to be a father, and have biological children. It's just taking a bit longer, but life isn't a race, and I shouldn't pretend that it is. It may be a bit humiliating to be 30 and never even kissed a woman, but that doesn't mean it can't happen tomorrow.

The reason I went from "I'm ugly" to a more positive thing tonight is that I went out, and actually had some women looking at me, as if they found me attractive enough to date.
of course woman look at you :) Hang in there and the right woman will come along.. sometimes it just takes time..

What do you mean she is dead? What happened, blackdot?

And there are definitely a lot of wrong women out there. I tend to say that all the women I meet who are compatible with me are already in relationships, and the ones who are left are batshit crazy. If I met someone who proved this wrong, I would have a girlfriend.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
And there are definitely a lot of wrong women out there. I tend to say that all the women I meet who are compatible with me are already in relationships, and the ones who are left are batshit crazy. If I met someone who proved this wrong, I would have a girlfriend.

Have you ever considered that the ones who are left might find you batshit crazy? Not judging, just asking.

WildernessWildChild said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Have you ever considered that the ones who are left might find you batshit crazy? Not judging, just asking.

I suppose so, but I find them crazy as well.

I guess we're just incompatible.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
What do you mean she is dead? What happened, blackdot?

There story is on here somewhere.

The very short version is:
I was in my mid 30's and finally met the person that was absolutely perfect for me. We were perfect in so many different ways. Unfortunately for her, she was extremely bi-polar. I knew over the 2 years of knowing her that she was always withdrawn and that was why. She didn't tell me until the day she pushed me away. A year and a half later her mom called me to tell me she had killed herself.

So now I'm stuck with very few options. Women in their 30's don't date so it makes it very difficult. I have not met any batshit crazy women. I hear they are out there but I haven't met one. I only meet women who create dating profiles but have no interest in dating anyone. They don't let you know until either right after they give you their phone number or right before you meet.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm sorry, blackdot. That must have been a terrible thing to have gone through.

my mom wished it had never happened cause everything that happens in my life reminds me of her. My mom tells me I need to not think of her and I tell her who else am I going to think of since she's the only one I ever did anything with.

not a day goes by that I don't think about her at least once.

Sorry to hear about your loss, blackdot. :\

Mike510 said:
I found the right girl for me and she pushs me away and tells me to look for someone else because I am an inconvience.

That's terrible. If anything, you should be glad she's out of your life if she can't learn to appreciate you.

Lot's of people choose to struggle with grief in different ways. All we can do is be kind to ourselves. Sometimes, if only for ourselves and the people we care about, we might wish things have never come to pass. What has passed can never be taken back. All we can do is choose offer our condolences to our own pain and the pain of loss, loss in losing those we've cared about. I'm sorry Dave, that I couldn't recognize how much you must have been silently suffering alone to choose suicide as your only escape. You where always a great friend and I'm sorry that I was never there for you enough for it to matter. I'm sorry blackdot, for losing somebody you clearly cared very much for. Emotions are not a bad thing but they can sometimes be very painful, whether or not your struggling to get by and manage your feelings, pain is always something you should choose to speak about. Sometimes, the walk out of the darkness chartible event, or other gatherings sometimes help me when I feel down. I hope you can find something to help you as-well, blackdot. Hang in there.

blackdot said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm sorry, blackdot. That must have been a terrible thing to have gone through.

my mom wished it had never happened cause everything that happens in my life reminds me of her. My mom tells me I need to not think of her and I tell her who else am I going to think of since she's the only one I ever did anything with.

not a day goes by that I don't think about her at least once.

I didn't see your original post before, I am truely sorry to hear that happend to you. I can not imagine the pain you have gone through and continue to go through. I hope you can stay strong through this.

ladyforsaken said:
Mike510 said:
I found the right girl for me and she pushs me away and tells me to look for someone else because I am an inconvience.

That's terrible. If anything, you should be glad she's out of your life if she can't learn to appreciate you.

She is still in my life and I really want it to work but I know the longer this goes on the worse it will be. I suppose I am just playing the role of the "willing victim" just to keep a relationship with someone who I care about and thought cared enough about me.

Mike510 said:

Then she's not the right one for you. You may want to think that, but trying to hold onto something you don't even have isn't going to go anywhere. Something else is meant for you.

Mike510 said:
She is still in my life and I really want it to work but I know the longer this goes on the worse it will be. I suppose I am just playing the role of the "willing victim" just to keep a relationship with someone who I care about and thought cared enough about me.

*shakes head*
Dude.....that's just not right. :(
I think you deserve better treatment than that and I don't think you should settle for something or rather someone who'd only cause you misery in the long term. :/

VanillaCreme said:
Mike510 said:

Then she's not the right one for you. You may want to think that, but trying to hold onto something you don't even have isn't going to go anywhere. Something else is meant for you.

I don't think I am ready to admit that

ladyforsaken said:
Mike510 said:

*shakes head*
Dude.....that's just not right. :(
I think you deserve better treatment than that and I don't think you should settle for something or rather someone who'd only cause you misery in the long term. :/

I thought we were going to be together, just a couple months ago we were talking about getting a place together once we have the money and how are family situation would work. We been together almost two years and waking up and knowing I could talk to her this whole has made me feel happy but now I feel depressed all the time cause I never hear from her and when I do she acts like she is waiting for are relationship to end.

Mike510 said:
I thought we were going to be together, just a couple months ago we were talking about getting a place together once we have the money and how are family situation would work. We been together almost two years and waking up and knowing I could talk to her this whole has made me feel happy but now I feel depressed all the time cause I never hear from her and when I do she acts like she is waiting for are relationship to end.

Then.. I don't understand this.. why are you sticking around? Are you afraid of being alone?

Mike510 said:

Seems like to me it's already ended. I think that she just needs to be honest with you. Appears like she's just stringing you along for some reason. And her just up and out of nowhere changing her attitude sounds kind of fishy to me.

Latest posts

Back