I Wish......................

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can relate to both of you in some way. The way I look at it though, embracing it (sadly) makes you grow as a person. Then again, I suppose it still depends on the person and ones' agony. Mental versus Physical, etc.

I just can't help but feel like some of the most amazing people in the world that you'll meet are people who have endured the most. There are no stronger life lessons.

It translates to kindness. Why? It's simple. You don't want people to go through what you have. It coincides with empathy. Two traits this world lacks, greatly.

Siku said:
I can relate to both of you in some way. The way I look at it though, embracing it (sadly) makes you grow as a person. Then again, I suppose it still depends on the person and ones' agony. Mental versus Physical, etc.

I just can't help but feel like some of the most amazing people in the world that you'll meet are people who have endured the most. There are no stronger life lessons.

It translates to kindness. Why? It's simple. You don't want people to go through what you have. It coincides with empathy. Two traits this world lacks, greatly.

Couldn’t have said it better myself!
(For real, I really couldn’t) 😋

I don't disagree with any of you, and: I think pain, or distress or anguish....whatever word one uses to describe it, is an inevitable part of being alive and aware. What to do? Look at it up close, 'embrace' it if you want to use that word, then identify what's causing it. Then resolve that pain causing thing, avoid it or outgrow it, defeat it somehow.
OK, OK I can hear it now, "...easier said than done..." No argument. If I figure out how to lose my distress and live a life of joy I'll be certain to speak of it here.
My only point is that happiness is the goal rather than enduring pain.

I agree. However, to be fair, in the case of some with immense mental anguish, they already know or had these sort of thought processes. More painfully aware actually. The trends seems to be, the more aware you are of things around you (most importantly, your own feelings) the more you end up dwelling. Almost as if you've become so much of a realist that you've accepted your fate. If that makes any sense. It may sound childish to some people who don't understand it, but it's how the cookie crumbles unfortunately. Anyone's willpower and hope can be battered down over time and it's only human.

So, does that mean the most 'human' of the humans are chronically depressed? I dunno. Lol. All I know is, personally, I'd rather feel things than adhere entirely by logic. Using it to help guide the mind, not direct it. Find balance, and not lose our humanity in the process. Even if it hurts lol.

There's many variables and circumstances. And no one knows you more than yourself. I'm sure you'll agree when I say, don't let it consume you entirely if you feel yourself losing yourself in the process. That's if it can even be helped of course. Not much you can do about physical anguish. :(

I wish euthanasia was ******* legal. That will never happen though since the government hates us all.

A better world. A world where chickens can cross the road, without people questioning their motives!!!!

I wish I had an isolated place somewhere near a wood. The financial means to life comfortably the rest of my life. Maybe some land to till. A horse to ride.
And a rifle, to make sure you stay the hell off my lawn. ;-)

I wish I could see stars tonight.
Where I live there is nothing but light all day during the summer. 
I miss the total darkness of winter, the stars and northern lights it brings.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today. It's not bad, but I just feel lazy today.

I wish I had someone to hold at the end of the day.

tenor.gif

Latest posts

Back