I was banned on Fakebook :-(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysigh

Reaction score
Having gotten nowhere with the "friend" thing, I've recently become rather attached to Fakebook for political causes, there's one particular site I really enjoyed having their informative posts on my wall, but a recurring problem would be the trolls who "like" that page just so they can rant on how much they hate the page and proceed to call us names and hurl insults in all the comment areas.

I naively thought these sites would be a nice place for like minded individuals to come together and discuss issues and concerns without the vile, crude, insensitive, and vicious postings that are the norm on the net.

Well, I'm unemployed and have been posting comments more than usual as a result of my newly acquired spare time, and hence have been running into the aforementioned trolls quite frequently...when one referred to us as "an orchestra of ********" I responded with "well why don't you just leave" and he responded in all caps "f*** you!" After encountering these jerks several more times I confess that my temper was on the brink of spilling over, and thats just what happened a few hours ago...a troll posted some offensive comments and I lost it, I don't want to bring up what the political issues were (because that would make me a troll), basically I countered with some valid points but I also used the f bomb about five times...his response to me was "eat sh*t!" I responded back with "And the same to you." So I foolishly went to that site's wall and posted about how I was just told to eat sh*t by a troll and brought up the issue of whether its fair that I should have to censor myself from this page, blah blah blah...guess what, they banned me!

I was like, whoa, I wasn't expecting that...I've never been banned online before, not quite sure how to take this...

So now there's that little red circle at the top of my Fakebook page indicating I have a message waiting for me, I know its the admin scolding me for my bad behavior...and I do NOT want to read it...why do I feel like I'm ten years old again...

I confess I misbehaved with the numerous expletives...but the other guy started it!!!

So I think with this, my Fakebook experience has come to an end. Nope, I am not clicking on that red dot...

Pezza said:
You fought for what you believed in.

You did the right thing.

Yeah but a friend who still has access to that page just pm'd me that the troll with his "eat sh*t" message is still there for all to see while all my posts have been deleted....go figure.

Be glad your posts were deleted. You sank to his level, but now there's no evidence of it. Try not to sink again.

Sometimes honesty doesn't pay ladysigh.

But you still have your integrity.......

haha "an orchestra of ********", thas pretty inventive.
youll have to give him points for creativity though :p

but really, the whole internet is swarming with ********, iff you take them al seriously youre gonne be verry unhappy.
and anyone can start a website.
so getting banned by what for all you know could be a 12 year old trying to be important doesnt meen anything.
dont worry about it, it aint worth it.

as for clicking the red dot..
[video=youtube]

Trolls like that are everywhere. They do it for the sole purpose of getting reactions out of people like he did with you. They get off on it. Seeing as he is still there provoking people, more than likely he reported you. Don't let it get to you too much though.

That's one of the problems with politics. It only brings out the worst in both sides.

It's best to just avoid the political boards and be happier.

Hee hee, cute video...I'm gonna do my best to avoid the red dot for at least a week, by then my wounded ego should be healed a bit.

Yeah you're all right, but I'm the type that likes to stay informed, and if I just find another similar fb page, I'll be tempted to read the comments, which will then tempt me to post my own opinion which of course leads to a troll encounter...so my choices are, be angry but informed, or happy and ignorant...*sigh*

You can get your news from places and stay informed. Just avoid message boards where people talk about the stuff.
Like if I go to CNN to read an article, I read the article but don't scroll down to the bottom where the idiots post their own opinions of things. You won't get news if you read message boards. You will on get rants from the uninformed which in turn makes you uninformed.

blackdot said:
You can get your news from places and stay informed. Just avoid message boards where people talk about the stuff.
Like if I go to CNN to read an article, I read the article but don't scroll down to the bottom where the idiots post their own opinions of things. You won't get news if you read message boards. You will on get rants from the uninformed which in turn makes you uninformed.

You'd be amazed at how much is not reported on CNN (I'm guessing its out of fear of being seen as "biased"). For instance, it was on that fb page that I learned about a certain politician's spouse who had a "pray away the gay" clinic. This was never reported on CNN -- I just did a search on their page and still didn't find it. A google search did find it on some obscure blog section of CNN...

But yeah, I'm just gonna back off all the political stuff for awhile "The Daily Show" should suffice as my news source in the meantime :cool:

oh, I'm not saying you should go to CNN for your news. I was just using it as an example. I also get my news from The Daily Show.

it's just that at least with the news (and by news I mean news and not debate shows), you are getting information. In the blogs/message boards/chats you are just getting misinformation.

But to be honest, there really isn't a major news station that give the actual news these days.
If you go to the Fascist Opinionated Xenophobic channel (FOX) then you are going to only get 1 side of things.
If you go to MSNBC, you will get the other extreme of things.
If you go to CNN, you now days at least on tv just get tweets and e-mails from viewers. They have pretty much stopped doing news.

blackdot said:
oh, I'm not saying you should go to CNN for your news. I was just using it as an example. I also get my news from The Daily Show.

it's just that at least with the news (and by news I mean news and not debate shows), you are getting information. In the blogs/message boards/chats you are just getting misinformation.

But to be honest, there really isn't a major news station that give the actual news these days.
If you go to the Fascist Opinionated Xenophobic channel (FOX) then you are going to only get 1 side of things.
If you go to MSNBC, you will get the other extreme of things.
If you go to CNN, you now days at least on tv just get tweets and e-mails from viewers. They have pretty much stopped doing news.

I'd wager that neither Woodward nor Bernstein would even find work today...very sad. BBC is pretty decent, and although I'll probably be labeled a terrorist sympathizer, Al Jazeera sometimes looks better than anything on my cable lineup.

Okay, I clicked on the red dot and all it says is that they also commented on their link; the probably scolded me, but I'm not going to look, I know was bad (hangs head down). Now the red dot is gone, and this chapter in my life is over...oy...

Meh I wouldn't hang your head down. You flipped on someone who was being a bit of a turd. It happens to everyone. I bet you felt better after you got it all out though. ;)

Sci-Fi said:
Meh I wouldn't hang your head down. You flipped on someone who was being a bit of a turd. It happens to everyone. I bet you felt better after you got it all out though. ;)

Yeah but just as I put this behind me I get confronted by it yet again when I'm not even looking for it...I was just perusing the PayPal section of the evilBay forum, and some jerk is using what is in my opinion an incredibly offensive signature --- and I'm like, seriously??? what the hell does who killed bin Laden have to do with the PayPal debate???? what is he expecting to accomplish with this?

So naturally me being the knee-jerk reactionary loudmouth that I am I posted "thank you for introducing your hate-spewing vitriol here...its just what America needs more of right now."

Yes he'll probably hit the "abuse" button and I'll be poof'd from the evilBay forums as well...

Major *sigh*...

you do realize that the reason they put that stuff in there is just to get people like you riled up so they can then get you banned.

you have no one other than yourself to blame.

blackdot said:
you do realize that the reason they put that stuff in there is just to get people like you riled up so they can then get you banned.

you have no one other than yourself to blame.

Yeah I know, I know...my bad. I pray I find a job soon, that'll cut down on my internet exposure (face it, that's the culprit, nobody says to your face what they do on the net!).

Trolls...

Just laugh at how pathetic they are.

Btw just realized the thread says fakebook, LOL!! Good one.

blackdot said:
I'm at work right now and I'm still on the internet. :)

My last job blocked Fakebook, Twitter, outside email, etc.

I have to keep my computer on just in case I get contacted for a job -- yesterday I made the mistake of shutting it down at 3:00 and of course I received a call from a recruiter, he emailed me 4 documents that I had to open and print out immediately so I had to turn the machine back on.

So in between checking my three emails, my LinkedIn page and the umpteen job boards I gotta do something to kill the time, hence I get sucked into these online fiascos.

I think the reason I tend to react -- or overreact -- is that I was severely bullied as a kid, and the only defense I was offered by people was "ignore them." Of course, anyone who has been bullied knows that isn't very effective...so my online ranting I guess becomes my way of saying I am not going to be bullied and stay silent anymore...of course, in the adult world this isn't really working, is it?

I think I'll implement a "no internet after 5pm" policy...baby steps...

Latest posts

Back